Author Topic: Camp Mustache Canada - 2017  (Read 347951 times)

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
Re: Camp Mustache Canada - 2017
« Reply #900 on: February 28, 2017, 01:50:17 PM »
Cool. Okay, we will meet at a mutually-agreed-upon hour and divide into two groups: 1) hikers and 2) strollers. The hikers, led by someone like 94, will head out. The strollers, led by me, will drift off after them. The hikers will decide when to turn around, and will gather us up upon their return. Sound like a plan?

Oooo...hiking? I'm in!! I'll be happy to lead a group out or follow along. Approximately how long will we have for this Prospector?

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #901 on: February 28, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
Cool. Okay, we will meet at a mutually-agreed-upon hour and divide into two groups: 1) hikers and 2) strollers. The hikers, led by someone like 94, will head out. The strollers, led by me, will drift off after them. The hikers will decide when to turn around, and will gather us up upon their return. Sound like a plan?

Oooo...hiking? I'm in!! I'll be happy to lead a group out or follow along. Approximately how long will we have for this Prospector?

You are hereby appointed captain of the hikers, Elaine!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #902 on: February 28, 2017, 02:20:23 PM »

You are hereby appointed captain of the hikers, Elaine!

The schedule currently shows:

8:00 AM Saturday - Yoga with ElleFiji
9:30 AM Saturday - Breakfast

8:00 AM Sunday Exercise TBD
9:00 AM Sunday - Breakfast

----------------------------------------------------------

If teh hikers and yoga-ers wanna swap days, that's cool with me.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #903 on: February 28, 2017, 02:53:13 PM »
Sunday exercise is decided, Prosps. We are going to meet at 8am. Elaine will lead the hikers out, accompanied no doubt by 94, and I will head up the walkers, following at an ever-increasing distance.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #904 on: February 28, 2017, 03:04:28 PM »
I (or anyone else, if they'd like) can lead a meditation session either/both of the days too, if anyone is interested.  Just a 10-15 minute early morning thing.

Also crossing my fingers on Oro and Ramona.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #905 on: February 28, 2017, 03:05:36 PM »
I (or anyone else, if they'd like) can lead a meditation session either/both of the days too, if anyone is interested.  Just a 10-15 minute early morning thing.

I wondered about meditation too. And caffination...

RamonaQ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #906 on: February 28, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »
I appreciate the peer pressure!

I have the feeling that if I DON'T go, I'll be sitting here in October all annoyed that I didn't book a ticket.  I'll talk to Howie tonight and make sure there's no plans that I'm not aware of for that weekend.  And also explain that I want to run off to hang out with imaginary internet people.

RamonaQ, in terms of vacation and job changing, on a couple of occasions I've had a vacation of some kind planned already, and been in the process of job hunting.  I've never had a problem with saying to an employer (after I've accepted the offer!), "By the way, I already had this long weekend/week off booked, hope that's not a problem."

Yeah, I've totally done that too, but I've already got two other trips booked (one 5 days, one 10).  So adding a third would be a lot.  But CMC is quite close geographically, so really it would only require one day off.

RamonaQ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #907 on: February 28, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »
Oh, and if I do go, I'd be happy to lead a Sunday morning run to compliment the hikers and walkers.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #908 on: February 28, 2017, 04:22:23 PM »
At this rate EVERYONE will be leading some part of the Sunday morning thing - runners, hikers, walkers... Maybe I will lead the amblers. How many of us are there?

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #909 on: February 28, 2017, 04:36:03 PM »
At this rate EVERYONE will be leading some part of the Sunday morning thing - runners, hikers, walkers... Maybe I will lead the amblers. How many of us are there?
I will follow you.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #910 on: February 28, 2017, 04:41:42 PM »
I'll lead the crawlers... who is leading the rollers and wrigglers?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #911 on: February 28, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »

If you come by Auberge Prospector beforehand, you can lead me in a meditation. I would have no idea what to do elsewise.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #912 on: February 28, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »
Oh, and if I do go, I'd be happy to lead a Sunday morning run to compliment the hikers and walkers.

