Author Topic: Moab, Utah, USA meetup Fall 2019  (Read 18939 times)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
Moab, Utah, USA meetup Fall 2019
« on: October 22, 2018, 08:43:57 AM »
It was soooooo much fun this year that I want to do it again next year!!

Specific dates to be determined, but somewhere in the September 15 - October 31 time frame.

If there is enough interest, I might reserve a group camping site in Arches for a few days and a group site in the Needles district of Canyonlands for another few days.  We could also spend several days at the Canyonlands RV Campground in town, as ths central location is pretty nice.

SEE YOU IN MOAB!!!  :)

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
Re: Moab, Utah, USA meetup Fall 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:47:20 AM »
PTF - question...if we camp in Arches NP do we have to line up with everyone at the gate every time we go in and out or is there a different line for campers?

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 10:31:45 AM »
PTF.  I learned this trip that I need to get serious about getting into better shape.  Puttingy back out was totally from not maintaining core strength as I need to.  Goal for next year is to be able to hike and not pay for it physically.  Also to remember to bring a chair.

avrex

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »
I'm interested for 2019.

Specific dates to be determined, but somewhere in the September 15 - October 31 time frame.
I'll vote for an earlier date in that range.  i.e. mid-Sept or shortly thereafter would be great
I'm just wondering if any of the people who were tenting it for the Oct 18-22, 2018 meetup, found the nights chilly?

Moab, UT Weather - Historical Averages - High/Low

15-Sep   83/52 °F   28/11 °C
22-Sep   80/49 °F   27/10 °C
29-Sep   76/46 °F   25/8  °C
06-Oct   73/43 °F   23/6  °C
13-Oct   70/40 °F   21/5  °C
20-Oct   66/37 °F   19/3  °C
27-Oct   62/34 °F   17/1  °C

Actually, by 2019 I may not be car camping / tenting anymore.
Perhaps by then, I'll have purchased some sort of travel trailer.  We'll see.  :)

NinetyFour, I'm looking forward to Moab 2019.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 03:25:33 PM by avrex »

aperture

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 10:07:40 PM »
I am looking forward to the next Moab FIRE Meetup.

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 05:27:22 PM »
I'm in!

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »
I'm just wondering if any of the people who were tenting it for the Oct 18-22, 2018 meetup, found the nights chilly?

My GF was in Moab camping during the cool nights and had no issues. She said it was lovely in the day and at night she was either around a campfire or in her warm sleeping bag.

avrex

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »
Thanks R-C.

FIFoFum

• Handlebar Stache
    • Captain's Log - Mission to Puppy Waystation on Puppy Island
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 05:37:01 PM »
Couldn't make it in 2018, PTF so I can hopefully make it for 2019.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2018, 07:34:07 PM »
After an amazing Moab 2018 meetup, I am definitely interested in going to a Moab 2019 meetup. Let's hope the dates work out for me. FOMO and all of that...

PTF.  I learned this trip that I need to get serious about getting into better shape.  Puttingy back out was totally from not maintaining core strength as I need to.  Goal for next year is to be able to hike and not pay for it physically.  Also to remember to bring a chair.

Me too! I am in somewhat OK shape for sea-level Florida standards, but I realized on this trip that I need to up my game to keep up with the Coloradans.

My GF was in Moab camping during the cool nights and had no issues. She said it was lovely in the day and at night she was either around a campfire or in her warm sleeping bag.

As a Florida girl with a decent sleeping bag, I fared very well in the "cold" Moab nights. The first night was the coldest, as it dipped down to 28F I believe. It did feel cold out, but I felt warm and cozy with a sleeping bag and a hat on. It warmed up a little on the other nights. The days were very pleasant for hiking.

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 07:01:06 PM »
My wife and I are planning a multi-month tour of the US in 2019. We'll likely be near Moab in the Fall and it would be cool to meet some other forum members. I definitely plan to stop at MMM H Q if possible and shake Pete's hand/thank him for creating something that enabled us to reach financial independence.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 02:19:07 PM »
I'm really glad to see so much interest in this already.

Perhaps it's because I am not a big fan of winter, and also because I miss all the folks I met last Fall in Moab, but I am ALREADY looking forward to the Moab 2019 Meetup.

