Author Topic: SLC area Ski Trip March 2020  (Read 5121 times)

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
SLC area Ski Trip March 2020
« on: October 13, 2019, 11:12:52 AM »
Is there any interest in meeting up for some skiing in the Salt Lake City area in mid to late March 2020?

For those of us with an Ikon Pass, there are plentiful ski opportunities in the SLC area including:

Solitude (unlimited days)
Deer Valley (5 days)
Alta/Snowbird (5 days)
Brighton (5 days)

There is a nice hostel in Park City with shared and private rooms available. I stayed there last year and it was remodelled and very clean.

The hostel is only a good option for skiing Deer Valley. The other resorts are on the other side of the mountain range, closer to SLC, and it would be better to group together and rent a house or individual hotel rooms.

Who is in? Calling @Dr Kidstache, @bognish, @WorkingToUnwind  or anyone else that lives in the area or would like to join in from afar like me.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
Re: SLC area Ski Trip March 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 10:11:02 PM »
Giving this thread a bump in case someone missed it and is interested. So far it doesn't look like there is any interest.

superd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 07:56:17 PM »
Last few trips to slc I’ve been staying on the ski bus line (days inn south) next to midvale park and ride, buses go to both big and little cottonwood canyons and can ride the light rail downtown for evening activities.

I chase storms and get in 60+ days.. was tentatively planning to hit the ikon Colorado resorts in March and slc in feb. I’m in bc now at revel stoke

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 08:12:38 PM »
I plan to fly out to Salt Lake City on March 24th and leave on April 3rd. First-half I will spend at Deer Valley staying in Park City  and second half I'm staying over at Midvale at the Park Inn. Yes I did my research and you're right about the ski bus line and the light rail into town.

It doesn't look like our paths will cross but in case it does let me know.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 08:49:39 PM »
I'm not chasing storms I make my plans in advance. I like your style though.

I'm actually the opposite of you as in I'm going to Colorado in February and Salt Lake City in March. I'm also going to Squaw Valley in April.

superd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 10:53:44 PM »
You probably already found this but the ikon pass gets you free ski bus usage, you have to have it activated at the solitude office. Just tell the driver the first day that it’s your first day they should let you on without paying.

Happy turns, if I’m there end of March I’ll update

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 11:24:01 PM »
You probably already found this but the ikon pass gets you free ski bus usage, you have to have it activated at the solitude office. Just tell the driver the first day that it’s your first day they should let you on without paying.

Happy turns, if I’m there end of March I’ll update

Thanks for the tip!

Lnspilot

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2020, 02:33:33 PM »
Hey Daisy,

I live in downtown SLC and have been enjoying the IKON pass for the last two years. I'm on the final push towards FI, and took a 1.5 year "gap year" to test it all out.

I'd be happy to meet up at a resort and make some turns!

Laserjet3051

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2020, 04:39:58 PM »
Last few trips to slc I’ve been staying on the ski bus line (days inn south) next to midvale park and ride, buses go to both big and little cottonwood canyons and can ride the light rail downtown for evening activities.

I chase storms and get in 60+ days.. was tentatively planning to hit the ikon Colorado resorts in March and slc in feb. I’m in bc now at revel stoke

Last year I did the bus ride up LCC, heinous, absolutely atrocious traffic up every morning. NEVER will do that again, ever. Always stayed in LCC and will do so next time I go, which unfortunately, due to a new job may mean next season! 

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2020, 08:56:01 PM »
Hey Daisy,

I live in downtown SLC and have been enjoying the IKON pass for the last two years. I'm on the final push towards FI, and took a 1.5 year "gap year" to test it all out.

I'd be happy to meet up at a resort and make some turns!

Great! I will PM you.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!