Author Topic: Moab, Utah, USA meetup October 18 - 22, 2018  (Read 98073 times)

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
  • Power through Positivity
    • Mindful Explorer
Re: Moab, Utah, USA in October 2018
« Reply #200 on: November 15, 2017, 11:20:25 AM »
A little something to get the MTB crew excited....
https://www.trailforks.com/region/moab/

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #201 on: November 15, 2017, 12:20:07 PM »
This meetup sounds very interesting. I'm afraid to commit because I am not in the 90% camp, but I love the parks in Utah and have wanted to go to Arches and Canyonlands. So the only thing that would probably stop me would be having another trip planned.

I thought I'd be hiking the Camino de Santiago on my first year FIREd, but you MMMers keep planning cool trips in the US and this may delay my other plans. Oh well. It would be fun to hike in this area with you all.

If I go, I'd be flying in as well, so I can join in on a car rental. I see I'd probably fly in to Las Vegas or Salt Lake City.

I'd also probably prefer the Yurt idea as I don't want to fly in with a tent and all of that, but flexible on that. At $120 for 6 people, I can handle the $20/night in the Yurt.

If I do go, I'd want to turn this into a longer trip for sure.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #202 on: November 15, 2017, 12:44:03 PM »
I thought I'd be hiking the Camino de Santiago on my first year FIREd, but you MMMers keep planning cool trips in the US and this may delay my other plans.

We need an MMM Camino hike... no obligation on hiking together (hike your own hike), but just lots of us starting within a few days +/- of each other, so we're metting up and hanging out and walking together on bits along the way.

:D
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2017, 02:45:42 PM »
I thought I'd be hiking the Camino de Santiago on my first year FIREd, but you MMMers keep planning cool trips in the US and this may delay my other plans.

We need an MMM Camino hike... no obligation on hiking together (hike your own hike), but just lots of us starting within a few days +/- of each other, so we're metting up and hanging out and walking together on bits along the way.

:D

Perhaps. But it doesn't look like the Camino is in the cards for me for 2018, at this rate. ĄJoder!

The year I do the Camino I'd want to end it with a visit to the Celtic music festival at Ortigueira, which I think is usually in July.

fredbear

• Stubble
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2017, 03:40:54 PM »
If I go, I'd be flying in as well, so I can join in on a car rental. I see I'd probably fly in to Las Vegas or Salt Lake City.

There's a puddle-jumper from Denver to Grand Junction, which is only about 90 miles from Moab.  You could - might want 2 or 3 others to split the costs - have Redtail Aviation give you a scenic flight over the Canyonlands starting in Junction and set you out at Moab airport.  From there you can arrange from one of many shuttles into town.  The only Mustachian I ever met (briefly) was Mr Moneymustache (at the nissan dealership in Boulder) so it's hard to predict reactions from mustachians, but I never heard anyone else say, "Aw, dammit, that flight over the Uncompahgre Plateau, over Westwater Canyon, along the Book Cliffs, over Yellowcat and Arches, looking over at the La Sal mountains, down past Deadhorse Point to the Confluence in the heart of Canyonlands, then back up to the Airport, I hated it.  Totally not worth the money."

It's an option.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #205 on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:18 PM »
After playing phone tag for a few days, I finally talked to a human at the Canyonlands campground in Moab (https://highwaywestvacations.com/properties/canyonlands).

I also looked at Moab's calendar of events and noticed that the Jeep Jamboree will occur on October 25 - 27.  We want to be sure to MISS that madness!!

I got some price estimates.  A tent site, which can accommodate 2 4-person tents (and up to 6 people total) runs $70 per night.  Tent sites are only for tents.  Sites for campers and RVs are in a separate area--about 50 yards away (minimum).

I was told that prices will increase as our date nears, so it would behoove us to start really trying to figure out what we want to do.  I think at this point, if we like the looks of this place, I should go ahead and reserve several sites that are next to each other.  Maybe 4 - 6 tent sites plus 3 - 4 RV sites.  Looks like they have a pretty reasonable cancellation policy.

Are we set on the weekend of October 20th?  Should I assume that most people will arrive Thursday evening and leave Monday?  Ish?  And that others might be able to hang around later--maybe on BLM land or at other campsites outside of Moab?

At some point soon, I'll just need to go for it and make some reservations, but the more input, the better...I think.  :)

Woo hoo--getting excited about this!!  :)

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
As long as you can cancel I think booking a few sites is a smart move. Then I'd start asking people for money to confirm their spots. Nothing makes it clear who is really coming to an event like a non-refundable deposit. ;)

I expect I will be in Moab before and after the event. Not sure what my plan is at this point for camping as it will depend who is coming down with me from home.

