Author Topic: Moab, Utah, USA meetup Fall 2019  (Read 18982 times)

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Moab, Utah, USA meetup Fall 2019
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2019, 02:19:39 PM »
I'll be there.  I'm hanging aroind the campground if you get in early.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2019, 03:38:19 PM »
The Wacky family and I will be at tbe Brewery at 5:30 to give them time to get the girls into bed by 7.  I'm in a grey t-shirt and there will be 2 adorable small Wackys at the table with their also adorable parents.

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2019, 03:59:01 PM »
We just arrived at the hotel. What a spectacular drive from SLC!!! Wow.

Looking forward to meeting shadowmoss and the Wacky family tonight.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2019, 04:52:49 PM »
I will also join you all at the Brewery.  They do get busy, so best to get there early.  I think @ToTheMoon and her friend are coming also.

Glad you enjoyed the drive from SLC!  Kinda different from Florida, huh?  😉

We can talk hiking plans at the Brewery tonight.

Would love to have a campfire one of these nights.  I bought two bundles of firewood and would love to use it up!

Can’t wait to see you and your hubs!!  😊

WackyWanderers

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Wacky Wanderers
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2019, 09:16:39 AM »
Hey all— we took off this morning to try to get a campsite at the Needles.  It was nice meeting you all!  Sorry we couldn’t hang out more, but you know... kids :)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2019, 03:12:15 PM »
Hey all— we took off this morning to try to get a campsite at the Needles.  It was nice meeting you all!  Sorry we couldn’t hang out more, but you know... kids :)

So glad we got to meet you!  Safe travels, and I hope you enjoy Needles and all the rest of your adventures!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2019, 05:14:19 PM »
Well, the Second Annual Moab Meetup has wrapped up.  I was sad to see everyone leave today, but was happy that they all seemed to enjoy their visit to this beautiful place.

Thanks to all who attended [@shadowmoss  @LifeHappens  @WackyWanderers  @moonpie  @bolerpotter  @ToTheMoon ], with special admiration and appreciation for braving the weather on Saturday and Sunday.

Some highlights:

•   sharing this special landscape with awesome and amazing people
•   hiking the Fiery Furnace and being serenaded by the mighty and beautiful voice of a Canyon Wren
•   sitting under Delicate Arch with @ToTheMoon, while trying to not be blown off of our perch
•   dinner at Miguel’s Baja Grill (Baja road trip, anyone???)
•   wonderful campsite/campfire conversation, including some very helpful life coaching (for me)
•   surviving the severe sand-blasting winds on Sunday’s hikes
•   witnessing the awesome hiking exploits of @LifeHappens and her DH, some 4000 feet above their home in The Sunshine State
•   brekkie at Love Muffin
•   Penny Farthing mishaps

A few pics from our various adventures—

A couple of happy hikers enjoying the Fiery Furnace in Arches National Park:

The amazing and stunning Delicate Arch:

There may be a couple of hikers in this photo…

A blurry-headed @ToTheMoon  --happy to have hiked far above Moab and the Colorado River:

@ToTheMoon and @bolerpotter hiking under Pinetree Arch, which was a favourite of the group:

The site of an enjoyable and rewarding dinner (with margaritas! and Pacifico!) after a full day of hiking:

I am already looking forward to the Third Annual Moab Meetup!!  I think I need to schedule it a couple weeks later next year, as the temps are still pretty high in southeast Utah in late September.  I will do my best to avoid the Utah schools’ Fall Break.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 05:56:58 PM by NinetyFour »

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2019, 07:24:06 PM »
I made it home to a cat that wants attention mote than food.  I think he missed me.  It wad great to meet all the new folks and to see Ninety-Four again.  Looking forward to next year.

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2019, 09:36:08 AM »
Thank you so much for organizing this meetup and leading us on some amazing hikes, 94! It was so great to see you again and meet all the other attendees. I hope you all can come visit us at sea level for the dolphin and manatee meetup :)

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2019, 11:58:33 AM »
As we have all come to expect by now, no one does post trip/Meetup wraps like you do @NinetyFour. Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

In addition to the incredible pics something else caught my eye....

•   sharing this special landscape with awesome and amazing people
•   hiking the Fiery Furnace and being serenaded by the mighty and beautiful voice of a Canyon Wren
•   sitting under Delicate Arch with @ToTheMoon, while trying to not be blown off of our perch
•   dinner at Miguel’s (Baja road trip, anyone???)
•   wonderful campsite/campfire conversation, including some very helpful life coaching (for me)
•   surviving the severe sand-blasting winds on Sunday’s hikes
•   witnessing the awesome hiking exploits of @LifeHappens and her DH, some 4000 feet above their home in The Sunshine State
•   brekkie at Love Muffin
•   Penny Farthing mishaps

Do I need to give the security at our Baja compound a heads up that the perimeter walls may, at some point, be subject to an infiltration attempt by a bunch of unruly (and cold Pacifico craving) forumers? :0

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2019, 12:07:12 PM »
One odd thing about the dinner at Miguels Baha was that I was the only one carded.  I was the oldest (in most cases by over 20 years) and the only one in who did not order alcohol.  Something something about being too close to the bar.  She took it and scanned it at the register.  I still think she was checking for outstanding warrants.  Moonpie offered to play bounty hunter and turn me in and split the reward.  I opted not to take him up on it.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2019, 06:39:36 PM »
Do I need to give the security at our Baja compound a heads up that the perimeter walls may, at some point, be subject to an infiltration attempt by a bunch of unruly (and cold Pacifico craving) forumers? :0

Yes, alerting security would probably be wise, especially if @ToTheMoon is along and does her imitation of a Penny Farthing crash.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2019, 06:41:12 PM »
If you are interested in joining me in Moab next year, here's the thread:

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/moab-utah-usa-meetup-fall-2020/

avrex

• Bristles
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2019, 12:03:30 AM »
I finally arrived.
Where did everyone go?  Lol.

I couldn't make it in time to this year's event, but am happy to be here anyway.  This is my third time to this beautiful region.  This is just a short visit for me, on this occasion.  I'm only seeing Arches and Canyonlands National Parks before it's time to move on again.

I'll place a calendar entry for next year's MMM meetup.
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/moab-utah-usa-meetup-fall-2020/
With any luck, I hope to see you guys down the road.  :)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2019, 01:03:10 AM »
Awesome!!  Have a great time!  :D