Author Topic: Seattle area meet up  (Read 401737 times)

BigMoneyJim

• Bristles
    • Jim's Personal Finance Blog
Re: Seattle area meet up
« Reply #750 on: September 15, 2017, 09:32:41 PM »
Wow, time flies. But I drove. I'm in town, and I'll show up.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #751 on: September 16, 2017, 10:41:14 AM »
I wish I could make it! Instead I will be at my desk working on a Saturday, which is a poor substitute, indeed.

BigMoneyJim

• Bristles
    • Jim's Personal Finance Blog
« Reply #752 on: September 16, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »
Well, I got caught out late on the wrong side of the sound. I might not make it.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #753 on: September 16, 2017, 06:21:57 PM »
I'll try to show up for a bit toward the beginning, but at some point I'll have to run off to a friend's kid's first birthday party.

Oh man, I didn't realize this was you!  We really should have said screen names, too.  On my drive home I was like "Oh, Paul.d.k. was supposed to show up, guess he couldn't make it......wait. He probably was there, but with a different name than Paul!"  :P

Nice meeting you. :D

Leif is the smart one with the matching screenname.

Anyone have a link to the FB group? (PM if you don't want to post because you are a member.)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
« Reply #754 on: September 17, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »
I'll try to show up for a bit toward the beginning, but at some point I'll have to run off to a friend's kid's first birthday party.

Oh man, I didn't realize this was you!  We really should have said screen names, too.  On my drive home I was like "Oh, Paul.d.k. was supposed to show up, guess he couldn't make it......wait. He probably was there, but with a different name than Paul!"  :P

Indeed, Paul was there too. He was the guy in the lawn chair.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:49:36 AM by seattlecyclone »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #755 on: September 17, 2017, 09:57:04 AM »
Indeed, Paul was there too. He was the guy in the lawn chair.

I thought PDK was British. Did I just miss an accent somehow?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #756 on: September 17, 2017, 11:20:52 AM »
Maybe.

-Aaron

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #757 on: October 27, 2017, 01:12:36 PM »
It's been a while since we met up last, let's do it again!

I propose next Saturday (Nov. 4th) and I'm taking a vote as to where we meet up (cross posted on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1051424764875648).

Current options:
  • North! Green Lake Park
  • South! Genesee Park
  • Top of lake Washington! Lake Forest Park Third Place Books
  • In the city! Chuck's Hop shop (2001 E Union St)

If you've voted on facebook, try not to vote here.

I'll let the poll run overnight and tally the results tomorrow.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #758 on: October 29, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
The green lake park option won by a wide margin, so let's meet there!

Saturday, November 4th @ Green Lake Park, 1-4pm

If the weather sucks we'll take it inside to the Green Lake community center, otherwise we'll meet outside. Hope to see some of you there!

rhrgrt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • I eat spiders.
« Reply #759 on: October 31, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »
I do not use Facebook so I can't comment there, but I like the sound of Saturday the 4th, 1 pm at Green Lake park. Is there any other info I'm missing from the FB group post?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #760 on: October 31, 2017, 09:01:05 PM »
I do not use Facebook so I can't comment there, but I like the sound of Saturday the 4th, 1 pm at Green Lake park. Is there any other info I'm missing from the FB group post?

Doesn't look like it. Read the post directly above yours. :)

Half Stached

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #761 on: October 31, 2017, 09:52:53 PM »
Wow - the meet-up is just a couple of blocks from our condo. I haven't been to one of these before, but I look forward to meeting all of you!

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #762 on: November 01, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
If you get to Green Lake and can't find us on Saturday, feel free to give me a text or call at (252) five-four-8 : six-two-six-five

lessismorekevin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #763 on: November 02, 2017, 07:34:26 PM »
Excellent idea, thanks!  See you on Saturday.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #764 on: November 04, 2017, 01:37:33 PM »
Let's meet inside the community center, it's cold enough outside to be unpleasant.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #765 on: November 04, 2017, 03:02:34 PM »
We've relocated because the center was closed - if you're trying to find us give  a text or call at 252 548 6265. It's only a few blocks away

[edit] spelling
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:03:10 PM by GreenShirt »

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #766 on: November 08, 2017, 11:02:21 PM »
I propose another meet up

When!? Saturday, December 9th, 1-4pm
Where!? 3929 Stone Way N, Seattle (it's in Wallingford/Fremont)

One of the members was kind enough to let us use her office/house (depending on size) for the meetup.