Longwaytogo

• Magnum Stache
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2017, 04:41:31 PM »
BLM land may be unpredictably available and/or difficult to locate vs. a reserved private site. 

I don't think camping at a primitive dispersed BLM location with no services is a realistic option for a diverse group that doesn't know each other. Not everyone has the equipment, skills and ability to make that work and even if they do flying with it would be challenging for a number of reasons. Even for people I know I would be cautious about planning a trip around that type of camping option for most people. And as you note even finding such a location can be a challenge to meet up with the group.

Agreed, I've done primitive camping via car and backpacking but flying/renting car adds another element. Plus tougher with a group as you say and people arriving/departing via different schedules and stuff.

I think having a spot nailed down and reserved well in advance will be best.

Is there anything particular you like better about the highwaywest canyonlands resort more then the other in town options like the KOA, slickrock, etc?

I've never been so no preference, just curious.

After playing phone tag for a few days, I finally talked to a human at the Canyonlands campground in Moab (https://highwaywestvacations.com/properties/canyonlands).

I also looked at Moab's calendar of events and noticed that the Jeep Jamboree will occur on October 25 - 27.  We want to be sure to MISS that madness!!

I got some price estimates.  A tent site, which can accommodate 2 4-person tents (and up to 6 people total) runs $70 per night.  Tent sites are only for tents.  Sites for campers and RVs are in a separate area--about 50 yards away (minimum).

I was told that prices will increase as our date nears, so it would behoove us to start really trying to figure out what we want to do.  I think at this point, if we like the looks of this place, I should go ahead and reserve several sites that are next to each other.  Maybe 4 - 6 tent sites plus 3 - 4 RV sites.  Looks like they have a pretty reasonable cancellation policy.

Are we set on the weekend of October 20th?  Should I assume that most people will arrive Thursday evening and leave Monday?  Ish?  And that others might be able to hang around later--maybe on BLM land or at other campsites outside of Moab?

At some point soon, I'll just need to go for it and make some reservations, but the more input, the better...I think.  :)

Woo hoo--getting excited about this!!  :)

You could book a few sites, I don't know that you need to book all of them? Inevitably you'll get people coming early, staying late, staying a whole week, some tent, some RV, etc. so getting 8-10 sites of various lengths with some people sharing a site and everything could get convoluted quickly.

What we have done in the past for group camping trips is email out dates, book sites and just announce "hey I'm site 84" and next guy I got 85, and so on. Then we try and get our group close by even if not directly adjoining. That may be a little less work for you Ninetyfour; or like I said a combination where you book some and some folks book their own nearby

If you go with Canyon lands it looks like it's not very big so it would be easy enough to walk over to others sites. It would be cool to get a few together in a somewhat secluded spot though for late night campfires chats without disturbing non meetup campers.

As for date I don't know that we are set on the 20th but that weekend works for me. I'm getting excited as well!!

Oh and-

The following folks are attending the "Oct 19-22, 2018 - Moab, Utah" MMM Meet Up.

- NinetyFour
- Retire Canada - truck with backpacking tent - primitive camping okay - 1 person
- Caoineag - Van footprint - no services needed - 2 people (potentially 2 dogs)
- Financial Ascensionist
- Aperture
- Found A Penny
- Canuck Expat
- MsSindy
- Stasher
- Earthsurfer
- Meadow Lark!
- Plugging Away - car with tent or RV - no services needed - 1 adult + 1 teen
- Arebelspy - truck/RV - no services needed - 2 adults - 2 kids
- ToTheMoon - Jeep/Tent - no services needed - 2 adults, 2 kids (6 & 8)
-LWTG - 1 person, rental car and small tent, will stay wherever the group decides

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2017, 04:54:05 PM »
Is there anything particular you like better about the highwaywest canyonlands resort more then the other in town options like the KOA, slickrock, etc?

I've stayed at Canyonlands several times so I know its ups and downs well. The benefits are largely its location that's walkable to many amenities including the local brew pub, bike shops, grocery stores and restaurants/hotels. The cons are that it's a RV park and it's in the middle of town so it's not a quiet remote campsite. Given all the different types of people that could attend I think it offers a ton of flexibility in terms of meeting a variety of expectations.

I don't care if we stay somewhere else. I'm fine with 94's first idea for a group campsite with pit toilets or any of the other options that have been discussed that let us reserve spots in advance.

