Author Topic: SF/Bay Area?  (Read 195267 times)

ManyMountains

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: SF/Bay Area?
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2014, 09:42:53 PM »
Agreed. It seems like there could be a meetup in the South Bay, SF, and East Bay.

mxt0133

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2014, 11:58:30 PM »
I think there is enough interest in a SF meetup.  I propose West bluff picnic area, Long Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94129 by Crissy Fields on May 31st say 10 am.  There are picnic tables and grills there so we can BBQ.  I can get there a little early to get a table with a grill.

We can do pot luck.  Once we confirm who's attending we can organize who can bring what.

Begonia

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »
I think there is enough interest in a SF meetup.  I propose West bluff picnic area, Long Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94129 by Crissy Fields on May 31st say 10 am.  There are picnic tables and grills there so we can BBQ.  I can get there a little early to get a table with a grill.

We can do pot luck.  Once we confirm who's attending we can organize who can bring what.

Way to be proactive, mxt0133! Unfortunately I have to be at a graduation from morning to early afternoon that day. Will not like missing it. If a good amount of people can't make it, how does the following Saturday 6/7 look?

michaelrecycles

• Stubble
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2014, 03:37:03 PM »
Check the latest MMM post re: 5/23 at Heron's Head Park in SF.

Unfortunately, this is a little far for me in Santa Cruz, particularly since I don't have any other plans in the City that weekend.

Begonia

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »
Am going on Friday 5/23. Hope to see other Bay Area 'staches there!

mxt0133

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2014, 08:55:09 PM »
@micheal - Thanks, I almost missed that post.  See everyone there. I'm pretty excited to meet the MMM family, they're practically royalty in my book!

KS

• Stubble
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2014, 07:52:29 PM »
Unfortunately, this is a little far for me in Santa Cruz, particularly since I don't have any other plans in the City that weekend.

agreed! I'm still considering it but by the time I trek up there after work I think it might be almost over anyway... South Bay folks are you game for another meetup in the next couple months? I just realized how long it's been since the last one! And anybody who makes it up to SF this Friday can fill the rest of us in on how it went. :)

RapmasterD

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2014, 09:41:27 PM »
Am going on Friday 5/23. Hope to see other Bay Area 'staches there!

Yah moh be there!

The Bearded Bank Builder

• Stubble
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »
See you all there this Friday! He mentioned it's right near Speakeasy Brewery. Never been there myself but love the beer, so will definitely be wandering over there at some point

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2014, 05:10:56 PM »
See you all there this Friday! He mentioned it's right near Speakeasy Brewery. Never been there myself but love the beer, so will definitely be wandering over there at some point

(sorry I can't make it!)

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2014, 02:03:36 PM »
Living in SF and I will attend the meeting tonight.

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
  • Veggie Powered Handyman
    • The Flamboyant Introvert
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2014, 07:51:28 AM »
In case you didn't make it, or didn't share your email:

Someone started a Google + for local Mustachians

https://plus.google.com/communities/109606181421765828312

NickeldimeDC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2014, 11:45:53 AM »
Attended the meet up last night and was pleasantly surprised to see so many people pursuing Financial Freedom through Badassity. 

Was impressed by Evan who retired from corporate life at 28.  Intrigued by Ben and his goal of retiring in 5 years.  Welcomed by KJ and Michael in a very warm way.

Alamedagal and I had a great time and are interested in future meet-ups in the Bay Area, especially the East Bay.

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »
It was a pleasure meeing everyone yesterday.  So many stories so little time!  Looking forward to meeting more local mustachians at future meetings. :)

Wish I knew more people were attending since I brought a small cake to welcome Mr. Mustache.  Next time!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:05:28 PM by sobezen »

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2014, 09:43:03 PM »
It was a pleasure meeing everyone yesterday.  So many stories so little time!  Looking forward to meeting more local mustachians at future meetings. :)

Wish I knew more people were attending since I brought a small cake to welcome Mr. Mustache.  Next time!

That was you, eh?
Thanks!!! It was amazingly delicious!!!

electriceagle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2014, 09:52:45 AM »
At the meeting on Friday, someone collected (perhaps) 50-75 email addresses into a list. I have a server that can be used to host a Bay Area Mustachian listserv if the holder of the email addresses is interested.

(I realize that there is a google group, but I don't believe that the contact list could be added there; people would have to start over again.)

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »
At the meeting on Friday, someone collected (perhaps) 50-75 email addresses into a list. I have a server that can be used to host a Bay Area Mustachian listserv if the holder of the email addresses is interested.

(I realize that there is a google group, but I don't believe that the contact list could be added there; people would have to start over again.)

That's been done already: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jd45RCxDQSVJbJb_zbe_aq3morJVlUqmCSMFxZa0Rhc/edit#gid=0

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #117 on: May 28, 2014, 12:13:53 PM »
@ Bakari:  Cool indeed!  Glad the cake was enjoyed.  We really needed more name tags by the end it was like playing pictionary.  :)

EmEmEm

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2014, 11:54:46 PM »

agreed! I'm still considering it but by the time I trek up there after work I think it might be almost over anyway... South Bay folks are you game for another meetup in the next couple months? I just realized how long it's been since the last one! And anybody who makes it up to SF this Friday can fill the rest of us in on how it went. :)

Yes, I'm interested in a South Bay meet up!

