Author Topic: Twin Cities  (Read 115549 times)

fidgiegirl

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Twin Cities
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2015, 07:04:13 PM »

Side note, any ideas on how we could better share resources/skills?   Perhaps a google sheet or something else simple.   Any one interested in that?

I just noticed this post, Dan.  Can you say more about what you mean?  Possibly interested!

DDrake

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Why buy new when extremely used will do.
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »
Well just for example,

I am a CPA and I have a small tax practice, I would happily give advice or do tax returns business and personal on trade for all sorts of things.    Right now, I would love to trade services with a lawyer to look for he purchase agreement on my house. 

I would do a return or a few returns for some one to help me set tile in my bathroom, cut down a tree in my yard, or what ever else some one has to trade.  I also have various fancy yard equipment (gas trimmer, pressure washer, snow blower)  I have acquired for free and fixed up, although I am selling my house, so I will need to find a new home for these types of things.   I think I do a pretty good job not owning things, but I still end up with stuff that gets used rarely,  I am sure that is the case with almost every one here.

Other skills I have, I can do rudimentary bike repairs and am more than happy to work through complicated ones with any one wanting a partner or some one to bounce ideas off of in the project. 

I can diagnose and fix most small engines problems. 

I do not own very many specialized tools, but I have a lot of general things to a considerate and caring borrower.

I have an extra bike that I use for guests a week or two a year that could easily be used for other peoples guests.   

Those are some examples, I am sure there are more but that is a rough cut of the idea any way.

Cheers,
Dan
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:02:53 AM by DDrake »

asiljoy

• Bristles
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2015, 11:07:50 AM »
I'm game. Du Nord is a great place to meet up too.

laughing_paddler

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
So glad to post for the first time here, I've been a reader since last September, and finally joined the forum- mostly to see about meeting some mustachians in St.Paul (east-side!) or Mpls if I can swing it. I see you've got a crew here, so let me say Hello.
-Stefan

And as for this:

... or what ever else some one has to trade.

I happen to know a fair bit about (home-scale) landscaping with MN native plants (native plants are quite mustachian) and might often have seedlings or volunteer plants to give to or trade with forum fellows.

fidgiegirl

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2015, 08:18:57 PM »
Nice idea.  Maybe we could simply do it right here?  Like you just did.  :)

SpiritMark

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #205 on: May 20, 2015, 11:59:33 AM »
Hello All.  I'm down for a meetup too!

asiljoy

• Bristles
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2015, 07:59:38 AM »
So glad to post for the first time here, I've been a reader since last September, and finally joined the forum- mostly to see about meeting some mustachians in St.Paul (east-side!) or Mpls if I can swing it. I see you've got a crew here, so let me say Hello.
-Stefan

And as for this:

... or what ever else some one has to trade.

I happen to know a fair bit about (home-scale) landscaping with MN native plants (native plants are quite mustachian) and might often have seedlings or volunteer plants to give to or trade with forum fellows.

Oooooo. I've got my townhome association looking into going back to native plants after seeing that they spent a ridiculous sum of money on high maintenance plants with little purpose in mind (like protect against erosion/provide shade/etc.) Would be interested in chatting if they ever do get a meet-up going!

taylor044

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2015, 08:38:06 AM »
Hello all, I'm in for a meetup!

jakluesn

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2015, 09:31:30 AM »
Hi all,

I am a new reader and live in the Minneapolis area. Under 30 and I am applying to accelerated nursing schools. I know, taking on debt is not very mustachian, but I am extremely excited about it. Would absolutely be willing to meetup and learn from you. From what I can tell Mustashians seem to have a knack for teaching as well!

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Jack

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2015, 09:09:50 AM »
This is my first post on here so please be kind.  I used to post under a shared alias with my wife, but figured that I/we could gain more knowledge and insight by having our own aliases. 

In any case, DDrake, Your tagline is awesome!  You have to love some Dick Enrico. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose a few dates, times, and locations.  We may even offer up our home/backyard as a meeting place if we could have good weather for a bonfire.  I figure that if you are on this forum, odds are pretty good that you are a safe & sane person, but either way, it might be good if we chatted for 1-3 minutes on the phone first to be sure! :)  And, it is certainly more Mustachian to drink the same beer out of a bottle/can @ 1/4 the price of one in a bar!  Either way though, we are excited to get together with some cool people! 

Here is a link to a Doodle I just created.  http://doodle.com/3ifuded6m8f4y22r  Please feel free to confirm any dates and locations that work for you!  If you can make all four but have a preference, please feel free to comment on this board! 

I am really looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you, and just meeting more people that have similar views. 

tariskat

• Bristles
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »
eep, what a bummer.  I'm out of town or at a wedding for 3 of those days.  Thanks for putting that together, nhermanson!

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2015, 12:14:48 PM »
tariskat, what about the 4th day? :)

Either way, I hope to grow and build this community's interaction.