Longwaytogo

• Magnum Stache
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #209 on: November 20, 2017, 05:15:29 PM »

I've stayed at Canyonlands several times so I know its ups and downs well. The benefits are largely its location that's walkable to many amenities including the local brew pub, bike shops, grocery stores and restaurants/hotels. The cons are that it's a RV park and it's in the middle of town so it's not a quiet remote campsite. Given all the different types of people that could attend I think it offers a ton of flexibility in terms of meeting a variety of expectations.

I don't care if we stay somewhere else. I'm fine with 94's first idea for a group campsite with pit toilets or any of the other options that have been discussed that let us reserve spots in advance.

Walkables cool with me!

I'm fine wherever too.

aperture

• Bristles
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2017, 06:44:18 AM »

Thanks for doing the legwork on this 94.  I wonder if we could designate a group of sites that are close to each other, then have people individually pay for those sites so that no one is on the hook for collecting $s.  Hotels hosting wedding parties will often do this and it works pretty well.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2017, 06:46:55 AM »
Thanks for doing the legwork on this 94.  I wonder if we could designate a group of sites that are close to each other, then have people individually pay for those sites so that no one is on the hook for collecting $s.  Hotels hosting wedding parties will often do this and it works pretty well.

Good suggestion. When I did my last MTB group trip to Moab. I booked a tent site and then asked Canyonlands to hold 4 or sites on both sides of my site for a couple weeks. Then told my friends to book those sites within the next 2 weeks. That worked fine and I didn't have to deal with any site besides my own.

The only hang up is they'll only hold sites for a limited time so people would need to make a move fairly quickly.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:44:42 AM by Retire-Canada »

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2017, 03:54:08 PM »
OK--more progress to report.

I called today and have reserved 4 adjacent tent sites and 4 adjacent RV sites.  I had to pay a $67 deposit to hold a site for myself.  My site can accommodate one other tent and up to 5 other people.  The other 4 tent sites and 4 RV sites will be held for one month (until Dec 21).

If you want to reserve a site, please call 800-644-9113 and put a deposit down.  You can refer to the SMITH (just some random made up name) group.

I said that I will arrive on Thursday, October 18 and will depart on Monday, October 22.

They cannot accommodate 5th wheels that are longer than 32 feet or RVs that are longer than 38 feet.

Remember that, according to their website, they have quite a flexible cancellation policy.

Oh, and I just noticed that they also have small cabins!  (Maybe RC said this upthread and I had forgotten).

More info here:
https://highwaywestvacations.com/properties/canyonlands

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2017, 04:16:29 PM »
I like SMITH .... Agent Smith I hope :) lol
I just need a piece of dirt or space to sleep in my hatchback

So the limit is two tents per pad?  Was it the deluxe or primitive tent
So if max two tents and one person in each tent I get a cost of $46 dollars a night for deluxe. So I could assume $23 split

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2017, 05:48:04 PM »
I like SMITH .... Agent Smith I hope :) lol
I just need a piece of dirt or space to sleep in my hatchback

So the limit is two tents per pad?  Was it the deluxe or primitive tent
So if max two tents and one person in each tent I get a cost of $46 dollars a night for deluxe. So I could assume $23 split

Yes, apparently two tents is the limit and 6 people per site is the limit.  I believe these tent sites are equipped with water only (not electric).  I think the deluxe tent sites have electric.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
Re: Moab, Utah, USA meetup October 18 - 22, 2018
« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2017, 05:59:01 PM »
Tried calling to book, but they seem to be busy. I'll try again later.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2017, 06:02:26 PM »
They might have just closed the office for the day, as it is 5pm here (there).

And they might close early tomorrow, because of Thanksgiving.

But they do return phone calls, if you leave a message.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2017, 09:31:23 PM »
The cabins go for about $80 a night and fit 4. Well they say 6 because the bottom bunks are full size beds.

Are those yurts close by? I think they were $200 a night and sleep 6, and have kitchens.

Longwaytogo

• Magnum Stache
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2017, 10:22:43 AM »
Woohoo!! Thanks for organizing 94 and for everyone's input.

I went ahead and booked one of the SMITH tent sites for the 4 nights. Should be a great time :)

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2017, 11:08:29 AM »
I went ahead and booked one of the SMITH tent sites for the 4 nights. Should be a great time :)
Any chance I can be tent number 2 on your site?

Longwaytogo

• Magnum Stache
  • It is what it is!!
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2017, 11:32:23 AM »

Sure, that would be awesome!

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2017, 11:46:03 AM »

Sure, that would be awesome!