If you use facebook, https://www.facebook.com/events/534068403596037/ is the event page. If anything changes (like when or where) I'll post the update here as well.

APowers

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #767 on: November 18, 2017, 04:18:54 PM »
I don't really know where else to post this so that the right people will find it...but I figure here is a good place to find Seattle/Tacoma peoples. Please redirect me, if there's a better place to post this.

My sister's wedding is in June 2018, and I'm looking for lodging for out-of-state family (myself included). We're thinking it'd be WAY more fun to share a real house than to individually stay at motels. We're a pretty awesome, laid-back group-- I promise no rowdy parties, though we might have a couple intense board games, lol.

If anyone has a 4+bedroom/3+ bathroom house that they'd be willing to rent for a long weekend (friday afternoon through tuesday morning-- 4 nights), we'd be willing pay $200/night, and dust/vacuum/clean the house before we leave.

rhrgrt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • I eat spiders.
« Reply #768 on: December 05, 2017, 10:00:11 PM »

One of the members was kind enough to let us use her office/house (depending on size) for the meetup.

If you use facebook, https://www.facebook.com/events/534068403596037/ is the event page. If anything changes (like when or where) I'll post the update here as well.

I like sound of this. I'll be there!

Thanks for putting another one together.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #769 on: December 08, 2017, 01:37:55 PM »

I like sound of this. I'll be there!

Thanks for putting another one together.
Not a problem! Hope to see you all there!

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #770 on: December 10, 2017, 01:54:04 PM »
Thanks to everyone who showed up yesterday!

Michele is offering to host again tentatively in early February - the details are still being worked out but I'll update you when we have more solid dates.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #771 on: December 10, 2017, 02:41:05 PM »
We'll be in town visiting family for Christmas through just after New Years.

Anyone want to get together in the week between these events?  (Likely indoors at a restaurant, due to weather.)

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #772 on: December 10, 2017, 08:08:32 PM »
I wasn't able to make Saturday's meetup, but would definitely be up for an end of year get-together.

IIRC, last time we went to Belltown pizza, which I thought was pretty good. Chucks in the central district is also a popular MMM site (although it's a bar, so it'd be a no go for Annabelle -- and I assume Ali can't drink).

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #773 on: December 10, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »
I wasn't able to make Saturday's meetup, but would definitely be up for an end of year get-together.

IIRC, last time we went to Belltown pizza, which I thought was pretty good. Chucks in the central district is also a popular MMM site (although it's a bar, so it'd be a no go for Annabelle -- and I assume Ali can't drink).

Sweet!

I'm thinking we'll leave Annabelle with the grandparents (my parents), so bar would be okay (though I don't drink, and Ali is pregnant, doesn't really matter).

What about a Meetup more on the North end, near @lhamo and @FIFoFum ?

3rd Place Books in Lake Forest Park or something?

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
    • Captain's Log - Mission to Puppy Waystation on Puppy Island
« Reply #774 on: December 10, 2017, 08:56:08 PM »
3rd Place Books in Lake Forest Park or something?

I really like Third Place Books because there is tons of seating & no obligation to buy food/drinks (though there is food for people who want it).

I'm also biased because it's close to where I live. :)

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #775 on: December 10, 2017, 09:23:29 PM »
TPB sounds good to me!

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #776 on: December 11, 2017, 12:54:41 AM »
I'm up for something too, Third Place Books works as well as any for me.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #777 on: December 11, 2017, 06:50:42 AM »
Great!  TPB it is!

How about Saturday, January 30th at noon?

(I am literally just throwing something out there, and pretty much any date/time works for us, so if that doesn't work for you, or if a weekday evening is better or whatever, speak up! :) )

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #778 on: December 11, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »
Great!  TPB it is!

How about Saturday, January 30th at noon?

(I am literally just throwing something out there, and pretty much any date/time works for us, so if that doesn't work for you, or if a weekday evening is better or whatever, speak up! :) )
You must have meant December 30th, since January 30th isn't between Christmas and New Years :)

I've got the whole week off so any day works for me, but Mrs. GreenShirt works on the 30th. The 28th or 29th (Thursday/Friday) are her days off - could we do one of those days instead?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #779 on: December 11, 2017, 05:53:04 PM »
I did mean that, thanks!

