Author Topic: Chicago meetup - Wednesday March 22nd  (Read 1943 times)

theflyingpenguins

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Chicago meetup - Wednesday March 22nd
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
Hey everyone,

I wanted to send out a quick invitation to a FI RE meetup scheduled for Wednesday March 22nd from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM.

The location is:

St. Ignatius' Alumni Lounge
1019 South May Street
Chicago  IL  60607

I've attached map of the location and the parking lot you can use for free parking at the end of the cul de sac on May Street coming south from Taylor Street.

On the front of the building you'll see stairs walking up the old signage for St. Aloysius Convent, you're in the right place, it's a converted convent with a nice bar/lounge inside. Just ring the doorbell if the door somehow ends up locked.

I'll provide beer, wine, and soft drinks, but if you'd like food, please feel welcome to bring a dish or order something for delivery.

If you're planning to come, please reply so I can get an idea of the guest count. I look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

theflyingpenguins

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Chicago meetup - Wednesday March 22nd
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
We're currently at 13 guests 8 yes and 5 tentative yes. Some have asked if there are any particular agenda items. While not specifically, I've suggested since we're coming up on April 15th when taxes will be in the news, if there are any tax tips you have that could be a good topic to discuss should there be a lull in our conversations.

Mollie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
I won't be able to make it tomorrow, but I'd love to hear about future Chicago meetups! 

theflyingpenguins

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 02:18:12 PM »
Sounds good, I'll be sure to try to post on the forum any time I'm involved in hosting. If you'd like, there's also a google group that sends out announcements. Not sure if you're on that or not.

amustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:39:15 PM »
@theflyingpenguins, I would like to be added to the Google group. Please let me know how that's done, thank you!

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 04:05:55 PM »
Wow I completely missed this thread. I would like to know how to sign up for the Google group as well.

Surf904

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 09:38:03 PM »
Hi, I just recently discovered MMM and love the overall mindset. I live in the Chicago suburbs (Naperville) and I would like to join your guys next meet up if you don't mind.

rsmith82

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 08:22:18 PM »
I live in Chicago and missed the last Mustachian meetup, but how do I get added to the Google Group?

Mollie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »
Ditto on the Google group!  How does one get in it?  Thanks!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!