Done... now I am locked in to attending LOL

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
Done... now I am locked in to attending LOL

Well if you don't make this one Stasher I'd just give up on desert MTB trips. Once you are 0 for 3 it's clear that it's not meant to be. ;)

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2017, 06:24:03 PM »
Well if you don't make this one Stasher I'd just give up on desert MTB trips. Once you are 0 for 3 it's clear that it's not meant to be. ;)
LOL I'm only 0 for 1 and went climbing in California instead :)

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »
LOL I'm only 0 for 1 and went climbing in California instead :)

No, We were supposed to do a spring desert trip before the fall one. That's 0 for 2. You went to Cali weeks before the desert trip. There was no overlap and you are retired remember?. All the time in the world.  *fingers crossed* for Oct 2018 in Moab. ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:36:51 PM by Retire-Canada »

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #225 on: November 22, 2017, 07:04:44 PM »
No, We were supposed to do a spring desert trip before the fall one. That's 0 for 2. You went to Cali weeks before the desert trip. There was no overlap and you are retired remember?. All the time in the world.  *fingers crossed* for Oct 2018 in Moab. ;)
hahaha oh man the pressure is on :)
I'll bring a clone to make up for the other time and hopefully dump another commitment before then too
MOAB or BUST

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #226 on: November 22, 2017, 09:08:53 PM »
I'm excited. Let's do this! :)

aperture

• Bristles
« Reply #227 on: November 24, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »
Just booked a tent site.  I booked for 4 people at the site ($5 extra per person over two).  PM me if you are interested in sharing the campsite (camp site will comfortably hold two 2-person tents, after that it is a squeeze per Kendra at the office). 

Thanks, aperture.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2017, 10:00:10 AM »

Dang you people beat me to it. I finally got through and booked the last tent site that was being held for "Smith". Whew!

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #229 on: November 24, 2017, 10:04:33 AM »
Remember that I can easily share my site with a tent or two, as I will be I my truck/camper.

This is starting to look like a party!!!  :)

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #230 on: November 24, 2017, 10:12:18 AM »
Remember that I can easily share my site with a tent or two, as I will be I my truck/camper.

This is starting to look like a party!!!  :)

I may have room to share as well, but I won't know until I see if any MTB folks from Victoria will be with me.

I've organized a lot of trips and I typically get 20%-30% cancellation of people that say they are coming.

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #231 on: November 24, 2017, 10:13:55 AM »
LWTG and Stasher ~ tent site booked
RetireCanada ~ tent site booked
Aperture ~ tent site booked
NinetyFour ~ tent site booked

Who else has confirmed a spot?

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #232 on: November 24, 2017, 10:24:58 AM »
FWIW - there are tons more tent sites at Cantonlands still open for Oct 2018. You might have to walk 5mins to join us.

94 can you post what site numbers you asked them to book? That way if folks need to grab one elsewhere they can look at the campground map and figure out the logistics.

ToTheMoon

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #233 on: November 24, 2017, 10:31:36 AM »
LWTG and Stasher ~ tent site booked
RetireCanada ~ tent site booked
Aperture ~ tent site booked
NinetyFour ~ tent site booked

Who else has confirmed a spot?

I left them a message yesterday - but haven't heard anything back.  I guess I should try following up today.

ETA - Just called and booked.  The SMITH group tent sites are all in Row 8.

Deposit is one night - cancellation policy is great: full refund with 3 days notice, forfeiture of deposit if less than 3 days.

**  Also, I had no luck with the 1-800 number from Canada - I had to call them direct at 435-259-6848.  Not sure if anyone else has run into this!  **
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:07:06 AM by ToTheMoon »

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #234 on: November 24, 2017, 10:34:50 AM »
FWIW - there are tons more tent sites at Cantonlands still open for Oct 2018. You might have to walk 5mins to join us.

94 can you post what site numbers you asked them to book? That way if folks need to grab one elsewhere they can look at the campground map and figure out the logistics.

I just called and Kendra said that we have sites 110, 111, 112, and 113 in row 8.

If you go to the website and click on Map & Directions, you can click on Download Sitemap to see the layout of the property.

Stasher

• Handlebar Stache
    • Mindful Explorer
« Reply #235 on: November 24, 2017, 10:43:13 AM »
Just snooped on Google Maps, looks like a killer location
The spots look good too NinetyFour

McDonalds across the street for wifi and ice cream  ( I think I sat here for 3 hours on my last trip uploading photos lol )
Bike shop across the street
Moab Brewery across the street for RetireCanada ;)

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #236 on: November 24, 2017, 10:52:34 AM »
Just snooped on Google Maps, looks like a killer location
The spots look good too NinetyFour

McDonalds across the street for wifi and ice cream  ( I think I sat here for 3 hours on my last trip uploading photos lol )
Bike shop across the street
Moab Brewery across the street for RetireCanada ;)

The campground has wifi. The central walkable location is one of its strong points. There is a brew pub a frisbee throw from where we are staying as well. That's not an accident. ;)

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #237 on: November 24, 2017, 10:53:59 AM »
I just called and Kendra said that we have sites 110, 111, 112, and 113 in row 8.

