Author Topic: Vegas Meetup?  (Read 16979 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Vegas Meetup?
« on: June 12, 2015, 10:45:49 AM »
I'm in Vegas for another two months or so, and would love to have one more Vegas meetup.

Anyone interested?  What days/times work in general for everyone?

I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Mirwen

• Stubble
Re: Vegas Meetup?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 12:06:12 PM »
I'd love to host a BBQ at my house.  A Sunday mid-day would be best for that.  I'm near Tropicana and Boulder Hwy.

synonym

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 12:15:57 PM »
I'd be keen to meet some locals - having recently moved to Henderson from New Zealand.

BarkyardBQ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 11:53:35 AM »
We'd be down for this, but our summer is a bit prescheduled. Can't do June 20/21, July 11/12 or 18/19. Free otherwise.

Mirwen

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 02:17:40 PM »
Let's do June 28th @ 11 am.  I'll provide pulled pork and 'slaw.  BYOB if you wish. 

PM for directions.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 02:31:39 PM »
Let's do June 28th @ 11 am.  I'll provide pulled pork and 'slaw.  BYOB if you wish. 

PM for directions.

Sounds awesome!  The wife and I are in.  Thanks Mirwen.  :)

Is there anything we should bring (besides B)?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Hikester

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »
Would anyone be interested in breakfast or lunch this Saturday June 20th to meet other
Sin City area mustachians. I am thinking chipotle or some place like that?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 10:58:44 AM »
Would anyone be interested in breakfast or lunch this Saturday June 20th to meet other
Sin City area mustachians. I am thinking chipotle or some place like that?

I don't know about doing stuff two weekends in a row.  Can you not make Mirwen's BBQ? 

Otherwise maybe something like this next month?

Hikester

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 04:54:38 PM »
I am not available the weekend of Mirwen's barbecue but I am available weekend of July 4th and July
25th. Hopefully one of these will work. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2015, 10:34:10 AM »
My attendance Sunday is now iffy--we may be going to visit my in-laws in California next weekend, apparently.  :)  I should know more by mid/end of the week.

Mirwen

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2015, 05:06:57 PM »
OK - Let us know when you can confirm.  I'm willing to reschedule.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 10:45:56 AM »
OK - Let us know when you can confirm.  I'm willing to reschedule.

I will in fact be out of town.  Sorry!  Feel free to have it or reschedule--if you have something Sunday I'd still be glad to meet up with others another time that works.  :)

Mirwen

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 11:10:57 PM »
OK  I'm going to be busy July 4th weekend.  How about the following Sunday, July 12th?  Can most people make that?

Apple Tree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 12:23:02 AM »
Has this meetup fizzled or already happened? I'd love to meet some Vegas mustachians. Anyone living in the northwest interested in a casual afternoon bike ride, hang out or whatnot, I'd be interested in that as well.

clifp

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 01:06:37 AM »
Arebelspy when are you guys going to be back in Vegas. I'm looking at my next Vegas trip and my dates are flexible.

Mirwen

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 09:07:17 AM »
I didn't get any replies to the suggested date, so it fizzled.  Please feel free to suggest another time and date.  I know there are several of us that would like to meet, but seem to have very full summer schedules.

BarkyardBQ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 10:09:14 AM »
We are still down.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 12:32:25 PM »
Aug 11-20 is our last two weeks in Vegas, and we'd be down for a meetup pretty much any day in there!

Arebelspy when are you guys going to be back in Vegas. I'm looking at my next Vegas trip and my dates are flexible.

We're leaving Vegas Aug 21.. after that, it's more likely that we'll see you in Hawaii than here in Vegas.  :D

(Though Ali is going to Hawaii this Sat. for a week, I am not.)

alpharomeo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 12:36:43 AM »
I would be interested in a LV meetup.  I live up in the NW part of town, but can travel wherever.  As far as scheduling, weekends tend to work best for me. 

Hikester

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 07:41:42 PM »
I too would be interested in a meetup before
Arebelspy leaves Vegas.

DDB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Arebelspy (Joe) linked me to this thread. He was trying to organize a Meetup in the summer but it never ended up happening and now he is traveling. Anybody still have interest? I am open to meeting as a group or even just an individual basis with any of you.

I am also putting together a course to teach the concepts of the book Your Money or Your Life (YMoYL) using the materials they have at http://www.financialintegrity.org/. I want to use Meetup.com as the main platform to organize this. If any Mustachian's would like to help just let me know!

- Derek

clifp

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 07:21:48 PM »
I'm looking at going to Vegas near the end of the month. I'll be playing poker and doing some looking for rental properties. I don't have firm dates in mind yet, but I probably won't be there during the weekend.

alpharomeo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2015, 02:19:38 PM »
I am still interested in getting together.  I live up in the NW part of town, but open to meeting up wherever makes sense for everyone.  Looking forward to getting together with some like minded people.

DDB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2015, 08:24:12 PM »
I have heard from three Mustachians so far, seems we can get a small group going in Vegas fairly easily. I was able to meet alpharomero on Tuesday and planning to meet synonym sometime next week. If anybody else is interested in meeting please reach out or reply here!

thingamabobs

• Stubble
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 01:58:24 PM »
following for future meetups.

