Author Topic: A "First National Bank of Dad" spreadsheet for 2021?  (Read 1047 times)

Syonyk

• Magnum Stache
    • Syonyk's Project Blog
A "First National Bank of Dad" spreadsheet for 2021?
« on: December 28, 2021, 09:38:02 PM »
I assume something of this sort has to exist out there... and I've found a few, but they're not specifically what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to convince my daughter (6) of the merits of saving.  She's a "Get money, spend money" type, and recently came into a rather large sum of money for her (literally a week after we'd told her, "If you find money in parking lots or whatever, you can keep it," she finds $60 in the desert).  In the interests of encouraging savings and investment, I've offered an exceedingly generous interest rate of *mutter mumble a lot*, just... I have to track it somehow.

I'd like a sheet that allows me to add deposits/withdraws, and also some changes to the interest rate over time that take effect at the given date, and then has a total.  If it's in Google Sheets, I can probably link an Arduino/LCD to it and have it pull the calculated total on a somewhat regular basis.  The goal here is, "Look, if you save your money and it's earning interest, you can buy more later."  A bit Ramsey-ish for my tastes, but I'll start with "Let's not buy another lootbox toy when you have enough money to do so."

Does anyone have something like this laying around?  It doesn't need to be exceedingly fancy, she won't have access to it directly, but no need to reinvent the wheel if it already exists.

Thanks!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!