Regarding @avrex 's question about temperatures, I actually did find it a bit chilly.  It was rare that I was able to actually not be wearing a jacket.  That said, it was fine, and being around the campfire was quite nice in the evenings.  I was plenty warm while sleeping also.  My preference, though, would be for warmer temps.

A couple of calendar considerations:

* It appears that lots of schools in Utah (including the Salt Lake District) will have their Fall Break October 17 and 18.  Some schools will also have October 21 off.  So I strongly suggest that we avoid that weekend.

* Some folks' schedules might be affected by Indigenous Peoples' Day (or Columbus Day (October 14) in some areas).

I wonder if something like this might work:

How about the first full weekend of October?  Say October 3 - 8 at the Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground (in downtown Moab)?  Is that too close to the camp in Toronto?

I would also be interested in reserving campsites in Arches NP or in Canyonlands NP (the Needles District) if anyone wants to join me there.  This could happen either before or after the downtown meetup.  The reservations for Arches or Canyonlands would have to be done 6 months prior.

Let me know what you think!  :)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2018, 02:23:11 PM »
PTF - question...if we camp in Arches NP do we have to line up with everyone at the gate every time we go in and out or is there a different line for campers?

RC--I was not aware of any separate line for folks who were already camped inside the park, so I think the answer is that everyone must wait in the same line.  Personally, I think that camping in the park is best suited for those who would want to just stay in the park rather than drive in and out each day.  As you know (but others may not), the Arches NP Campground is ~25 miles from downtown Moab.

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 03:49:32 PM »
Count me in, compadre! I like avoiding the Utah school holiday/any holiday idea to minimize crowds.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 12:54:56 PM »
OK, I am now leaning towards something like September 26 - October 1 at the Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground.

This would avoid holidays and Utah school breaks.  Also, it would give people who may want to camp in Arches NP or Canyonlands NP a chance to do that either before or after our CRVR&C meetup without running into Indigenous Peoples' Day or the Utah school holiday.

As I may have mentioned earlier, the CRVR&C has a very generous cancellation policy (do make sure you read it if/when you reserve your site).

For folks who may not have camping gear, the CRVR&C has cabins.  Each cabin can sleep 6 people.  Sharing a cabin with at least a couple other people could be a pretty affordable option.  You can see all the information at the CRVR&C website.

Another option:  some people (like me) might be able to bring extra tents, pillows, sleeping bags, etc.

If the pricing is like it was last year, the sites get more expensive the closer we get to September, so it's best to make your reservations early.

Regarding camping at Arches NP and/or Canyonlands NP, I am willing to try to reserve a group site, but I cannot do that until 6 months prior.  I would also need some financial commitment from at least a few other people before I would want to plunk down $$ for a group site.

Let me know any thoughts/suggestions you might have.  I am already looking forward to this!!

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 01:22:04 PM »
94, you know me well enough to know I'm gonna need you to bring my supplies in exchange for my perfect score on the capitals quiz. :P

Only if she also correctly places them on a map.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 01:27:31 PM »
Yep--MJ, I will lend you a sleeping bag if you get 35 of the state capitols correct.  A pillow if you score 45.  Better start studying.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:31:19 PM by NinetyFour »

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 04:39:01 PM »
PTF, although I will fail the capitols quiz.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 06:21:02 PM »
PTF, although I will fail the capitols quiz.

No worries.  Maybe you can teach us the capitols of the states in Australia.  :)

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 06:29:49 PM »
Just wanted to get the attention of the folks who attended last year and maybe get their feedback on this year's tentative plans.

@aperture
@WorkingToUnwind
@2Saving4Life
@Dr Kidstache
@CanuckExpat
@Daisy
@Financial Ascensionist
@kudy
@5Years2Freedom
@shadowmoss
@Mayan

(Hope I didn't forget anyone!)

OK, I am now leaning towards something like September 26 - October 1 at the Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground.

This would avoid holidays and Utah school breaks.  Also, it would give people who may want to camp in Arches NP or Canyonlands NP a chance to do that either before or after our CRVR&C meetup without running into Indigenous Peoples' Day or the Utah school holiday.

As I may have mentioned earlier, the CRVR&C has a very generous cancellation policy (do make sure you read it if/when you reserve your site).

For folks who may not have camping gear, the CRVR&C has cabins.  Each cabin can sleep 6 people.  Sharing a cabin with at least a couple other people could be a pretty affordable option.  You can see all the information at the CRVR&C website.

