Author Topic: Cedar Rapids  (Read 3677 times)

chops

• Stubble
Cedar Rapids
« on: March 19, 2015, 02:07:33 PM »
Hi Cedar Rapids Mustachians!

I just moved here recently with my fiance from CT (thanks to all that helped me with getting to know CR from 1200 miles away) and now that the weather is warming up I was thinking a meetup is in order.

It could be as simple as a pot luck BBQ in one of the many great parks here some weekend in the near future.

So I'll start the ball rolling by saying how about April 11-12 or 18-19 right now, let me know what works for y'all.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting you,

- Chops

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Cedar Rapids
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 04:48:59 PM »
I am in DSM, open to all Iowans?

chops

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 10:27:28 PM »
Open to all!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:55:24 AM by chops »

Hayden Frys Mustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 07:58:20 PM »
I am in DSM, open to all Iowans?

+1 for DM - I travel to CR for work occasionally - I'll attend once a day is set if I'm able to get there.

rhut

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 07:25:34 AM »
My wife and I will be driving through the area on the 17th. We plan on finding a campsite somewhere to stay the night. Anyone else up for camping that weekend?

chops

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 08:35:03 PM »
rhut,

April 17th sounds good for me and the Mrs. at least for meeting up during the day...

Who else is in for that date?

- Chops

rhut

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 08:24:42 AM »
chops, unfortunately we probably won't be getting into the area until around 10pm.

chops

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 02:07:28 PM »
How does Saturday June 13th look for a meetup?  Details to follow...

fierymillennials

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Fiery Millennials
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »
That's the last time I'll be going anywhere near CR, as I'm taking my last load of stuff to DSM that weekend. I might be able to swing it. Not sure though. Would anyone be interested in meeting up in DSM later this summer?

chops

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 03:32:24 PM »
@ FieryMillennials - DSM could work for me & the Ms. later this summer, we haven't been there yet as we just moved to Iowa a few months ago.  Let us know when and we'll try to make it.   

I'd still like to try for Sat June 13th to meet in CR.  Who else is good with that date? 

- Chops
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:34:58 PM by chops »

chops

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 12:20:17 PM »
I'm still available for this Saturday - I'm thinking I'll be at Daniels Park in Cedar Rapids at the top (highest) picnic spot in the park, grilling and having a few brewskis.  If anybody is available to show up, that'll be great.  Feel free to bring whatever you'd like to eat or drink.  I'll probably set up shop around 11am and will be there until around 2pm or so, although I'll likely stay later if Mustachians show up.

Looking forward to meeting you!

- Chops

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
I'm still available for this Saturday - I'm thinking I'll be at Daniels Park in Cedar Rapids at the top (highest) picnic spot in the park, grilling and having a few brewskis.  If anybody is available to show up, that'll be great.  Feel free to bring whatever you'd like to eat or drink.  I'll probably set up shop around 11am and will be there until around 2pm or so, although I'll likely stay later if Mustachians show up.

Looking forward to meeting you!

- Chops

I can't come this Saturday - but I will be FIRE soon and my calendar becomes wonderfully open. I sometimes go over to Iowa City, I can PM if I am heading over to see if a meet up works with your schedule.

chops

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 10:26:21 AM »
Congrats  g dog on going FIRE!!!!

Awesome.

Anyway to anyone swinging by today slight change in plans we'll be meeting at the lower pavilion at daniels park. 

- Chops