Author Topic: Orange County Meetup  (Read 185196 times)

flyfig

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Orange County Meetup
« Reply #400 on: March 24, 2016, 01:44:43 PM »
Yay!! Let's aim for April 23rd at 10:30am. Bring your own snacks. If I get up early enough, I'll make cinnamon rolls. =)

oldladystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #401 on: March 24, 2016, 03:52:18 PM »
Yay!! Let's aim for April 23rd at 10:30am. Bring your own snacks. If I get up early enough, I'll make cinnamon rolls. =)
But Almosthw can't get there until afternoon. Plenty of time for you to make cinnamon rolls. =)

NinjaSue (Yearofsue)

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #402 on: March 24, 2016, 09:17:14 PM »
Feel free to meet up w/o me if that works better for everyone else; I wouldn't be available and up in that area until probably around 1p.m. I wish I was though; cinnamon rolls sound great!   
To my knowledge, the Ladera Ranch yard sale happens only once per year, always at the end of April. I've gotten many great deals over the years - small furniture items, home decor, golf clubs, books, and clothes. There is a TON of kids stuff. Just like any yard sale, some folks practically give the stuff away while others overcharge.  ..the golf clubs I bought for $20. After I got home, I cleaned out the pockets and there was a $20 bill, a barely used glove, and many balls inside...score!

lafemmex

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #403 on: April 03, 2016, 06:01:32 PM »
Per united6060 on Los Angeles thread:

FYI - In case you didn't read it...the mustache is in town on April 8 (2016)...

More here - http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups/

Anybody interested in carpooling and splitting the gas in true MMM-style?

oldladystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #404 on: April 03, 2016, 06:30:28 PM »

I plan to go. I'm just off the 405 in Seal Beach. You could swing by and pick me up. But they are beginning to predict rain. I know they're usually wrong, but maybe this time... Meeting on the beach in the rain might be interesting.

flyfig

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #405 on: April 04, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »
Very exciting! Can't wait to meet you all there. If anyone wants to carpool from the LB area, let me know!

BECABECA

• Bristles
  • Retired since July 2017, not bored yet!
« Reply #406 on: April 06, 2016, 06:02:38 PM »

I'd really like to go, but I don't have a car, so I'd need to carpool (I'd definitely be happy to help with expenses). I'm just off the 405 in Irvine, but could bike to meet a ride anywhere in Irvine vicinity.

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #407 on: April 07, 2016, 06:15:02 PM »
I'm going and I can drive! I'll be leaving from Irvine where I work (near the Spectrum) but returning to Long Beach.

@flyfig, maybe we can carpool?
@oldladystache, maybe I can pick you up and we can meet up with @flyfig in LB?
@becabeca, I'd be happy to pick you up and take you there, but would you be able to get back to Irvine after? I could take you as far as Long Beach...
@lafemmex, where are you coming from/going to?

We should probably coordinate directly, I think a group text would probably be ideal? If so, text me your name at six1nine-seven8six-three2five8, and I'll start the group text.

I vote working out chipping in for gas depending on how the rides work out :)

SO EXCITED!!!

oldladystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #408 on: April 07, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
lafemmex and I are planning on going together. I'd rather not get involved with pooling with such a large group. Too much last minute confusion for me. Plus lafemmex and I will probably want to go home earlier than the rest of the group.

Thanks for offering!

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #409 on: April 08, 2016, 12:41:30 AM »
Sounds good! Becabeca and I are meeting up in Irvine and going together, so flyfig, if you want to meet up in LB and go from there, text me!

lafemmex

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #410 on: April 08, 2016, 03:37:26 PM »
If @becabeca needs a ride back to Irvine and doesn't mind leaving relatively early (9pm-ish perhaps?), I can do it.  I just texted FrizzyFrisbee so she has my digits.  See you all SOON...!