Another option:  some people (like me) might be able to bring extra tents, pillows, sleeping bags, etc.

If the pricing is like it was last year, the sites get more expensive the closer we get to September, so it's best to make your reservations early.

Regarding camping at Arches NP and/or Canyonlands NP, I am willing to try to reserve a group site, but I cannot do that until 6 months prior.  I would also need some financial commitment from at least a few other people before I would want to plunk down $$ for a group site.

Let me know any thoughts/suggestions you might have.  I am already looking forward to this!!

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 08:16:56 PM »
As of now I plan to show up whenever it is scheduled.  I have no set schedule for that time of year, so I'll plan around this trip.  Not sure how much or how long, but I'll help out as I can.

2Saving4Life

• Stubble
    • Evolving Escapades
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 09:25:44 AM »
Since we had to leave early in October, we weren't able to participate in any of the actual meetup.  We did get to have dinner and a hike with the early birds (you and daisy).  That was a great hike, I wish we were more prepared and could have kept going up that valley.  It was great to meet you both! 

As far as next year, we're still trying to figure out tomorrow, I wouldn't want to commit to anything in the fall.  We are trying to create better plans but they keep changing, part of the process I guess when we're learning to be full time RVers.  Both of us would really like to go back to Moab in the fall, so we will definitely keep this in mind, but it's too early for us to commit.  Put us down as possible attendees.  Late September would fit our timeline of heading South for winter.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
Since we had to leave early in October, we weren't able to participate in any of the actual meetup.  We did get to have dinner and a hike with the early birds (you and daisy).  That was a great hike, I wish we were more prepared and could have kept going up that valley.  It was great to meet you both! 

I know.  So sad that you had to leave.  I hope DH's family is doing OK after the sudden loss of his dad.  :(

As far as next year, we're still trying to figure out tomorrow, I wouldn't want to commit to anything in the fall. 

What??  It's only 247 days away!!!  ;-)

We are trying to create better plans but they keep changing, part of the process I guess when we're learning to be full time RVers.  Both of us would really like to go back to Moab in the fall, so we will definitely keep this in mind, but it's too early for us to commit.  Put us down as possible attendees.  Late September would fit our timeline of heading South for winter.

I'm glad that late September might work for you.  I'd love to see both of you again.  Hopefully, you'd be able to stick around and meet a bunch of others as well.  It was so fun last year--just sorry you were not able to stay.

Caoineag

• Pencil Stache
    • My Journal
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 01:07:31 PM »
I'd like to be a possible attendee but will make no commitments yet as last year was our 1st year as full-time rvers and none of the travel plans worked as originally planned. We are hoping this year will be a bit more reasonable. So far January has been sedate so we have great hopes.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 09:16:02 AM »
I have now made a reservation for a Deluxe Tent site at Canyonlands RV Resort and Campground for September 25 - October 1.

I would encourage you to make your reservation as soon as possible if you have any interest in this meetup, as this campground does fill up.  They have a very generous cancellation policy.

I am very excited about spending time in Moab again!!

ToTheMoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2019, 12:35:50 PM »
Hey @NinetyFour.

Did you reserve under a group name, or just an individual site?  I would like to think we will try again this year!

TTM

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2019, 06:10:14 PM »
Hey @NinetyFour.

Did you reserve under a group name, or just an individual site?  I would like to think we will try again this year!

TTM

Hey TTM--I'm so glad to hear that you might try to make it this year!!

I just reserved a single site for my truck/camper.  I have one of the "Deluxe Tent" sites.  They weren't willing to tell me which exact site.  At the website, you can download a map of the place.  Let me know if you have any questions!  :)

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2019, 07:58:11 AM »
Still very interested in the Fall 2019 edition. My wife and I are in Moab right now as part of our trip. We'll be making a big loop up north then back down the West Coast and the meet dates fall within our trip plans. Is the date fairly certain at this point?

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2019, 10:16:34 AM »
Still very interested in the Fall 2019 edition. My wife and I are in Moab right now as part of our trip. We'll be making a big loop up north then back down the West Coast and the meet dates fall within our trip plans. Is the date fairly certain at this point?

Hi--great news that you are still interested.  I bet you are enjoying some nice weather in Moab right now.

