Author Topic: Rochester, NY  (Read 7789 times)

ginklord

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Rochester, NY
« on: June 26, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
Are there any Mustachians in the greater Rochester, NY area?

My wife and I started our financial revolution a few years ago after reading "My Total Money Makeover" on our honeymoon. Since then, we've "graduated" to become budding mustachians, and I'm hoping we could hook up with like-minded people in our city.

It's summertime, so a low key get together in a local park could be fun.

ginklord

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Rochester, NY
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:49:12 PM »
I just created a Facebook group called "Rochester Mustachians". If you're in Rochester, jump in! I'll try to organize a get together at a park.

If I don't see many response, I suppose we better start getting the word out! :-)

- Matthew

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 04:29:52 PM »
I'm in buffalo but I'd drive to Rochester for a meet up!  Can families come?   And where is the Facebook group?

ginklord

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 11:37:18 AM »
It will totally be family friendly - my wife and I have two little ones of our own.

I created a facebook group called "Rochester Mustachians" and tagged it with "Financial Freedom", "Money", and "Rochester, New York".

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 06:45:47 AM »
It will totally be family friendly - my wife and I have two little ones of our own.

I created a facebook group called "Rochester Mustachians" and tagged it with "Financial Freedom", "Money", and "Rochester, New York".
I don't know if facebook just hates me, but I have tried searching for this multiple times on multiple OSes and can't find the bloody thing.

ginklord

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 12:08:57 PM »
I'm not sure why this doesn't work - I must be missing something. I'll try making it public and see if that makes a difference.

I also checked out Meetup, but it's more than $10 / month! No thanks.

ginklord

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 12:10:54 PM »
Ah - public won't work. I can invite by email though - can you PM your email address?

ADK_Junkie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 10:49:51 AM »
Hi Ginklord,
  I'm in Rochester (technically Churchville).  Can't find the facebook group.  I've been reading MMM for the last 4-6 months, working (very) slowly on bringing the wife on board.
-Nathan

ginklord

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 08:06:28 AM »
We're in Chili, just off of Marshall.

I can't seem to find a way to configure the group to appear publically without opening up all of it's posts to the public, so I'll have to invite via email.

PM your email address and I'll invite you. Welcome aboard!

- Matthew

Uņa

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 11:51:43 AM »
Hiya~~is there now an active Rochester group? Thanks!

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2014, 12:03:59 PM »
There are a few of us, but so far no meet-up.

ginklord

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 07:35:35 AM »
Hi!

Yes, there's a group using Facebook to communicate right now. We've considered a meetup, but schedules haven't lined up well enough to kick one off yet.

You're welcome to join the group on Facebook though - just search for Rochester Mustachians.

- Matthew

AK

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 06:35:04 AM »
Hi guys. I'm also in Rochester. PMing ginklord my email too so he can invite me on Facebook since I can't find it either. I'd love to have a meet-up.

L

Jdslepp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 05:57:04 PM »
I'm in Ithaca, but I'm doing the same.  I would be wiling to come see Rochester!

Reddleman

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2015, 03:05:01 PM »
We're close and spend quite a bit of time in Rochester.  We would definitely like to be involved!  PM to send me a link to the FB or other group.

Maccountant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2018, 08:09:51 PM »
Did the Rochester area mustachians end up getting together?

I am in the area and would like to connect with others, interested to see who else is other there in the Rochester New York vicinity.

Thanks

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 06:25:28 PM »
Did the Rochester area mustachians end up getting together?

I am in the area and would like to connect with others, interested to see who else is other there in the Rochester New York vicinity.

Thanks
We did a few meet-ups (I ended moving to Rochester).  The OP (and his wife) are awesome.  Nothing was done consistently though.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 07:04:53 AM »
Hey Rochester folks, our family is planning a weekend getaway to visit the Strong Museum. If anyone wants to get together for dinner on Sat... or can suggest a cheap-n-delicious place downtown, let us know!

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 09:11:19 AM »
Hey Rochester folks, our family is planning a weekend getaway to visit the Strong Museum. If anyone wants to get together for dinner on Sat... or can suggest a cheap-n-delicious place downtown, let us know!
Pretty much any hole in the wall pizza place is good. 

svosavvy

• Stubble
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 05:55:41 AM »
If you are eating in Rochester you must do the Thali of India lunch buffet.  I think it is 10 bucks weekdays, totally worth it.  They close at 3pm sharp though so make sure you leave yourself at least an hour to gorge yourself.  There are a few Indian places around here, this one is the best by a mile imo and it is punjab food so it is really approachable for people that have told themselves they don't like Indian food.  Usually jam packed from noon-1pm as they are right down the street from many offices including the Harris communications building.  1pm-2:30pm pure bliss. Corner of Winton and Jefferson in the "Win-Jeff" plaza next to the army recruiter.  I live about an hour south of Rochester and am not against the idea of meeting others.  Pretty normal (for being frugal that is) family of 4 here.  I am not on the computer a lot, but, enjoy my time surfing on this site.  Have fun everyone.

The 585

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 02:58:10 PM »

Garbage plate (a local delicacy)! Dogtown hots used to be my favorite -- great little local spot on Monroe Ave. Plus they have good vegetarian options if you're into that.

The 585

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2021, 07:53:46 PM »
Just bumping this to see if anyone's around in Rochester. It's my hometown and I get back there pretty often to stay with family.

AK

• Stubble
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2021, 03:11:44 PM »
Yes. Been on the east side since 07.

svosavvy

• Stubble
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2021, 07:38:37 AM »
I find myself in Rochester once every week or two.  I just left my employer of 21 years (needed a break).  I am treating myself to most of the summer off before getting something else.  I'm not a fitness guru, but, I love leisurely riding my bike on the canal.