Author Topic: Seattle area meet up  (Read 401179 times)

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Seattle area meet up idea
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2015, 01:25:50 PM »
I'd love to attend but I'll be on the Hudson Bay looking at Beluga whales!   I'll try to watch for future events.

crazycatlady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
My husband and I would like to attend.  Thanks for organizing this.  I'll plan to bring a side dish.

Hunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FI.
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »
I'd love to attend but I'll be on the Hudson Bay looking at Beluga whales!   I'll try to watch for future events.

JoJo - that sounds awesome.  Send me a photo when you get back!

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »
My family and I will try to be there.  Thanks for organizing Hunter!

Grid

• Bristles
  • I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2015, 08:47:07 PM »
Does anyone know an inexpensive place to get a vehicle weighed in Seattle?  I need new plates.  I'd also like to know what a reasonable price is for car weighings if anyone knows that off the top of their head...

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2015, 09:05:39 PM »
Does anyone know an inexpensive place to get a vehicle weighed in Seattle?  I need new plates.  I'd also like to know what a reasonable price is for car weighings if anyone knows that off the top of their head...

http://www.publicscaleslocator.com/

cheddarpie

• Stubble
« Reply #206 on: August 14, 2015, 12:02:19 PM »
I'd love to be a part of the Seattle meetup groups -- Hunter, I PMed you! Replying here to follow this thread ...

Thanks!

OSUmountaineer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #207 on: August 19, 2015, 12:44:44 PM »
My girlfriend and I would like to host a MMM pot-luck style gathering at our house on Alaska Junction in West Seattle on a weekend towards the middle/end of September. Would folks be interested?

We have a big yard, deck, bbq... Lots of room for yard games, food eating, story telling, and beer drinking (hopefully) before the rain returns.

JoJo

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #208 on: August 19, 2015, 02:42:53 PM »
I may be interested, but likely out of town the weekend of the 19th.

SeattleStache

• Stubble
« Reply #209 on: August 19, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »
My girlfriend and I would like to host a MMM pot-luck style gathering at our house on Alaska Junction in West Seattle on a weekend towards the middle/end of September. Would folks be interested?

We have a big yard, deck, bbq... Lots of room for yard games, food eating, story telling, and beer drinking (hopefully) before the rain returns.

That sounds great! I'd be able to join if it is closer to the end of the month. Thanks for offering to host!

PowerMustache

• Stubble
« Reply #210 on: August 19, 2015, 04:10:35 PM »
I love these meetup ideas, both Juanita Park and West Seattle. This fall is crazy busy for me and probably won't be able to make it to any meetups until after October, but am definitely interested for the future!

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #211 on: August 19, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »
DH and I are always down for a meetup! We have plans Sept 26th but are free (at this point) other than that.

Lisapants

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2015, 11:30:36 PM »
Count me in for the August picnic and September one as well.

freeatlast

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2015, 01:22:24 AM »
I would like to attend the West Seattle meeting - I can't make the earlier meeting. Thanks!!!!

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2015, 09:15:51 AM »
I didn't even see the 8/29 meetup post. Oops. DH and I may be in town, not sure though. 8/30 is our anniversary so we might go gallavanting off somewhere. ;)

OSUmountaineer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2015, 10:47:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies, all.

The West Seattle meetup will likely be the weekend of Sept 12 or Sept 19. If you are interested, please reply with which of those days would be best.

Thanks!
Craig

cheddarpie

• Stubble
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2015, 04:18:57 PM »
What a great idea! I'd love to attend. I have a pending commitment (visit to MIL) that hasn't been confirmed yet but will be either the 12th or 19th -- don't schedule around me since I'm not sure when we'll confirm plans, but I'll come if I'm town!

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2015, 12:00:29 PM »
MMM MEETUP/POTLUCK NEAR SEATTLE ON SATURDAY AUGUST 29TH 2015 AT JUANITA BEACH PARK, KIRKLAND, WA.  4pm-7pm

I've been meaning to schedule a MMM meetup near Seattle for a long time, but only recently became FI and now finally have the time.  I'd love to meet some more Mustachians in the Seattle area.  We're doing a Potluck at Juanita Beach, in Kirkland WA on 8/29/15.

Here is the park website:
http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/parks/Parks_and_Open_Spaces/Online_Parks_Guide/Parks_Pop-up_Main/Parks_and_Community_Services__Juanita_Beach_Park.htm

There is a playground for kids, a beach, volleyball, and shady areas.  Just volunteer to bring a main dish or side dish and post it here.  (This crowd is geared toward the healthier side of the food spectrum, but not snobby about it.)  It doesn’t need to be anything fancy.  I'll bring some form of delicious main dish.   