I have already reserved a spot at the campground for myself Sept 25 - Oct 1.  I would encourage anyone who wants to stay there to make their reservations ASAP, as they will fill up.  They have a VERY generous cancellation policy.

Of course, there are other lodging options, too.  Last year, a couple people stayed in a nearby hostel, a couple stayed on the streets of Moab in their van (in stealth mode), etc.

Also, there is no rule about arriving on the 25th and/or departing on the 1st.  Last year, some folks stayed 2 days, some stayed a week, some just for a few hours!  It was VERY informal.  I would, however, try to avoid the weekend of Oct 19, as lots of Utah schools are on a break Thurs - Mon.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 10:28:41 AM »
@aperture
@WorkingToUnwind
@2Saving4Life
@Dr Kidstache
@CanuckExpat
@Daisy
@Financial Ascensionist
@kudy
@5Years2Freedom
@shadowmoss
@Mayan
@ToTheMoon
@Cherry Lane
@MonkeyJenga
@Caoineag

Just wanted to bump this thread and remind anyone who is interested to make their Canyonlands RV Resort & Campground reservations ASAP.  They have a VERY generous cancellation policy.  And they will fill up!

Of course, there are other lodging options, too.  A hostel, LOTS of hotels, other campgrounds, etc.  The campground we used last year (the one mentioned above) is centrally located, and is a very short walk from a big grocery store.  So the convenience is nice.

I reserved a site (just for me--as it will only accommodate my Rig) for Sept 25 - Oct 1.  Feel free to drift in and out during that time frame.  Last year, it was quite an informal meetup, with different arrangements of people making daily plans for bike riding, hiking, or just hanging out in town or at the campground.

Moab is awesome and I hope lots of people can make it to this meetup!

Here are some pics to whet your appetite:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 10:32:43 AM by NinetyFour »

couponvan

• Walrus Stache
    • My journal
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2019, 02:37:18 PM »
This sounds promising - gear list recommended??  Also - what airport is best? I've got miles to spend.  But --- I don't wanna sleep on the ground if there are snakes.

ToTheMoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2019, 02:47:07 PM »
We booked a campsite weeks ago!  Still not sure if we will be able to pull it off, but we remain hopeful  :)  First we need to make it back from the Baja, hopefully with Truck Norris in one piece!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2019, 07:22:12 PM »
This sounds promising - gear list recommended??  Also - what airport is best? I've got miles to spend.  But --- I don't wanna sleep on the ground if there are snakes.

Wooooo!!  Glad you are interested!

Some folks fly into Salt Lake and then rent a car.  Grand Junction, Colorado also has a small airport, and I know that it flies Delta--other airlines too, but I don't know what they are.

Gear depends on where you will stay and what you want to do. 

The campground does have small cabins, which are pretty basic, but at least that way, you wouldn't have to bring/find a tent.  The cabins have 2 sets of bunkbeds, and a screened porch, but no water.  Everyone in the campground uses a couple of large restroom facilities (with showers).

Also, as I mentioned above, there are LOTS of hotels in Moab--maybe you have some hotel points, too?

If you DO want to sleep in a tent, I have 2 that I could bring.  One is just a one person, and the other is supposedly for 2 people.  You can use the bigger one.  :)

Anyway, basic gear would be comfortable walking/hiking shoes (you don't need hiking boots, but you should have some shoes that will be comfortable and stable for a 2 - 3 hour hike--if you want to do that); a sunhat; maybe a small pack so that you can carry water, snacks, sunscreen; a warm layer of clothes for evenings around the campfire; a warm jacket for evenings; a rain jacket; flip flops for the shower (maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like to use public showers barefoot).....

Some of stuff I can lend to you:  small backpack, rain jacket, down jacket, hat, gloves, neck gaiter, blankets, sheets, pillows, towels, utensils, etc.  You'll just have to let me know what you need.

Oh, and I have never seen a snake in Utah.  That doesn't mean they're not there, though...  And I have only seen a few in my 20 years in Colorado.

We booked a campsite weeks ago!  Still not sure if we will be able to pull it off, but we remain hopeful  :)  First we need to make it back from the Baja, hopefully with Truck Norris in one piece!

Yay!!  I really hope you can make it.  But yes, get back home from Baja first!  ;-)

I'm out, unfortunately. No miles, and flights alone will use up my vacation budget for the year.