Nate

tariskat

• Bristles
« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2015, 12:27:04 PM »
I answered 'yes'

:-)

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2015, 08:12:27 PM »
So far we have 4 people (plus my wife and I) that have responded. Unfortunately, no one so far can make the same date. If we can get a lot more responses, I would be happy to do all four dates.

I hope everyone had a happy Memorial Day, and those of us that are not FIRE enjoy the jobs/careers we go back to tomorrow. :)

Here's the doodle link again in case you missed it earlier: http://http://doodle.com/3ifuded6m8f4y22r

Embok

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2015, 09:43:53 PM »
I'm from the Twin Cities and visit 3 or 4 times a year (can & do work remotely - have my own small law firm).  Would love to join for a meetup but won't back back in Minnesota til early September.  But if there's interest then, I'd be in.

KMMK

• Handlebar Stache
    • Meena Kestirke Insurance
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2015, 05:08:40 AM »
Following just in case I'm down from Winnipeg at the right time.

3Mer

• Bristles
« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2015, 06:03:48 AM »
Added my name to 07/25 - but might not be able to make it if my brother is in town over that timeframe.  Some of the earliers dates might work out for me except for 06/27 - but I won't know until closer to the dates.   Be great to meet some fellow mustachians! :-)

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #217 on: June 01, 2015, 05:21:48 AM »
So far our house on July 25th is the winner.  I want everyone that responds to have a chance to get together, so as of now, we will plan on doing all four dates!  If your circumstances change, please feel free to update the Doodle.  http://doodle.com/3ifuded6m8f4y22r

Looking forward to it.

Gretamom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #218 on: June 04, 2015, 01:29:48 AM »
Hi Everyone!
I'm fairly new to this forum, but not the lifestyle. My husband and I (+ 3 kids) live in WI about an 1 and 20 minutes from the twin cities. We get over to the Cities fairly often. I'm thinking that this is the closest group to us. We might be available for the July 25th date for a meet up.

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #219 on: June 06, 2015, 06:53:01 PM »
Hello again everyone.  We are quickly approaching our first suggested meet-up.  Seeing that we have 3, 2, 3 and 5 people that can make it to the four options listed (other than my wife and I), I wanted to one more time ask folks to update their selections if any other weekends have now become available. 

Shannon and I will go to each and every session as long as at least one person shows up because we think it's always good to expand our network with like-minded people! :)  That being said, we would like it to be as impactful as possible.

Anyone else that is following and hasn't responded yet, you should do so too!

Here's the link: http://doodle.com/3ifuded6m8f4y22r

Also, feel free to add me on facebook: Nate Hermanson.  And should you need it the night of, my cell is 651-270-6330.

Looking forward to it!

Nate

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2015, 04:11:35 PM »
So... Are we on tonight? We would rather not drive or bike over to mpls if we do not have confirmation from anyone other than via the doodle. Please respond here, email me at Nathan.hermanson@gmail.com or call 651-270-6330 to confirm.

Thanks

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
One confirmed no, 0 confirmed yes's so far. I'm going to bike to work tonight instead. I think MMM will approve as I am working towards a bonus that would help us take care of our hair on fire debt emergency. Please come join us at one of the next three sessions. Why don't I be proactive and start to see who can confirm for next weekend?

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #222 on: June 15, 2015, 01:30:00 PM »
I have updated some dates on Doodle. Wouldn't mind hanging out with people in any of the available nights, even if a majority isn't available. The way I see it, the more mustachians I know locally, the better.

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2015, 02:23:26 PM »
Awesome!  We are confirmed for this Saturday @ Stout's Pub.  It is near our house so we will bike as long as one person shows up!  Looking forward to it.  See all of you soon.

Again, 651-270-6330 or Nathan.hermanson@gmail.com if you need to reach me.  Otherwise, I'm the tall gangly one, and my wife will be the best looking woman in the joint.  She's also pregnant :) 

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »
I'm going to be there on Saturday, just put it down on my calendar. I won't be making any other plans for this evening so will be slightly ticked off if no one else is there.

asiljoy

• Bristles
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »
My parents are in town this weekend, so I won't be able to make it, but I'm interested in future meetups!

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #226 on: June 18, 2015, 05:05:54 AM »
Looking forward to it MgoSam.  It will at least be you, my wife, and me! :) But I'm optimistic that others will show too!  Like I said, it's right by our house, so we will be biking there no matter what!  (Well, unless it's raining, but we will be there no matter what.)

laughing_paddler

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #227 on: June 18, 2015, 08:13:11 AM »
out of town this weekend, but still looking forward to a future gathering, thanks for setting these up nhermanson!

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #228 on: June 18, 2015, 08:47:14 AM »
nhermanson, I pmed you my number.

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #229 on: June 18, 2015, 08:49:41 AM »
Sadly, I won't be able to make this one.

tariskat

• Bristles
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »
I can't make this one either :(  This was the only one I was going to be able to do, too.  Bummer dudes.

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #231 on: June 20, 2015, 09:24:31 AM »

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #232 on: June 27, 2015, 07:14:27 AM »
We had an awesome time last weekend @ Stout's Pub with Mgosam and Billie G!  Who is coming tonight to Amsterdam?