We'll try to get a couple of picnic tables--usually we're able to.  I'll bring a folding table just in case.  Feel free to bring a folding chair or blanket.  Look for the sign with a mustache on it to locate the group.

This is a low-key, informal get-together.  Everyone is super-nonjudgmental and welcoming, so introverts don't fret and come on out!  A few people will probably share their successes, challenges, and tips in their Mustachian journeys.  And we'll hang out and have some good food.  When you get nice, smart people together, it’s just good.  People find ways to help each other.     

CARPOOLING:  I'll be driving from Bothell and could give someone a ride.  If you want to carpool, post here and someone in your area will probably be able to help you out.

There will be singles, couples, and families there, so if you have kids, feel free to bring them.

Please RSVP by posting here and/or sending me an email.  Any suggestions are welcome.  See you all there!

My husband and I are planning to come! It's possible he might have to work but I'll be there at least. Not sure yet what I'll bring for food. Probably something easy like egg salad sandwiches.

The West Seattle meetup will likely be the weekend of Sept 12 or Sept 19. If you are interested, please reply with which of those days would be best.

I think the 12th would work better for us.

Lisapants

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2015, 10:42:30 PM »
Is there a rain plan for Saturday?

Hunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FI.
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
The Potluck for Saturday 8/29 is still on.  If it rains, we'll move it to my house, located at Thrasher's Corner, Bothell, WA.  I'll post by 12N on Saturday to confirm the location and provide directions. 

Right now, there are 9-14 people attending.

If you want to be notified automatically by email about updates to the MMM Seattle thread, make sure you hit "notify" at the top or bottom of this page, if you haven't already.

See you guys Saturday. 

Lisapants

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2015, 02:57:51 PM »
Thanks for the update and the home offer Hunter. I'm in with a dessert and a side dish, a total of 3 attending.

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »
We will bring a garden salad and dressing.  Also, I'll pick up some plastic silverware and paper plates, and napkins. 

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2015, 12:45:42 PM »
I am helping with a bike event (http://www.womencx.com/) just up the hill at St Eds Park on Saturday, so I'm not sure if I will be able to make it depending on if I need to stay after to help with take down. I hope to be able to make it, though.

If any of you like cyclocross, it is a pretty fun event and could be a fun add-on before the meetup for those that are into such things. There's a beer garden in addition to the racing.   

Hunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FI.
« Reply #223 on: August 29, 2015, 12:58:29 PM »
POTLUCK UPDATE FOR TODAY - SATURDAY 8/29

It looks like rain all day, so we'll move it to my place.  I'm going to push the start time back to 5pm.  So it will run 5pm-7pm, approximately. 

The address is: 21109 25th Drive Southeast, Bothell, WA.  This is not the exact address of my house but gets you very close.  Just drive to that address and then go a little further until you see the Mustache sign and balloon.  It is very easy to find. 

Swing on by and meet people.  Stay as short or long as you want.  Send me an email if you have any questions.  Looking forward to seeing everyone!

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #224 on: August 29, 2015, 01:05:58 PM »
I think that's a good idea.  It sure is refreshing to have some rain, but too bad it interfered with our picnic plans.  Since we are practically neighbors, we will still be able to make it.  Thanks for hosting!

Waterlover

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #225 on: August 29, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »
I'd like to come. Can't wait to meet everyone. Thanks for making arrangements

Hunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FI.
« Reply #226 on: August 29, 2015, 06:21:29 PM »
For the potluck today, there is an issue getting there due to some down power lines. If you're trying to get there give me a call at 571-222-581 three Thanks

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2015, 01:21:22 AM »
Oh geez...I totally forgot about this. Our power was out all day and it just completely slipped my mind. Embarrassing. Hope y'all had fun though despite the weather!

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2015, 11:18:45 AM »
Thanks for hosting Hunter. It was great meeting and having good conversation with everyone.

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »
Wow!  Thanks for hosting (even in the dark).  It was fun and the most memorable meet up we have been to. 

Hunter

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FI.
« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2015, 03:51:47 PM »
It was great to meet everyone!  Thanks for conquering the wind, downed trees, live electrical wires, gangs of marauders, and wild dogs to attend.  Each person was a fine example of Mustachian Badassity.  I hope to see you all at another meetup again soon and if I can do anything for you, drop me a line. 

Celticmyst08, no worries.  We'll cross paths one of these days.  We managed to have an OK time despite all of us being a little dismayed that we didn't have a medieval European Celtic demographic to round out the group.   

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #231 on: August 30, 2015, 05:31:26 PM »
I'm sorry to have missed all the fun. I'd love to make the one in September, though.

