Author Topic: Tickets on sale now - Seattle/Portland MMM Retreat  (Read 14911 times)

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
Re: Tickets on sale now - Seattle/Portland MMM Retreat
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 12:21:28 AM »
Can not figure out how to get onto the yahoo group!  Plus, I have an extra ticket - my wife had to cancel.

Did you email campmustache@gmail.com about the extra ticket? We can also help you get into the yahoo group.

Thanks!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 09:33:51 AM »
Can not figure out how to get onto the yahoo group!  Plus, I have an extra ticket - my wife had to cancel.

Sent PM!  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2014, 04:04:53 PM »

Meadow Lark,
If you follow this link, do you get a button that says, "Join Group"?  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/campmustache/info

Are you looking to sell your ticket?  There are a couple of gatherings here in Portland, one tonight and one tomorrow night, that will probably have attendees who would be interested in going to the retreat but didn't get a ticket.  I can try to do some connecting??  Maybe, I don't know?  Let me know if I can help.  I'll send you a personal message too, in case you don't see this.

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2014, 07:28:31 PM »
Thanks everyone who responded.  No, I can't get on to the group through those links.  Which is weird, because I am on Yahoo Groups, I've even been an admin for a couple groups!

And when I googled mustache camp...  Well, let's just say it wasn't pretty, but Dragoncar, I did find a few sources for your desired "Unlimited showers with MMM's garden hose."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:32:08 PM by Meadow Lark »

lb

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2014, 10:50:55 AM »
Last minute space in my car to Camp Mustache! I was planning to drive straight from work but I unexpectedly got the day off!

If anyone needs a last minute ride (from Portland) or would like a last minute passenger to share gas, PM me! Thx!

Leah

The Happy Philosopher

• Bristles
    • thehappyphilosopher
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 10:27:32 PM »
Fellow mustachians,

Thanks for sharing your company and stories with me this last weekend. The meet-up was very inspiring and fun, such a diverse interesting crowd, but at the same time a common thread.  Special thanks to the three wonderful organizers who obviously put much work into making things run so smooth and MMM and JD for sharing their wisdom.  I  feel inspired and recharged!

Feel free to message me anytime and good luck to all on their journey.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 12:10:46 AM »
Fellow mustachians,

Thanks for sharing your company and stories with me this last weekend. The meet-up was very inspiring and fun, such a diverse interesting crowd, but at the same time a common thread.  Special thanks to the three wonderful organizers who obviously put much work into making things run so smooth and MMM and JD for sharing their wisdom.  I  feel inspired and recharged!

Feel free to message me anytime and good luck to all on their journey.
+1
Could not have said it any better! It was great meeting you and all the fellow MMM folks, I hope there will be more of them showing up in the Forums now!

And to Yolfer, Imustachemystache and elincolnp THANK YOU guys so very much!! For all the hard work you put in!! It was a blast!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 09:32:08 PM »
Seriously, such a good weekend.  I was blown away by the awesomeness of everyone there, and just want to hang out with more Mustachians.

The little touches were amazing (quotes, comics, etc.)

I hope to write more about the weekend later, but it was simply incredible.

Thank you so much to the three organizers.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 11:23:48 PM »
You're all very welcome! It was a pleasure putting on the retreat and I'm so glad to hear that y'all enjoyed it!

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2014, 04:00:42 AM »
Yeah, it was awesome.  I am so happy I got to meet all of you and grateful to our organizers.  The break-out sessions were really cool (The little I heard of yours, arebelspy, was extremely interesting and informative.  I really wish I could have stayed for all of it but the kids were desperate to get into the toxic algae lake.)  Mostly it was just fun fun fun to spend the weekend in a beautiful place with such cool people.

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2014, 01:20:28 AM »
Seriously, I think the camp had a great balance of structure vs. free socializing. Thank you organizers!

Also big thanks to the folks that graciously shared their wisdom in the break-out sessions. I found all three I was able to attend very informative (I still have many pages of notes in my mustache notebook to digest!)

Yolfer, the ice-breaker session was a nice touch and a lot of fun. Please give the instructor a thumbs-up next time you see him.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:28:09 AM by FiveSigmas »

imustachemystash

• Bristles
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »
 What an experience! It really felt like we already knew each other and there was so much to talk about. It was a pleasure to meet everyone in real life and I am glad we can continue our friendships online. 

ProfWinkie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • What just happened?
    • CACI International
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2014, 11:58:22 AM »
Just noticed this ;(

How do I get notices of future events? How often does MMM do these retreats?

yolfer

• Pencil Stache
    • Camp Mustache
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2014, 11:02:08 PM »
Just noticed this ;(

How do I get notices of future events? How often does MMM do these retreats?

We discussed it here on the forum for a while, and MMM posted about it on his blog (it quickly sold out at that point).

I think this is the first retreat MMM has done in the USA (he does a fancy one in Ecuador every year), though he seemed interested in doing one again next year.

ProfWinkie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • What just happened?
    • CACI International
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2014, 08:20:24 AM »
Thanks yolfer

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!