Hikester

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 04:54:12 PM »
Still interested. I will keep checking for the meetup date and time.

cicadasong

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 11:06:58 PM »
Hello! In a new new newbie, also new resident in the area and wondered if anyone wanted to plan a meet up soon. I'd love to meet some local stachers and maybe learn from your example!
Also, anyone use republic wireless in the valley? How's the reception? <--see already brain-picking

WhoopWhoop

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 05:32:55 PM »
I'm moving from SoCal to Vegas in early January. What sold me? Multiple places offering rooms to rent for $350. Score! Super Mustachian for sure.

Anyway, following this thread because I'd love to meet up once I'm settled. The SoCal meetups have always been fun and interesting!

Punxsyboy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »
I'd be interested as well in getting together for an informal meetup.  As long as we are not traveling my schedule i pretty flexible, I live on the East side of town.

WhoopWhoop

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2016, 05:07:34 PM »
I'd be down for hiking, a quick coffee, or a meetup at a local park. Let me know.

@Punxsyboy - I just moved here so perhaps you can suggest a place?

The closest park to me is Justice Myron E. Leavitt and Jaycee Community Park which looks nice.... But I can walk or take a bus anywhere.

Perhaps next weekend if I'm not still sick?

Punxsyboy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2016, 05:56:14 PM »
At the moment I'm laid-up with a knee injury, so I won't be hiking for a bit....hopefully only a couple of weeks but may have to go see an Ortho.  :(

DollarBill

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2016, 06:09:05 PM »
I'm not in Vegas yet but thinking about moving there...it made it to my top 4 places. I've been there a few times but never looked at it as a future home base. I plan on taking a 14 State tour looking for a new place to live. I should be in the area around the end of Feb/early Mar, it would be cool to meet up with some of you to pick your brains on the area. If you have any pros/cons about the area feel free to PM me.

WhoopWhoop

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2016, 07:24:02 PM »
At the moment I'm laid-up with a knee injury, so I won't be hiking for a bit....hopefully only a couple of weeks but may have to go see an Ortho.  :(

Then coffee/tea/food meetup instead? Or you can't go out at all?

Punxsyboy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 07:58:08 PM »
Hobbling on crutches at the moment, I'm gonna give it a couple more days & if not improving will see ortho.  I'd like to be off crutches for a meet up.  But if I get really board, who knows...lol   So much for skiing next weekend....

DDB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 03:17:06 PM »
Hello Vegas Mustachians,

I have had the pleasure of meeting five of us in the area in the past couple of months (some readers of other FI forums)!

We want to organize a GROUP meetup for March.

I am thinking we meet on a weekend in the afternoon or evening. This will avoid a lot of time conflicts from conventional work. We can do either a lunch/dinner somewhere or a social activity such as a hike. What are you all up for? We will set a date and time around the middle of the month to give everyone time for putting it on their schedule.

Punxsyboy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 03:34:11 PM »
I'm game but can't commit yet to a hike until I see how the knee does.

alpharomeo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:43 PM »
I would definitely be interested in getting together with everyone.  Saturday afternoons would probably work best with my schedule. 

Thanks

thingamabobs

• Stubble
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2016, 01:24:04 PM »
I'd be interested in a meetup. How about a picnic at Sunset park?

DDB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2016, 07:24:31 PM »
I'd be interested in a meetup. How about a picnic at Sunset park?

That sounds fine to me. If others can confirm lets plan it. How about Saturday or Sunday the second week of March (12th or 13th)? This gives us time to get a small group together.

thingamabobs

• Stubble
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 01:58:21 PM »
March is terrible for me for the weekends, I'm either working or traveling. How about April?

CoolMcCool

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 06:43:00 PM »
Anyone in Vegas getting together?  This thread is a few months old so not sure.  Thought I would revive!  Just moved back to town last month from the Albuquerque area. 

DINKs

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »
Revival attempt.. Wife and I are moving to Vegas in a few months. We would love to get together with some other Mustachians!

Punxsyboy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2017, 09:02:08 PM »
Welcome to Vegas!  :)  Mustachian's are a rare breed in Vegas I fear.  Hit me (us ... wife & I)  up when u guys get settled in & we'll see if we can't meet up somewhere.

GingerMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »
I live in San Diego and visit Las Vegas every 3 months or so. Would love to attend a meetup!

justinscott

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »
I live in Vegas. If anyone would like to catch up for coffee or the like, let me know. :)

fierymillennials

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Fiery Millennials
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »
Super last minute, but if anyone is free tonight or tomorrow sometime I'd love to hang out!

Long story short, I'm visiting a friend and they were called away last minute on business until Sunday. So I'm in Vegas by myself and I don't know anyone or know what to do. Send me an email at gwen@fierymillennials.com if you can help me out!

justinscott

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2017, 10:27:27 PM »
Only read the post now. Hope you had a great weekend. :)

thedickinsons873

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2017, 11:36:22 AM »
Hello!
I just moved to LV/Summerlin 2 weeks ago and would love to meet up with any other Mustachians in the area! I'm open to whatever, but always love a good happy hour. Let me know if anyone's interested in doing something and I'll make a plan :):):)
-Christine

justinscott

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2017, 10:25:30 PM »
Been a bit quiet in this forum, so I don't know if there are enough to come out for an interesting happy hour, but I'm game to come out to a happy hour, a dinner, or even just to b.s. over coffee.

CoolMcCool

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2017, 10:15:00 PM »
Gonna revive the Vegas thread again!  We are in the NW side of town if anyone would like to meet up for lunch or whatever.  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!