OSU, FWIW the 19th would work better for me.

OSUmountaineer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2015, 09:17:59 PM »
Hey all,
 We will shoot for September 19th in West Seattle from 1:00-5:00ish (have somewhere to be later in the evening).

Feel free to come a little bit earlier too if you want. We have a grill and a big deck/back yard, so hopefully the weather cooperate and we can hang outside.

This will be potluck style, so bring your favorite dish or snack to share.

So I can get a head count, let me know if you'll make it by replying here. Also post what you're planning to bring so we don't get 13 bags of chips.

Thanks!
Craig

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #233 on: September 02, 2015, 11:15:18 PM »
Great! Put me down on the list. I'll plan on preparing a desert of some kind.

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #234 on: September 03, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »
I'm making a calendar reminder so I don't forget this one! DH and I will be coming. I'll bring some type of sandwich/wrap.

Lisapants

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2015, 11:37:31 PM »
Count me in for Saturday. I will bring black bean and corn salad.

OSUmountaineer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »
Hey guys,
 I really hate to do this but we are going to have to postpone the meetup for this Saturday the 19th.  I came down with the flu, and beyond feeling terrible I just don't want to expose anyone else to this.

My plan is to reschedule for sometime in early to mid October.

Really sorry again.

Craig

crazycatlady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2015, 07:38:59 PM »
Sorry you got the flu. Definitely not something to share. Rest up, get some fluids and I hope you feel better soon. :)

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2015, 11:03:35 PM »
Sorry you got the flu. Definitely not something to share. Rest up, get some fluids and I hope you feel better soon. :)

What the crazy cat lady said. Get well soon!

celticmyst08

• Bristles
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2015, 10:07:56 AM »
No worries! I definitely am not keen on getting the flu, so I support your decision. ;)

Skinnyneo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Tsumashiku Kurashii - Living Frugally in Japan
« Reply #240 on: September 23, 2015, 09:14:16 AM »
Hey guys,
 I really hate to do this but we are going to have to postpone the meetup for this Saturday the 19th.  I came down with the flu, and beyond feeling terrible I just don't want to expose anyone else to this.

My plan is to reschedule for sometime in early to mid October.

Really sorry again.

Craig

I'm just learning about this meetup now.  If you're still shooting for October, I could do the 17th/18th either day.  Just some input.

ceeteebee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2015, 10:19:49 PM »
Hey all! I just found this, and my wife and I would love to join in the next meet up, if we can. I've been a long-time lurker on the blog, but just finally got around to joining the forums when I saw this thread. We just recently moved out to Seattle, and would definitely welcome the chance to meet some of the local Mustachians!

-Craig

Ragriz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2015, 06:10:56 AM »
Hi Everyone! I'll be moving to the area next week with my wife and two children. We definitely want to meet some new people, and are particularly interested in meeting other Mustachians.

It looks like we'll be in Gig Harbor for a few weeks while some updates are made to our townhouse, then settling into Fremont. I won't start my new job until 10/26, so we will most likely be available if a meetup is happening before then. I'll also send a PM to Hunter about the e-mail list.

Grigory

• Stubble
  • (rhymes with "story")
    • my attempt at blogging
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2015, 08:50:42 PM »
Hi guys! I've just moved to Seattle a few weeks ago and I'd love to get to meet all of my fellow Mustachians. :) When is the October meetup? Would it be more efficient to put together a meetup.com group?

cashstasherat23

• Stubble
« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2015, 01:31:19 PM »
Hi Seattle Mustachians! I'll be in area this week coming up for a job interview, and poking around looking for apartments for a few days. If anyone is around, would love to get together and meet a few people, and pick your brains about Seattle living!

Ragriz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #245 on: October 19, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »
It looks like the October meetup fell through, or maybe it just didn't get announced here. Maybe we should plan something for late November? (I'll be in the city by then.)

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2015, 01:03:19 AM »
A bit of a shame that there's no meet scheduled,  I'm in the area until the 23rd.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

brandonbrews

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »
I've been following MMM for a couple months but am new to the forum.  Any of the old-timers want to put together a November meetup?  Or do people get burnt out re-hashing the same concepts?  Regardless, I'd be interested in meeting some fellow mustachians. 

Ragriz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #248 on: November 04, 2015, 01:38:21 PM »
I would be interested to meet sometime after 11/20. Due to my work schedule, I'm only really available on the weekends.

Do you have kids? I have two small ones, so a kid-friendly meetup would be best for my family.

dilinger

• Bristles
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2015, 12:34:25 AM »
So this image is making the rounds on twitter, and I immediately thought - Mustache meetup!

https://twitter.com/KnuteBerger/status/661320945026535424

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!