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2014, 09:29:58 PM »

Yes, I'm interested in a South Bay meet up!

Yes, I think we should do another South Bay meet-up as well. (The SF one was a bit out of the way and we already had plans to camp elsewhere that night).

Any one have suggestions for a date? After, or during the long-weekend perhaps?

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2014, 11:24:43 PM »
A South Bay meet up or even one in midway in the penninsula might be a good location compromise.  How do others feel about Millbrae, San Mateo or Redwood City?  Any other ideas?

Frugal Frequency Holder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Frugal Frequency Holder
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2014, 12:38:47 AM »
The country hippie contingent (town of Fairfax in Marin county) reporting for duty!

Good to be here.

Badass by 41

• Stubble
    • Journal
« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:11 AM »
Mid-Pennisula sounds great to me!

AndHigherStill

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • better living through continuous optimization!
    • And Higher Still
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2014, 03:23:32 PM »
Hello fellow Bayesians!  (I may not be from around here)

After the meetup in Heron's Head Park last month, we decided it would be worthwhile to organize additional meetups under the Bay Area Mighty Mustachian Meetup (BAMMM) banner.

To facilitate this, we assembled a contact spreadsheet, a Google Group email list, and a Google+ Community. All should be publicly joinable!

We're having a little meetup in Dolores Park on Saturday afternoon, described in more detail in the Group and Community.  All are welcome—if you know anyone else who might be interested, forward this along!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2014, 03:47:29 PM »
Hello fellow Bayesians!  (I may not be from around here)

After the meetup in Heron's Head Park last month, we decided it would be worthwhile to organize additional meetups under the Bay Area Mighty Mustachian Meetup (BAMMM) banner.

To facilitate this, we assembled a contact spreadsheet, a Google Group email list, and a Google+ Community. All should be publicly joinable!

We're having a little meetup in Dolores Park on Saturday afternoon, described in more detail in the Group and Community.  All are welcome—if you know anyone else who might be interested, forward this along!

Wow, that group looks way larger than I had imagined

AndHigherStill

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • And Higher Still
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »
That little crowd?  That was way before things got rolling—MMM had just arrived!

People were coming and going, but I collected 85 email addressed and I'd estimate the total turnout at around 100:

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
That little crowd?  That was way before things got rolling—MMM had just arrived!

People were coming and going, but I collected 85 email addressed and I'd estimate the total turnout at around 100:

Yeah, those were the photos I was looking at

AndHigherStill

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • And Higher Still
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2014, 06:21:34 PM »
Another successful meetup!

I hope to see more of you at the next one somewhere else in the Bay Area.  If you have ideas about what to do or where to meet, send them out on the email list!

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2014, 07:25:10 PM »
Any upcoming plans for another meet-up? I've yet to meet some fellow Mustachians IRL, but am dying to. :-)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2014, 07:31:45 PM »
Any upcoming plans for another meet-up? I've yet to meet some fellow Mustachians IRL, but am dying to. :-)

I'm just gonna keep lurking the event photos until I spot someone I actually know

Frugal Frequency Holder

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Frugal Frequency Holder
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2014, 11:24:47 PM »
Me too me too. I'm an MMM newbie and I'd really like to meet you all. Just added myself to the G+ community and group mailing list linked above.

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2014, 08:04:21 PM »
Hey, yall remember when MMM came to SF, and we all met up at a park?
I met this one guy there, and we started going on bike rides together once a week, and then he introduced me to his roommate, and then she and I started dating, and now its getting kinda all serious and stuff, and so, like, thanks MMM community, for being a part of making that happen!

carozy

• Bristles
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2014, 04:52:03 PM »
Hey, yall remember when MMM came to SF, and we all met up at a park?
I met this one guy there, and we started going on bike rides together once a week, and then he introduced me to his roommate, and then she and I started dating, and now its getting kinda all serious and stuff, and so, like, thanks MMM community, for being a part of making that happen!

That's so sweet and awesome!  Congrats!  :)

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2014, 08:39:52 PM »
So the last meetup was in SF - before I was a Mustachian. I'd like to see one in the South Bay. Anyone interested? (Not sure if I should start a new thread, or if this one is appropriate).

KS

• Stubble
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2014, 09:35:20 PM »
So the last meetup was in SF - before I was a Mustachian. I'd like to see one in the South Bay. Anyone interested? (Not sure if I should start a new thread, or if this one is appropriate).

This thread should be a good place to start I think. The last time some of us got together down this way the idea started here and then moved to its own thread once it got to the logistics/rough headcount stages. Lots of people (including me) have mentioned interest in a South Bay meetup, but so far nobody has suggested a date/location yet. Maybe you will be the brave non-introvert to take charge! Been considering stepping in and suggesting something myself but I haven't had time and I'm going to be on vacation for much of September so I was waiting at least until I get back.

