Author Topic: Riverside - San Bernardino, CA area?  (Read 1734 times)

Lunasol

• Bristles
Riverside - San Bernardino, CA area?
« on: March 09, 2022, 12:57:02 PM »
Hello all, I have been living in Riverside, CA since August and I kinda need to get out of the house and meet people, my husband is a teacher and gets to see people everyday but I work from home and the loneliness is getting to me.

anyone willing to get together and grab some coffee let me know :) any ladies who would want to go shopping we could organize something together!!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Riverside - San Bernardino, CA area?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:44:31 AM »
Hmmm, crickets so far. Sorry about that.

I grew up in Riverside and I joke it's a great place to be "from".

There are a couple of threads about making friends. It's not all that different pre- or post-FIRE. Here's one to get you started:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/post-fire/how-to-build-social-connection-in-fire/

By shopping, you mean frugal grocery shopping, riiight?

Story: After I discovered Winco, I arranged to meet a frugal friend there. She suggested we share a cart. I assured her she was going to want one of her very own. We both ended up with full carts, as I knew we would. After a time, we got into a rhythm of shopping together on Friday evenings after work. The Winco wasn't near my home, but it was on the way home from recurring business travel. One night we were shopping later than usual and noticed they were turning down the lights. Turns out they're open 24/7, so they stock in the evenings. Thereafter, we started shopping later at night and we called it our Friday Night Date, complete with mood lighting.

You also have Aldi there now, which I still don't have here, sigh.

Oh, and you have lots of 99 Cents Only Stores, which are the bomb.

Best of luck to you, lunasol!

Lunasol

• Bristles
Re: Riverside - San Bernardino, CA area?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 01:37:55 PM »
Hmmm, crickets so far. Sorry about that.

I grew up in Riverside and I joke it's a great place to be "from".

There are a couple of threads about making friends. It's not all that different pre- or post-FIRE. Here's one to get you started:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/post-fire/how-to-build-social-connection-in-fire/

By shopping, you mean frugal grocery shopping, riiight?

Story: After I discovered Winco, I arranged to meet a frugal friend there. She suggested we share a cart. I assured her she was going to want one of her very own. We both ended up with full carts, as I knew we would. After a time, we got into a rhythm of shopping together on Friday evenings after work. The Winco wasn't near my home, but it was on the way home from recurring business travel. One night we were shopping later than usual and noticed they were turning down the lights. Turns out they're open 24/7, so they stock in the evenings. Thereafter, we started shopping later at night and we called it our Friday Night Date, complete with mood lighting.

You also have Aldi there now, which I still don't have here, sigh.

Oh, and you have lots of 99 Cents Only Stores, which are the bomb.

Best of luck to you, lunasol!

lol hi, that's ok, doing things just keeps me occupied and I feel more in control of everything, anxiety also makes me want to do so many things at once. I am not feeling the need of making friends right now but will put a conscious effort into it in the future.