Author Topic: Seattle Travel: Feb 25, 2017  (Read 40663 times)

SingleMomDebt

Re: Seattle Travel: Feb 25, 2017
« Reply #250 on: February 26, 2017, 09:02:06 AM »
Thank you for the blast of a weekend! Bit dehydrated. Ha. It was wonderful to finally meet all of you! Faces to Names. Oh ya. And some juicy tidbits of information (points/eyes to Jenga). ;-)

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2017, 10:15:53 AM »
What happened in Seattle stays in Seattle.  Not.

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2017, 10:23:27 AM »
Thank you for the blast of a weekend! Bit dehydrated. Ha. It was wonderful to finally meet all of you! Faces to Names. Oh ya. And some juicy tidbits of information (points/eyes to Jenga). ;-)

I feel like I need a bit of a detox. ;)

The "faces to names" thing...to those of you who I met and whose company I enjoyed...when I see your names on the screen I see your faces and when I read your words on the screen I hear your voices (with their various accents). It is nice.

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2017, 10:27:08 AM »
Yes, it was a wonderful weekend in Seattle.   Thanks Seattle people for organizing us.   

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2017, 12:20:45 PM »
I can't take any credit for organizing, but it really was wonderful to meet up with all of you. It's nice to know that you're just as wonderful in person as you are online.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #255 on: February 26, 2017, 01:28:59 PM »
I only had time to partake in a narrow slice of the weekend's festivities, but it was great to put so many faces to names, and see the many faces I've seen before.

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #256 on: February 26, 2017, 03:20:39 PM »
+1 to all the comments above. It was wonderful to put faces (and voices, as JS so eloquently put it) to the names of y'all!

I'm just sorry I missed seeing the folks from Thursday and Saturday. I'll have to rectify that at the next meetup.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #257 on: February 26, 2017, 08:23:17 PM »
Yeah, you all rock. I was happy to spend the weekend with you. :)

Even the one called "demon child" was nothing short of 100% adorable. Truth.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #258 on: February 26, 2017, 09:07:35 PM »
SisterX gets my vote as badass mustacian of the weekend for cheerfully pedalling off into Seattle rush our traffic as the rest of us watched on awe.  Having the cutest Demon in tow the other times cinched her high standing.  I'm glad there are people like her raising the next generation.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #259 on: February 26, 2017, 10:05:39 PM »

I feel like I need a bit of a detox. ;)

The "faces to names" thing...to those of you who I met and whose company I enjoyed...when I see your names on the screen I see your faces and when I read your words on the screen I hear your voices (with their various accents). It is nice.

I'm so glad I don't have an accent..:)

PowerMustache

• Stubble
« Reply #260 on: February 26, 2017, 10:20:03 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting everyone I was able to this weekend. I had a few excellent in-depth conversations and some shorter ones, and I came away from all with a feeling that these are great people who I'd love to spend more time with. Thanks especially to everyone who traveled so far and let me step out my back door to meet you all! Thinking especially of long distance travelers Jon Snow, MJ, EFB, Shadowmoss, 94, Chippewa, Jessa, and Bracken Joy. Apologies if I forgot any travelers that I met -- I know that I was in the same room with a couple of you who I never said hello to, like KMMK.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:24:37 PM by PowerMustache »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2017, 01:16:08 AM »
So since this thread is about done, I thought I'd hijack it for the next one.  ;)

Are any locals up for doing it again in about 3 months? (End of May or early June?)

We will be in town at the next Camp Mustache Seattle (which is Memorial Day weekend), and it'd be awesome to get together with all the for members in the area that aren't going to CM, either the weekend before or after!

Though I imagine it'd be smaller this time, without people flying in, it'd still be great to see all the locals (and maybe give all of you a chance to get together again?). 

Thoughts?  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

PowerMustache

• Stubble
« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2017, 01:48:20 AM »
So since this thread is about done, I thought I'd hijack it for the next one.  ;)

Are any locals up for doing it again in about 3 months? (End of May or early June?)

We will be in town at the next Camp Mustache Seattle (which is Memorial Day weekend), and it'd be awesome to get together with all the for members in the area that aren't going to CM, either the weekend before or after!

Though I imagine it'd be smaller this time, without people flying in, it'd still be great to see all the locals (and maybe give all of you a chance to get together again?). 

Absolutely, seems like we get together in Seattle once every month or two anyway, so I think that we can plan ahead to do another get together in three months to meet you and some of the CMers. Personally I'm already booked the weekend before Memorial day so I would put in a vote for the weekend after -- June 2/3/4 -- but there are many of us here and I'm sure you'll get a strong showing whichever weekend it works out best.

andy85

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2017, 05:49:35 AM »

I was also thinking about heading out that way in early June...

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2017, 07:42:25 AM »
For some reason I decided to stay an extra day in Seattle.  I am looking out the window of the hostel to see it snowing.  As ihuddle over my coffee cup I'm telling myself that I'll be back in the land of sun and warmth by tonight.

Come back in May?  Perhaps.

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2017, 09:30:02 AM »
SisterX gets my vote as badass mustacian of the weekend for cheerfully pedalling off into Seattle rush our traffic as the rest of us watched on awe.  Having the cutest Demon in tow the other times cinched her high standing.  I'm glad there are people like her raising the next generation.

Haha, thanks. I felt rather silly biking away because I saw my bus and thought, "Oh shit, there it goes!" so I just...left. I didn't even really say goodbye. (Yes, I caught the bus at the next stop, about four blocks away. So glad 2nd Ave is a downhill!) Then again, I hate saying goodbye and the entire weekend sort of felt like just a series of meetings, so saying goodbye before the very end was a little silly too.