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2014, 10:46:35 PM »

This thread should be a good place to start I think. The last time some of us got together down this way the idea started here and then moved to its own thread once it got to the logistics/rough headcount stages. Lots of people (including me) have mentioned interest in a South Bay meetup, but so far nobody has suggested a date/location yet. Maybe you will be the brave non-introvert to take charge! Been considering stepping in and suggesting something myself but I haven't had time and I'm going to be on vacation for much of September so I was waiting at least until I get back.

Heh, I was on vacation for much of August. And INTJ here, though I might get desperate enough to lead if no one else will.

AnonymousCoward

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2014, 11:25:39 PM »
I'll go to a south bay meetup (or a general bay area meetup). I live in Mountain View so meeting here or in Palo Alto would be nice.

What do we want to do? If people like going on walks we could meet near the Stanford Dish or the Bay Trail.

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2014, 12:43:34 AM »
I'll go to a south bay meetup (or a general bay area meetup). I live in Mountain View so meeting here or in Palo Alto would be nice.

What do we want to do? If people like going on walks we could meet near the Stanford Dish or the Bay Trail.

I'm always down for walking. I'm over in SJ near the airport, but can definitely make it over to PA if need be.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2014, 10:01:11 AM »
Ok guys, South Bay meetup September 7 at noon:

43rd Mountain View Art & Wine Festival
This year's festival in downtown Mountain View will feature around 600 artists, live music, a premium wine tasting tent, a football viewing area, microbrews, sangria and an area for kids. Sept. 6 and 7, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Free. Downtown Mountain View, 400 Castro St., Mountain View.

Of course I won't be there but I'm happy to suggest a time and place :-)

KS

• Stubble
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2014, 01:43:44 PM »
... INTJ here, though I might get desperate enough to lead if no one else will.

the 2 times I took the real test (once in high school and once as a team building thing at a job) I came up ENFP, which does mostly fit but I'm still pretty introverted for an "extrovert"!

43rd Mountain View Art & Wine Festival
This year's festival in downtown Mountain View will feature around 600 artists, live music, a premium wine tasting tent, a football viewing area, microbrews, sangria and an area for kids. Sept. 6 and 7, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Free. Downtown Mountain View, 400 Castro St., Mountain View.

Of course I won't be there but I'm happy to suggest a time and place :-)

That's a good suggestion! Forgot I'd seen the banners for that last weekend... probably since I'll be gone then, bummer! Usually a good opportunity to get outside, people watch, and check out some random stuff you probably won't buy. :) 

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2014, 09:59:40 PM »

Will have to miss this one. Hope it is fun!

AnonymousCoward

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2014, 11:28:31 PM »
How many people make the Art & Wine Festival? We can pick a date further out if that makes things easier.

Also, are any south bay people looking for roommates? I want to get out of my one bedroom when the lease is up.

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2014, 12:16:12 AM »
How many people make the Art & Wine Festival? We can pick a date further out if that makes things easier.

Also, are any south bay people looking for roommates? I want to get out of my one bedroom when the lease is up.

Yeah, I can't make the festival. Also hoping for something a bit closer to SJ, but if there'll be a number of people I would be willing to go further.

Also, I'm potentially looking for a roommate, but my lease isn't up until February. I'm currently in a small studio, but I'm considering renting a room or something to go cheaper - not sure what that would be (I'm leaning more ERE these days as far as rent). Currently working near the SJ airport.

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
I'm in for a SJ meet-up.  Guadalupe River park near the San Jose Vietnam Veterans Memorial on Santa Clara has picnic tables.  It's also near the Diridion station.

Sounds great! I'd love to cook something and bring it to a MMM meetup for everyone to share. :-)

AnonymousCoward

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2014, 10:33:06 PM »
I can bike to that. When? October 18th seems sufficiently far in the future for people to plan around.*

* Also I'll be out of town for the first two weeks of October so we can't do it then :P

sobezen

• Bristles
« Reply #145 on: September 12, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »
Do we have an official headcount for the proposed SJ meetup?  Thanks!

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »
I'd love to come. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town on October 18th.

Beric01

• Handlebar Stache
  • Law-abiding cyclist
« Reply #147 on: September 12, 2014, 03:58:50 PM »
I can definitely come to the SJ meetup. I can also probably get a Mustachian friend from another forum (doesn't post here) to come, and perhaps a different friend as well. Flexible with dates - let me know!

climber1

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2014, 05:06:46 AM »
Hello, I moved to the Bay Area (Sunnyvale) last month and it would be great to meet some fellow Mustachians. The October 18th meetup works for me.

AnonymousCoward

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2014, 10:48:21 PM »
It sounds like we have 5-6 people. When we finalize the details we'll probably get more.

Place: Guadalupe River park in SJ
Time: ???

I suggested the eighteenth kind of arbitrarily (it's the first weekend I'll be back after traveling). We can do it later if NoraLenderbee prefers. Does early afternoon (maybe 1 PM) sound good?