Author Topic: Colorado  (Read 28858 times)

tsukuba

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Colorado
« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2016, 01:51:23 AM »
Hi, we are pretty new to this, and would enjoy a meetup. If it were spring I might suggest a bbq,  and could revive the thread then to do that. A hike in the foothills is another possibility, which we are happy to do in this weather too. How about the rest of you?

jordanread

« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2016, 09:50:58 AM »
Hi, we are pretty new to this, and would enjoy a meetup. If it were spring I might suggest a bbq,  and could revive the thread then to do that. A hike in the foothills is another possibility, which we are happy to do in this weather too. How about the rest of you?

What part of Colorado are you in?

tsukuba

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2016, 11:10:20 PM »
Thank you for your response, jorndanread, I was answering post #99 just above, where Denver area was being discussed. We are in the West Denver area.

jordanread

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2016, 01:19:05 PM »
Thank you for your response, jorndanread, I was answering post #99 just above, where Denver area was being discussed. We are in the West Denver area.
Gotcha. I usually organize the ones a bit more South (Colorado Springs), and this thread send to be a general Colorado one, where you then get pointed to the appropriate thread. The are a few for your neck of the woods iirc, but I'm not sure where they are. Someone else should jump in soon though.

JessicaFletcher

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2016, 06:55:04 PM »
I'm in Denver and would love to meet some fellow Mustachians! :)

ptobest

• Stubble
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »
I live in Denver and would also be interested in a meetup! And I enjoy a hike as long as it's not too chilly out.

Azc93

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2017, 11:01:46 AM »
I just moved to Boulder a few months ago and would also love to meet some like minded people!

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2017, 10:47:21 PM »
Eastern Denver here. The next ~month is a particularly busy one for me, but I'd be game for a meetup in February if people are willing.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »
Posting to follow this thread. Denver. I'm a single parent with a confusing work schedule :-).

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2017, 10:29:50 AM »
I just moved to Boulder a few months ago and would also love to meet some like minded people!

Hey I'm in Boulder too!

Posting to follow and see if I can make it to the next meetup.

JessicaFletcher

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2017, 07:52:44 PM »
It sounds like several people are interested in getting together.  How about a group hike, say the first Saturday in February (weather pending)?  We could meet up at Matthew Winters Park, which might be a reasonable winter option that won’t require snowshoes.  Feel free to make other suggestions, just wanted to get the ball rolling. :)

ptobest

• Stubble
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2017, 05:15:10 PM »
Sounds fun (assuming it isn't -23413 degrees out & snowy)! I don't think I have been hiking there before.

CentennialMan

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »
I would be interested in meeting up.

tsukuba

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2017, 01:24:09 AM »
It sounds like several people are interested in getting together.  How about a group hike, say the first Saturday in February (weather pending)?  We could meet up at Matthew Winters Park, which might be a reasonable winter option that won’t require snowshoes.  Feel free to make other suggestions, just wanted to get the ball rolling. :)

Thanks for taking the initiative.  That works for us.

peregrine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »
Definitely interested in meeting other Mustachians! I'm in Pueblo. A hike, or bbq sounds great!

mustachemama

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • interested in connecting with other families
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2017, 02:55:30 PM »
We are in West Denver area, would love to meet up with others, possibly mustachians with children too. The hike sounds great except I work that day. I'd love to hear of other meets ups happening in the area.

La Bibliotecaria Feroz

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2017, 09:50:44 AM »
We are in West Denver area, would love to meet up with others, possibly mustachians with children too. The hike sounds great except I work that day. I'd love to hear of other meets ups happening in the area.

I also work that day but would like to do a meetup another time.

BuffaloStache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2017, 10:42:22 PM »

I also work that day but would like to do a meetup another time.

I don't work this day but can't make it due to plans I'd made before reading this. Then again, the way work has been lately I may not be able to make one of these for a while. I'll still listen in and see if I can make any future event.

tsukuba

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2017, 09:59:49 PM »
Hey all,
How about a doodle poll to figure a date.  Looks like a lot more people are saying they cannot make it on the proposed day than can...

JessicaFletcher

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2017, 06:08:35 PM »
Hey guys,

Weather looks decent for next Saturday (Feb 4th).  My husband and I are still planning on heading to Matthews/Winters Park for a hike.  It looks like several people have conflicts that day, but if anyone is still interested in getting together, send me a PM and we can coordinate a meetup!

More info:
http://jeffco.us/open-space/parks/matthews-winters-park/

We should definitely try to set up something else for those that aren’t able to make it on Saturday! :)

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Blog: Simply Financially Free
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2017, 10:54:22 AM »
My husband and I are heading to the Denver area tomorrow through March 20th and were wondering if there was anyone who would want to get together.  We would love to meet some like-minded people if we can make schedules work.  We are staying off of I70 to ski for a few days and then Fort Collins for the second half of the trip.  Let me know if anyone wants to meet up.

mr1500

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • 1500 Days
    • 1500 Days to Freedom
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »
Hey there! I'm in Longmont which has some fine microbreweries if that's your thing. If not, maybe we can plan something else?

SimplyFinanciallyFree

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Blog: Simply Financially Free
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »
Mr1500, we could probably meet up on Monday when we head back to Denver for our flight out.  Our flight is at 1:15 am so we have time to kill in the evening before heading to the airport.  Are you free?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
I'm looking for a venue for a Camp Mustache Colorado event.

Does anyone know of a place with lodging (beds) that provides food as well?

Typically summer camps/church camps are good venues for this type of event.

PM me if you have any suggestions for venues!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2017, 08:08:21 PM »
Here is one possibility:

https://snowmountainranch.org/

kudy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2017, 10:16:38 AM »
I'm looking for a venue for a Camp Mustache Colorado event.

Does anyone know of a place with lodging (beds) that provides food as well?

Typically summer camps/church camps are good venues for this type of event.

PM me if you have any suggestions for venues!

Hey @arebelspy, did you see my note about the CSU mountain campus in the other thread?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!