BTW - those are all deluxe sites with water and power.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #238 on: November 24, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »

BTW - those are all deluxe sites with water and power.

According to the legend, the deluxe ones are in Row 7.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #239 on: November 24, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »
According to the legend, the deluxe ones are in Row 7.

You are right. They just have water. I'm typically in the "G" section and we've poached power from empty deluxe sites. It seemed like that was row 8 as well, but I trust the legend more than my memory. ;)

I thought there was just the primitive tent sites and deluxe. I didn't realize they had a 3rd category.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #240 on: November 24, 2017, 11:07:03 AM »
If the Smith ones are all taken, can we add more to the Smith group?

How far are the RV spots?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #241 on: November 24, 2017, 11:09:38 AM »

The walk from Row 8 to any of the RV rows [1-6] is from 15 seconds - 3 mins. They like you to walk around and not cut through sites.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #242 on: November 24, 2017, 11:10:52 AM »
For those that have not (fully) committed yet and are flying in, can we just bring a sleeping bag and sneak into someone's tent?

It's either that or the yurts or cabins for me.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #243 on: November 24, 2017, 11:12:10 AM »
If the Smith ones are all taken, can we add more to the Smith group?

I can certainly call again and ask to reserve more spots to be held until December 21.  I wonder if we should reserve a few at the end of Row 7 (104, 105, 106).  That way, we would "control" the noise level in that area.  Although, who knows, maybe our group will be rowdier than anyone else!

Rebel, Kendra said that the RV sites are at the end of Row 3.  I assume she means the "top" end, if you look at the map.  So they are 4 rows over.  :(

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #244 on: November 24, 2017, 11:12:54 AM »
For those that have not (fully) committed yet and are flying in, can we just bring a tent and sneak into someone's tent?

If people are not maxed out with number of tents or people and want to share then yes. But it's not like you can "hide" an extra tent if all the MMM sites are full.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2017, 11:14:04 AM »
For those that have not (fully) committed yet and are flying in, can we just bring a tent and sneak into someone's tent?

If people are not maxed out with number of tents or people and want to share then yes. But it's not like you can "hide" an extra tent if all the MMM sites are full.

Sorry I meant sleeping bag, not tent, and corrected my original post.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #246 on: November 24, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »
For those that have not (fully) committed yet and are flying in, can we just bring a sleeping bag and sneak into someone's tent?

Daisy--I will be sleeping in my truck/camper.  I can also bring my tent (and rain fly), which you are welcome to use at my site.  It's a 2 person tent, so it should be plenty big for you.  Sound good?

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #247 on: November 24, 2017, 11:16:04 AM »

I can certainly call again and ask to reserve more spots to be held until December 21.  I wonder if we should reserve a few at the end of Row 7 (104, 105, 106).  That way, we would "control" the noise level in that area.  Although, who knows, maybe our group will be rowdier than anyone else!

Rebel, Kendra said that the RV sites are at the end of Row 3.  I assume she means the "top" end, if you look at the map.  So they are 4 rows over.  :(

I'm waiting to get some word from my MTB people about our Oct 2018 trip. I may switch my site to row G as I don't want to pay the extra $$ for a water site for the week+ I'll be there and I don't want to move my tent either. If I do that I'll ask Kenda to hold it for "Smith" and I will post the site availability on this thread.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #248 on: November 24, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »

Daisy--I will be sleeping in my truck/camper.  I can also bring my tent (and rain fly), which you are welcome to use at my site.  It's a 2 person tent, so it should be plenty big for you.  Sound good?

Sure, that is very generous of you.

Now I just need to decide if I am going. I am over 50% committed, but have to see what else I have going on in 2018. Although what could be better than going to Canyonlands with a bunch of my new Internet, outdoorsy friends? I can't think of much...

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #249 on: November 24, 2017, 11:22:54 AM »
Although what could be better than going to Canyonlands with a bunch of my new Internet, outdoorsy friends? I can't think of much...

Just so you aren't disappointed we are staying at Canyonlands RV Park in the middle of Moab. It's really got nothing to do with Canyonlands National Park - although you can drive from one to the other in ~45mins.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!