Bummer!!  Have any friends with lots of miles?  Sometimes reimbursing a friend for "sharing" miles with you is cheaper than buying a ticket...

You could always reserve something at the campground now and then cancel later....  ;-)

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2019, 12:24:30 PM »
I'm officially in! Just booked plane tickets and a rental car. DH and I will be motel-ing it within walking distance of the campground. We will arrive Friday the 27th and checking out Monday the 30th.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2019, 01:35:35 PM »
I'm officially in! Just booked plane tickets and a rental car. DH and I will be motel-ing it within walking distance of the campground. We will arrive Friday the 27th and checking out Monday the 30th.

WOOHOO!!!!  😎😁🥾🧗‍♀️

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2019, 09:05:48 PM »
Just reserved a back tent site.  This is out of character for me, reserving this far in advance.  Now to get into shape to be able to do some hiking there.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2019, 09:53:18 PM »
Just reserved a back tent site.  This is out of character for me, reserving this far in advance.  Now to get into shape to be able to do some hiking there.

Great!!

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2019, 10:09:13 AM »
We can suck wind together :) I live at sea level and think the altitude will be a challenge for me.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2019, 12:03:41 PM »
It's a date!  :)

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 09:21:52 AM »
Just made my reservation at Canyonlands RV Resort. Looking forward to it!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2019, 01:07:49 PM »

WOO HOO!!!!!  This is the best news I have had all day week!!  :D

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2019, 02:29:11 PM »
We may be able to come. Sounds like fun!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2019, 08:00:49 PM »
We may be able to come. Sounds like fun!

Awesome!!  Would love to meet you!!

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2019, 11:10:41 PM »
Me too.  We live in Nevada.

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2019, 10:00:54 AM »

WOO HOO!!!!!  This is the best news I have had all day week!!  :D

I'm really excited about the 2nd annual Moab meetup. Wouldn't miss it!

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2019, 05:09:56 AM »

Moab is incredible, and the first meetup was great.

We're not able to make it this year, will be a bit more settled down, and oldest in school by that time

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2019, 09:48:26 AM »

Moab is incredible, and the first meetup was great.

We're not able to make it this year, will be a bit more settled down, and oldest in school by that time

SAD FACE.  I was looking forward to seeing you and your family again....and delivering more fist bumps to your oldest!!  We will miss you!

WackyWanderers

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Wacky Wanderers
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2019, 09:58:40 PM »
Hi all--

Thinking about joining you all in Moab this year (I just got back from Camp Mustache Seattle where the topic of the Moab meetup came up, which prompted me to come find you all on the forum here).  My family and I spent a few nights at Canyonlands Resort last October and loved the central location in town.  We'll be passing through Moab right about when you are all meeting up anyways, so I just reserved an RV spot Sept 25->Oct 1.

We have 2 kids (girls ages 6 and 4)-- any other folks the group bringing kids?

Cheers,
-Justin

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2019, 10:22:36 PM »
Yay—so glad you might join us Justin!!  Exciting!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2019, 12:20:36 PM »
Hi all--

Thinking about joining you all in Moab this year (I just got back from Camp Mustache Seattle where the topic of the Moab meetup came up, which prompted me to come find you all on the forum here).  My family and I spent a few nights at Canyonlands Resort last October and loved the central location in town.  We'll be passing through Moab right about when you are all meeting up anyways, so I just reserved an RV spot Sept 25->Oct 1.

We have 2 kids (girls ages 6 and 4)-- any other folks the group bringing kids?

Cheers,
-Justin

Hey Justin! I may have been the one mentioning the awesome Moab trip at Camp Mustache Seattle.

My friends are planning a trip in October to paddle a beautiful river in central Florida that I keep missing out on, so I was coming on this thread to say I was out for 2019, but after reading all of the RSVPs and the awesome people going and that the dates are actually end of September, I do have FOMO. So I am in!

I'm not sure if I am taking my tent this year. I might if I pre-extend the trip a little and want to camp in the surrounding areas. If not, the cabins were really nice and if shared by others I think cost about the same as camping.

Anyone else renting a cabin that I can sneak into?

I will be going there from CM*TO which ends on September 23. I'm not sure where I am flying into yet. If I arrive on September 23 or 24 then I am open to some pre-meetup meetups either in Colorado (where I am possibly flying into), or straight into Moab.

Maybe I can hitch a ride with anyone going from Denver early.