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #233 on: June 27, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »
Hey everybody!  We are heading down a little before 7.  If... anyone... can make it?  Call or text Nate @ 651-270-6330 to confirm!

Thanks

laughing_paddler

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #234 on: June 27, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »
Looks like I'll be able to swing it. See you later!

laughing_paddler

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2015, 09:15:46 AM »
Just a quick note to followers of this thread that I may have convinced nhermanson and shermanson to consider moving the start of July meet-up UP a few hours so those of us with mini-mustachians can come and join in as a family (instead of leaving someone at home or getting a sitter).

Stay tuned for actual timing, but we were discussing somewhere in the 5 or 5:30 range (right nhermanson?).

asiljoy

• Bristles
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2015, 10:08:38 AM »
Just a quick note to followers of this thread that I may have convinced nhermanson and shermanson to consider moving the start of July meet-up UP a few hours so those of us with mini-mustachians can come and join in as a family (instead of leaving someone at home or getting a sitter).

Stay tuned for actual timing, but we were discussing somewhere in the 5 or 5:30 range (right nhermanson?).

This would make it considerably easier for us to come as our little one is usually in bed by 8.

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
For sure!  We will move up to 5:00, or maybe even 3:00?  Then we could do yard games?  Maybe grill out?  If folks are interested, please bring stuff to grill and or drink!

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #238 on: July 10, 2015, 10:56:07 AM »
3 pm start time you say? Looks like I'll need to pace myself, just kidding.

asiljoy

• Bristles
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2015, 11:40:01 AM »
What days are these meet ups again?

Gretamom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2015, 03:06:15 PM »
This is my first post on here so please be kind.  I used to post under a shared alias with my wife, but figured that I/we could gain more knowledge and insight by having our own aliases. 

In any case, DDrake, Your tagline is awesome!  You have to love some Dick Enrico. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and propose a few dates, times, and locations.  We may even offer up our home/backyard as a meeting place if we could have good weather for a bonfire.  I figure that if you are on this forum, odds are pretty good that you are a safe & sane person, but either way, it might be good if we chatted for 1-3 minutes on the phone first to be sure! :)  And, it is certainly more Mustachian to drink the same beer out of a bottle/can @ 1/4 the price of one in a bar!  Either way though, we are excited to get together with some cool people! 

Here is a link to a Doodle I just created.  http://doodle.com/3ifuded6m8f4y22r  Please feel free to confirm any dates and locations that work for you!  If you can make all four but have a preference, please feel free to comment on this board! 

I am really looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you, and just meeting more people that have similar views.

The link above on doodle.com should take you to all the info.

asiljoy

• Bristles
« Reply #241 on: July 23, 2015, 06:31:46 AM »

The link above on doodle.com should take you to all the info.
thank you!

Gretamom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #242 on: July 23, 2015, 06:12:25 PM »
So excited to meet up with everyone! We are planning on being there for sure on Saturday. I'm bring my husband and our three kiddos ages 13, 9, and 7 (turns 8 July 31).

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2015, 05:59:40 AM »
I am up in the air for the meetup tomorrow.  My fence broke recently and saturday afternoon will be spent fixing it.  If everything goes well I will be able to make the tail end of it.

ROY2007

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2015, 10:26:40 AM »
I can't make it tomorrow, but it sounds like fun! Hope to get more events organized in the future.

Monkey stache

• Stubble
« Reply #245 on: July 24, 2015, 12:41:02 PM »
Just found out about this meetup! Is it too late to join?

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2015, 02:42:16 PM »
@ Monkey stache: It's never too late! 

If I failed to mention, let's do this Mustachian style...

Feel free to bring something to grill, drink, snacks, etc.  We are just covering the hospitality, some yard games and propane :)

We are closing on our second house next Friday, so we do not have any spare cash! :)

Monkey stache

• Stubble
« Reply #247 on: July 24, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »
Thanks! Could you PM me the address?

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #248 on: July 24, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
I'm late to the party but would considering coming by if I knew where it was?

@ Monkey stache: It's never too late! 

If I failed to mention, let's do this Mustachian style...

Feel free to bring something to grill, drink, snacks, etc.  We are just covering the hospitality, some yard games and propane :)

We are closing on our second house next Friday, so we do not have any spare cash! :)

nhermanson

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2015, 09:01:33 AM »
Hello fellow Mustachians!  The day is upon us.  We look forward to seeing many of you at our humble abode this evening.  Shannon has a baby shower this afternoon, so we will be even less likely to be sucka consumers for our new baby, because other people are doing that for us! 

Let's start @ 5:00 as she should be home by then. 

The address is
873 Idaho Avenue West
Saint Paul, MN 55117

Sometimes Google Maps/MapQuest/other navigation systems take you to a different Idaho Avenue that is roughly 1 mile away.  Please make sure that the end destination is right off of Victoria street. 

Here is the correct Google Maps link:

https://goo.gl/maps/XaZ6X