SirSavesaLot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #411 on: April 09, 2016, 12:09:04 PM »
Hey folks,

Just want to say hello to the folks in OC, especially those who came to Manhattan Beach last night.  You might remember me as the guy who was actually able to ride his bike to the event.  Was good meeting everyone.  I'd enjoy another meetup in the near future, perhaps a little bike ride and/or BBQ.  I know OC has some good sand, and I'm told LBC is very bike friendly as well.  Cheers, and have a great weekend!

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #412 on: April 09, 2016, 05:12:00 PM »
Hey! It was great meeting everyone too! Y'all might remember me as the proud owner of a $2 bill signed by none other than the man himself :)

I thought that an OC Mustachian Facebook group might be helpful for coordinating future meetups, since you can create events, take polls, see pictures of people so you can remember what they look like, etc ;) I've sent invites to everyone who was on the email list that Laura put together last night, but here is the link if anyone else would like to join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians/

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #413 on: April 09, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
Also.. I would vote for having our next meetup on the 30th instead of the 23rd! But I could probably make it on the 23rd, just a preference :)

For those of you near Long Beach, there is the LB Green Prize festival going on the same day (30th), from 11 am to 7 pm at Admiral Kidd Park. It'd be my first time going, but it sounded fun! More info at their site: http://www.greenprizefestival.com/

SirSavesaLot

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #414 on: April 16, 2016, 05:47:35 PM »
What's the word, folks?  Still interested in meeting on the 23rd?  (The event on the 30th looks fun, but that day doesn't work well for me).  I also clicked "join" on the OC facebook group.

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #415 on: April 17, 2016, 09:46:33 AM »
For those not on the FB group, we've decided on this Saturday, April 23rd, at 10:30 am for our next meetup! We'll be meeting at the south end of Electric Avenue Median Park (https://goo.gl/maps/GYwjxxFXHmC2).

Suggestions for activities are welcome :)

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/574308246060748/
FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians/

oldladystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #416 on: April 22, 2016, 02:26:22 PM »
For those not on the FB group, we've decided on this Saturday, April 23rd, at 10:30 am for our next meetup! We'll be meeting at the south end of Electric Avenue Median Park (https://goo.gl/maps/GYwjxxFXHmC2).

Suggestions for activities are welcome :)

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/574308246060748/

It's tomorrow! I'll be there.

oldladystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #417 on: May 13, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »
We've agreed to get together in May but nobody's stepped forward. So how about Saturday May 28 at my place in Leisure World Seal Beach?  What shall we do? Just get together and see what happens? Bring food for sharing? Bring games? Late morning?

Let me know what you think.

NinjaSue (Yearofsue)

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2016, 09:38:11 PM »
Thanks for the offer oldladystache but I will be out of town that weekend.  Hope to catch up with you and the group sometime soon.

oldladystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #419 on: May 23, 2016, 09:47:43 AM »
Is anyone coming? How about if I promise cinnamon rolls? Strawberry shortcake?

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »
Hey OC Mustachians! We have our next meetup coming up on June 18th at 10:30 am in Seal Beach.

If you'd like to join us for a couple hours of food and fun, please either join the Facebook group and RSVP for the event (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians), or PM me here. I'm not posting the specific details on the forum since @oldladystache is kindly hosting at her place.

Hope to see some new faces!

LaserCat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #421 on: June 10, 2016, 09:27:32 AM »
I just moved out to Orange County less than a year ago, and just requested to join the FB group!  Looking forward to the meetup!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 09:33:14 AM by LaserCat »

oldladystache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #422 on: June 15, 2016, 11:34:02 AM »
Don't forget! It's just a few days away.

Shor

• Bristles
« Reply #423 on: June 15, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »
Hiya, I'll definitely be there with a +1 in tow
Luckily sunnyca keeps reminding me of meetups or I wouldn't have seen that one was coming up..
Looking forward to it. I'll be bringing snacky snack foods

sunnyca

• Bristles
« Reply #424 on: June 15, 2016, 06:14:44 PM »
Hiya, I'll definitely be there with a +1 in tow
Luckily sunnyca keeps reminding me of meetups or I wouldn't have seen that one was coming up..
Looking forward to it. I'll be bringing snacky snack foods

YAYAYAY!!  Looking forward to it.  Any special snack requests that I can bring?