Either of those work for me.

@FIFoFum @lhamo @FiveSigmas  or anyone else? :)

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #780 on: December 11, 2017, 07:01:39 PM »
Any of those three dates works for me, as long as it's an afternoon/evening meetup.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #781 on: December 13, 2017, 10:57:20 AM »
Barring something from @FIFoFum, how about Friday the 29th at 3pm? @FiveSigmas Is that afternoon/evening enough?

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #782 on: December 13, 2017, 11:14:48 AM »
I can do either Dec 29 or Dec 30.

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #783 on: December 13, 2017, 11:18:11 AM »
Friday, Dec. 29 @ 3 P.M. at TPB works for me.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #784 on: December 13, 2017, 05:28:50 PM »
Friday, Dec. 29 @ 3 P.M. at TPB works for me.

Us too!

Make it so!

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #785 on: December 14, 2017, 11:47:46 AM »
Is doing it on a saturday or a little later on friday not a possibility for those of us that work?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #786 on: December 15, 2017, 01:51:39 AM »
Is doing it on a saturday or a little later on friday not a possibility for those of us that work?

That Saturday didn't work for GS, but later Fri could certainly work. Can you propose a time that works for you?

meatgrinder

• Stubble
« Reply #787 on: December 17, 2017, 11:22:14 PM »
The office will be dead that day so I should be able to make it anytime on Friday.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2017, 07:54:08 PM »

That Saturday didn't work for GS, but later Fri could certainly work. Can you propose a time that works for you?

Even moving to 4pm will make it more doable.  I can sneak out early.   

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #789 on: December 18, 2017, 10:44:00 PM »
4 works for me.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #790 on: December 19, 2017, 11:05:47 AM »
ditto

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #791 on: December 19, 2017, 04:32:27 PM »
That would be really awesome.  I can sneak out anytime after 3 so 4 is much better.  I've skipped the last few since I've been traveling alot.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #792 on: December 19, 2017, 05:50:31 PM »
Cool!

EDIT: Changed time from 4 to 3 below. We will be there at 3pm (and still there at 4). See next post. /END EDIT.

Date: Friday, Dec. 29
Time: Starting at 3 P.M. (likely for 3-4 hours).
Location: Third Place Books, 17171 Bothell Way NE, Seattle, WA 98155

See you all then!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 06:15:37 PM by arebelspy »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #793 on: December 19, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
So I originally posted yay, great for 4pm in the above post.

But I just realized we'll run into time issues with dinner (e.g. we'll want to head out by 6 so we can get somewhere, or back home, and eat by 7)... if we start at 4, we'll only have 2 hours. The last meetup I was at in September, we easily spoke for 4+ hours.

So I decided, why not just set it to 3pm-6pm+? Anyone who can make it at 3, great. If you can make it at 4, or 5, or whatever, cool.

We'll be there at 3. And still there at 4, and at least through six.

Hope to see everyone who can make it any time in there!  :D

JumboShrimp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #794 on: December 27, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »
I plan on attending, can get there around 4.

Looking forward to meeting fellow Mustachians!

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #795 on: December 27, 2017, 09:24:20 PM »
I'm planning to be there at 3 as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #796 on: December 29, 2017, 09:04:25 PM »
Thanks again, arebelspy, for suggesting. It was fun meeting and talking with everyone again!

meatgrinder

• Stubble
« Reply #797 on: December 29, 2017, 09:59:03 PM »
I came down with something nasty and didn't want to infect you guys.  Glad it was a good time.  I plan on attending the next!

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #798 on: December 29, 2017, 11:13:42 PM »
Thanks again, arebelspy, for suggesting. It was fun meeting and talking with everyone again!

Yeah, it was a nice turnout. Look forward to meeting you next time, meat.

GreenShirt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #799 on: January 07, 2018, 12:32:25 AM »
Thanks to everyone who showed up yesterday!

Michele is offering to host again tentatively in early February - the details are still being worked out but I'll update you when we have more solid dates.
I've got a solid date, let's meet again!

When?
Saturday, February 10th from 1-4pm

Where?
CRD Design Build (3929 Stone Way N, Seattle)

I've cross-posted this event on the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2099109973653890/

See you all then!