Author Topic: Wichita, KS Meetup  (Read 5039 times)

jrothwell06

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Wichita, KS Meetup
« on: June 13, 2015, 08:03:18 PM »
Thanks to the post titled "Mustachian Map" I see there are some Mustachians on the map in Wichita, KS.  I would love to meet you all and get to know one another and share ideas.  If any of you see this post let me know and we can figure out a public place to meet.  Hope to hear from you all.

John
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:44:31 PM by jrothwell06 »

jrothwell06

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Wichita, KS Meetup
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 07:45:29 PM »
Is anybody out there?

superathlete

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 06:21:49 AM »
I'm in Wichita and would like to meet up.

Kenbo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:41:13 PM »
I dunno that we have a huge group but I'm around.

DollarBill

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »
I'm down! I met superathlete back in Jan. There's not too many people here. alvabailey and meloict are also in the area but don't know if they still visit the site.

DollarBill

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 02:13:50 PM »
Bump

alvabailey

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 09:01:37 PM »
I'm still here! Would love to meet up!

superathlete

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 12:14:16 PM »
Me too. Been busy. Maybe sometime between thanksgiving and christmas?

DollarBill

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 03:18:39 PM »
What happened to the other two? lol. What about meeting up at the donut whole in the AM on a weekend? Let me know what days your free.

Kenbo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
I've never been but it looks quite interesting.

DollarBill

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2015, 02:36:19 PM »
If only we could get everyone to check more lol. Another good meet up would be going for a hike in a park. I've been walking with a "meetup.com" group called South Central Kansas hikers and we meet up every Tues for a hike. Good people and good conversations. The walks are about an hour long.

We could meetup with them or create our own.

kittyhawk19

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 09:18:34 AM »
I would be interested in meeting up in Wichita area for MMM discussions and idea sharing!

alycks

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2017, 12:24:01 PM »
I've been a long-time reader but thought I'd register and try to find some mustachians in my community, which is East Wichita. Here's a quick bio:

• 29 year old data scientist, married to a doctor (currently in her residency)
  • Moved to Wichita from Maryland in 2015 for wife's residency, now I telework.
  • Interests: lifting weights in the garage, brewing beer and cider, making my own yogurt, gardening, playing with my dog, living with just a bike, cooking

My wife and I don't have kids (though we might soon) and we're always looking for new friends to do frugal, fun stuff with. We've been camping out in Independence and over at Lake Cheney - we like taking walks and having people over for drinks and board games. What we don't like is going out to bars (excepting the occasional microbrews at the better Wichita watering holes), movies, going out regularly to restaurants, all that other anti-mustachian stuff.

Let me know if you're in Wichita and want to get together.

santafelake

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 07:20:47 AM »
Hello everyone,

Just joined the forum. I know this thread is pretty slim and spans a bit of time but I would love to host a group out at my place. My wife and I are the caretakers of Camp Tawakoni (between andover and augusta right off of 400). You guys could carpool out and mt. biking, hike, fish, disc golf, Rockwall climing could ensue or maybe just some beer and wine around a campfire whatever you guys are up for. My cell # is 312-5560 if anyone wants to get a hold of me. Im more than happy to throw some dates out if people are interested.
ps. My wife and I are in our early 30's and we have 3 young kids.

bcbaseballman

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2018, 03:51:11 PM »
Hello,

I see that this has not been posted on for about a year know but I wanted to introduce myself to the locals. here is a little information about myself:
I live in Haysville. I have a wife and have two young sons. we spend allot of time outside either working on the yard or just playing at the park. Let me know if you would want to get together sometime