SmallCheese

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #425 on: June 15, 2016, 07:21:09 PM »
Hey all,

I probably met up with some of you at the LA beach meetup. I haven't been super active on the forums so I just checked this thread today. I'm not sure if it's too late to RSVP, but if you've got space for two more my boyfriend and I would like to come. (We're the ones that met on this forum.) Let us know we'd love to drop by with some snacks/drinks.

Thanks!

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2016, 10:36:16 PM »
Hey @Shor and @sunnyca, if you haven't already RSVP'd on Facebook, make sure you PM me with your name and the names of any guests! (and if you are on FB and I just haven't connected you on FB to you on the forums... sorry... lol)

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #427 on: June 19, 2016, 04:02:36 PM »
Hey everyone, we're already planned our next meetup! A potluck lunch picnic on Sunday, July 24th, 11:30 am at the OC Great Park in Irvine.

We'll be coordinating who's bringing what on the on FB event page (not yet created, waiting to confirm some details), so if you haven't already joined the group, join it now! https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians/

Hope to see you all there!

JohnGalt

• Bristles
« Reply #428 on: June 20, 2016, 02:06:15 AM »
Had fun at the meetup this past weekend! Looking forward to the next one.  Posting here so I get notifications.

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #429 on: June 26, 2016, 03:23:45 PM »
Hey everyone! If you're planning on coming to the next meetup, RSVP on the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/849686518471390/

(You'll need to join the FB group first: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians/)

If you're not on Facebook, PM so I can message you the details (exactly where we're meeting, etc) and help you coordinate what to bring.

Hope to see some new faces!

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #430 on: August 17, 2016, 05:55:30 PM »
Hey OC/LA'ers, we have our next meetup coming up soon in September! It'll be a pool party lunch potluck at a Mustachian home in Orange.

RSVP on the Facebook event page! You'll need to join the FB group first.
FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/312068679138149/

If you're not on Facebook, PM me so I can message you the address and help coordinate what you'll be bringing. We also tend to have waaay too much food, so if having to bring food would be a barrier to you coming, you can always bring games, good Mustachian conversation starters, or anything else you can think of :)

Happy summer!

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2016, 07:15:39 PM »
Helloooo fellow Mustachians! We've got another meetup potluck planned for Saturday, October 22nd at 11:30 am in Huntington Beach. It's at a private residence, so if you would like to RSVP and join us, please PM me for the address or join the Facebook group!

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians

We will have lawn games, an excess of delicious food and lots of Mustachian conversation to be had. Tiny houses, investing, non-Mustachian indulgences and diy car repairs were some favorite topics from last time :) Hope to see y'all there!

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #432 on: February 24, 2017, 04:14:26 PM »
Hey everyone, our next meetup is planned! We'll be doing a hike + potluck at a fellow Mustachian's house in Rancho Carrillo off the Ortega highway. If you'd like to join us, RSVP on the FB event page by joining the FB group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians

If you don't have Facebook but would like to come to the meetup, please PM me and I will be happy to give you details.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #433 on: February 24, 2017, 06:55:18 PM »
Posting to follow. Maybe I can mke one in the HB area. :)

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #434 on: February 28, 2017, 02:10:11 PM »
Awesome @Mezzie! The location of our meetups varies across Orange County; we actually had our last one in HB, and before that Orange, Irvine and Seal Beach. The location is dependent mainly on who is hosting. If you live in HB and are interested in hosting our next one, let me know! Could be at your house or just a place you know that would be good for a group of 10-15.

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »
Hey y'all, save the date for our next meetup, Saturday May 6th! Will be in Long Beach either at Drake Park or a fellow Mustachian's house down the block.

I'll post confirmed details when we get closer to the date. If you'd like to RSVP, join the Facebook group where I'll be creating an official event page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians) or if you're not on Facebook, PM me!

