Author Topic: Arvada, Colorado  (Read 1830 times)

aperture

• Bristles
Arvada, Colorado
« on: February 18, 2017, 02:46:01 PM »
Hey Mustachians, we would love to meet anyone that lives in or around Arvada (zip code 80004).  This is a bit specific, but we are interested in building local community.  If you live 20+ minutes away by car, we would probably travel to see you on a special occasion (e.g. meet up), but once that is done, it would be hard to establish community.  So if you live in biking distance of my zip code, we would love to meet for coffee or a hike.

US: We are a family of four with two young teens and two ugly dogs.  We have a back yard view of Pike's Peak and routinely serve up dinner for six to twenty. We are more than 1/2 way to FI/RE and would love to meet anyone else on whatever stage of the journey.  Best wishes, Aperture.

michaelr575

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »
Hi there, not in Arvada yet, but will be moving near there by April 2nd.  I will be working at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan airport as an air traffic controller.  Trying to find good places to live on the cheap is proving to be no easy task, unless you bought a few years ago!  I think we are looking towards Westminster/Federal Heights/Broomfield area, so we will be right around the corner if we end up there.  Perhaps we can get together sometime after our move.  It is my wife and I and our 2 year old daughter.

aperture

• Bristles
Re: Arvada, Colorado
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »
Hi there, not in Arvada yet, but will be moving near there by April 2nd.  I will be working at the Rocky Mountain Metropolitan airport as an air traffic controller.  Trying to find good places to live on the cheap is proving to be no easy task, unless you bought a few years ago!  I think we are looking towards Westminster/Federal Heights/Broomfield area, so we will be right around the corner if we end up there.  Perhaps we can get together sometime after our move.  It is my wife and I and our 2 year old daughter.

Congrats on the new job. I sent a PM with my email. We would be pleased to get together.  Let us know if you need some baby sitting when you come house shopping, etc. We know what it is like to move to a new place without many friends/family. -Ap