I'm so impressed that the DC behaved so well, and glad that I had my brother there to confirm that, yes, you caught her on a good week and oh boy can she be a handful. :) Yesterday she kept telling us that she was "sweepy", but then refused to sleep. Gah.

For arebelspy's suggestion, I think I could make that work whichever weekend is chosen. Hopefully it won't snow then the way it is now. :)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2017, 09:37:47 AM »
Three things I learned from Sister X

1) I wish (well almost) I had met Demon Child..:
2) Single Brother/ baby sitter/ hardcore worldwide cycling dude
3) Smut Smut.. I am still fondly chuckling to myself over that one..:)

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2017, 09:39:52 AM »
Yeah, you all rock. I was happy to spend the weekend with you. :)

Even the one called "demon child" was nothing short of 100% adorable. Truth.

Yes to this.

I was somewhat aghast at the "demon child" moniker as I made note of the outrageous cuteness and what I perceived as outstanding behaviour in various public settings. Sailor Sam, after one of my repeated declarations of wonder in regards to the DC, asked me if my "ovaries were twitching". I think they were. Yet another of the long litany of takeaways from this Meetup.

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2017, 10:09:50 AM »
Three things I learned from Sister X

1) I wish (well almost) I had met Demon Child..:
2) Single Brother/ baby sitter/ hardcore worldwide cycling dude
3) Smut Smut.. I am still fondly chuckling to myself over that one..:)

Glad I could entertain you with tales of writing, and what smut is vs. what smut-smut is. :)

I was somewhat aghast at the "demon child" moniker as I made note of the outrageous cuteness and what I perceived as outstanding behaviour in various public settings. Sailor Sam, after one of my repeated declarations of wonder in regards to the DC, asked me if my "ovaries were twitching". I think they were. Yet another of the long litany of takeaways from this Meetup.

You would have understood the moniker a bit more if you'd been at my house from about 3-5 am today when she was keeping me awake for basically no reason.

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2017, 11:22:11 AM »
Absolutely, seems like we get together in Seattle once every month or two anyway, so I think that we can plan ahead to do another get together in three months to meet you and some of the CMers. Personally I'm already booked the weekend before Memorial day so I would put in a vote for the weekend after -- June 2/3/4 -- but there are many of us here and I'm sure you'll get a strong showing whichever weekend it works out best.

I'd love an early June meetup (I couldn't make May, though). It would be great to see you, A and A again, ARS.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2017, 11:24:27 AM »
Ars, one of these days we are bound to meet...

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
You would have understood the moniker a bit more if you'd been at my house from about 3-5 am today when she was keeping me awake for basically no reason.

Fair enough. I was just going on what I witnessed with my own bespectacled eyes. :)

You did also reference something that occurred in the washroom adjacent to the Columbia Tower Starbucks. But again, DC appears determined to keep these moments from the eyes of the public.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #272 on: February 27, 2017, 11:58:02 AM »

I'd love an early June meetup (I couldn't make May, though). It would be great to see you, A and A again, ARS.

Cool!  I didn't realize you'd be back by then!  It's be great to see you too, A!

That's a lot of As.

So that's two for early June.

I know!  We were only one degree of separation after we had both had lunch with spoonman and spoongirl, now we have even more acquaintances in common!

I'm surprised you went, as I thought you didn't travel much (besides NY trip with DD) and you were being more anonymous overall, but I'm glad to see you spreading your Mustachian wings.  Gives me further hope we'll hang out one day! :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2017, 12:02:17 PM »
Hanging out with Chippewa is pretty great, I can attest.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2017, 12:07:36 PM »

I know!  We were only one degree of separation after we had both had lunch with spoonman and spoongirl, now we have even more acquaintances in common!

I'm surprised you went, as I thought you didn't travel much (besides NY trip with DD) and you were being more anonymous overall, but I'm glad to see you spreading your Mustachian wings.  Gives me further hope we'll hang out one day! :)

NY was TNT. ;-) but I don't travel much (anxious on plane). However, if the plane rides were always as smooth as the one coming home I would be good! Every little bump I kept hearing flyingkea and EFB in my mind telling me its normal.

Hanging out with Chippewa is pretty great, I can attest.

Aw, thank you Freckles! You are great to hang out with as well. Me, I am just a bad influence in the bars. Thank you for setting boundaries. ;-)

familyFIguy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #275 on: February 28, 2017, 09:24:25 AM »
Hey Everyone!
It was great to meet some of you last week at Starbucks -- My first time meeting fellow mustachians!

Some people asked for a link to our new company www.churchstreetchocolate.com  <- There it is!!

Anyway, all the best to you all! I hope that the rest of the weekend was lovely!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2017, 02:13:47 AM »
NY was TNT. ;-)

Haha, whoops, I knew that!  Sorry!  :)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2017, 09:47:49 AM »
OK you all guilted me into blowing a few hundred $$$.. I'm going to CMC... So there..:)

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2017, 09:57:51 AM »
Hey Everyone!
It was great to meet some of you last week at Starbucks -- My first time meeting fellow mustachians!

Some people asked for a link to our new company www.churchstreetchocolate.com  <- There it is!!

Anyway, all the best to you all! I hope that the rest of the weekend was lovely!

crredding it was great meeting you too! Thanks for the link and best to your family's new business!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2017, 01:11:45 PM »
OK you all guilted me into blowing a few hundred $$$.. I'm going to CMC... So there..:)
Boo yah!

Jessa

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »

YES!!!

monstermonster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2017, 03:09:28 PM »
YEa!