It's been great seeing all the new faces, hope to see some more in May :)

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #436 on: March 17, 2017, 06:07:43 AM »
Perfect! I'm in. :)

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #437 on: April 27, 2017, 12:05:14 AM »
Hey fellow Mustachians! Our next meetup is right around the corner, Saturday May 6th, 10:30 am at Drake Park in Long Beach. We'll be grilling, and our hosts are providing burgers & hotdogs. If you'll be joining us, please bring a side or drinks to share, and RSVP so I can get a rough headcount.

If you're on Facebook, join the group and RSVP on the event page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians/

If you're not on Facebook, you can reply or PM me to RSVP.

See you then!

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #438 on: May 05, 2017, 05:21:21 PM »
Hi all, if you're planning on coming tomorrow and you didn't join the FB group or PM me to RSVP, just know that we've moved the location. It's nearby, but at a member's private residence. If you'd like to join us, PM me and I can send you the address. Thanks!

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #439 on: May 19, 2017, 11:00:44 AM »
Greetings all! As I am closer to OC than LA I would love to meetup sometime. I am not on FB though. Anywho, hopefully my SO and I can make the next meetup.

olob

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #440 on: August 27, 2018, 12:02:38 PM »
Is this meetup still going? I am interested in going to the next one, I just moved down to Irvine.

frizzyfrisbee

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #441 on: August 27, 2018, 12:14:05 PM »
Hey olob! It sure is, but most of the communication is done via the Facebook group, so you'll want to join there to stay up to date: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ocmustachians

I used to manage it but I moved to Portland so a fellow Mustachian took over the FB group (not sure if he still checks the forums though). The last meetup was Aug 4th and I don't think they have anything planned at the moment, but I'm sure they'll have something coming up in the next month or two. Hope you're able to connect!

olob

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #442 on: August 27, 2018, 01:53:10 PM »

Thanks! I submitted a join request on the FB group.

Coffee79

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #443 on: November 09, 2018, 12:15:01 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new to the blog/forum, but reading all the posts I can find! Is the OC group still active?  Let me know.  I don't really use FB anymore as I'm trying to cut all distractions from my goals (including financial).  But would love to gather with like-minded folks and have great discussions on finance!

BECABECA

• Bristles
« Reply #444 on: November 09, 2018, 01:41:12 PM »
Hi @Coffee79 yes, the group is still active. Unfortunately, pretty much all that activity is on Facebook. We have meetups every other month or so, but I often find out about them after they’ve passed, since I’m rarely on Facebook.

BECABECA

• Bristles
« Reply #445 on: January 09, 2019, 10:37:26 AM »
We have an upcoming Mustachian Meetup at my house in Huntington Beach on Saturday January 19th. It’s a potluck dinner starting at 5pm. For those not on our OC Mustachians Facebook page, pm me for the address. Excited to see everybody, it’s been an age!

HBFIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #446 on: January 26, 2019, 10:51:42 PM »
We have an upcoming Mustachian Meetup at my house in Huntington Beach on Saturday January 19th. It’s a potluck dinner starting at 5pm. For those not on our OC Mustachians Facebook page, pm me for the address. Excited to see everybody, it’s been an age!

So bummed I just noticed this, I live in HB.  Please update this thread for the next one!

Jantoven

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #447 on: April 04, 2019, 10:33:00 PM »
PTF, for future updates!

BECABECA

• Bristles
« Reply #448 on: April 08, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »
The next meetup is scheduled for:
Sunday the 28th of April
8am to noon
At Aliso Beach County Park in Laguna Beach
(31131 S Pacific Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, California 92652)

Meetup is combined with OC Mustacians Facebook group and the OC ChooseFI group. See attached image for parking and meetup location.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 10:19:52 AM by BECABECA »

EscapedApe

• Stubble
« Reply #449 on: November 05, 2019, 09:16:39 AM »
I'll probably join up with this group when I get home from work today.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!