Awesome. We will meet up and divide ourselves by preference. Perhaps add a conga line?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #913 on: February 28, 2017, 06:04:04 PM »
I can see Dan Bortolotti arrive just as the conga line returns from its 'hike'.

Lord have mercy.

6 spots remaining.

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #914 on: February 28, 2017, 06:05:28 PM »
I can see Dan Bortolotti arrive just as the conga line returns from its 'hike'.

Lord have mercy.

6 spots remaining.
He's your close personal friend, Dan won't judge you

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #915 on: February 28, 2017, 06:06:53 PM »
Isn't that part of what close personal friends do best?

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
« Reply #916 on: February 28, 2017, 09:24:37 PM »
Conga line hike sounds perfect.

Kicking those legs left and right should be a good workout.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #917 on: February 28, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »
I'm still not sure if I will be able to hang out for Sunday morning, or will have to get up super duper early and head off to work.  Won't know until closer to the time.  But if I'm around, I'd like to volunteer to lead the coffee drinking sitting team, as we hang around and wait for the rest of you to come back from your run / hike / walk / amble / conga / crawl / roll / wiggle.

(I cannot believe that in such a non-conformist group as Mustachians, that I would be the first to acknowledge that no one HAS to participate in forced exercise early on Sunday morning!)

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #918 on: February 28, 2017, 09:44:32 PM »
I'm still not sure if I will be able to hang out for Sunday morning, or will have to get up super duper early and head off to work.  Won't know until closer to the time.  But if I'm around, I'd like to volunteer to lead the coffee drinking sitting team, as we hang around and wait for the rest of you to come back from your run / hike / walk / amble / conga / crawl / roll / wiggle.

(I cannot believe that in such a non-conformist group as Mustachians, that I would be the first to acknowledge that no one HAS to participate in forced exercise early on Sunday morning!)

Don't worry, you're not!  Prospector told Sailor Sam that participation in everything at CMC is voluntary (even early-morning drills from our favourite promoter of type-2 fun).

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #919 on: February 28, 2017, 09:52:45 PM »

Don't worry, you're not!  Prospector told Sailor Sam that participation in everything at CMC is voluntary (even early-morning drills from our favourite promoter of type-2 fun).

ESPECIALLY  early morning drills from our favorite promoter of type 2 fun.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #920 on: February 28, 2017, 09:58:44 PM »
Did somebody say conga line? If I do go, I can lead that. It's in my blood.

I guess I am waiting for my FIRE fate to be decided on in the next couple of months bfore I make my CMC attendance decision.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #921 on: February 28, 2017, 10:23:39 PM »

I guess I am waiting for my FIRE fate to be decided on in the next couple of months bfore I make my CMC attendance decision.
Haven't you read that there are now ONLY SIX BUNKS LEFT - leave it for a week, and you won't be able to get a ticket!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #922 on: February 28, 2017, 10:37:34 PM »

Haven't you read that there are now ONLY SIX BUNKS LEFT - leave it for a week, and you won't be able to get a ticket!

Yes, I've been biting my nails under the stress of that knowledge. I must say this sudden mention of a conga line feels like a sign from the universe that I should attend.

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #923 on: February 28, 2017, 10:50:26 PM »

Oh, I know, but that was pages ago.  Or at least, a page ago?  I didn't check.  My point was more general. 

Because suddenly everyone was talking about meeting up all together and breaking into various groups right down to wigglers and rollers (well, that was just Prosp) as if it was just assumed that we would all go out and move our bodies at some speed or another first thing in the morning when we (well, me anyway) would be not really awake yet, and no one was saying anything anymore about just.not.going!

So, it was left to me to speak up on behalf of sloths everywhere.  Justice now for sloths!

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #924 on: February 28, 2017, 11:17:07 PM »
Sloths move too. ssssllllooowwwllllyyyy
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 11:23:16 PM by deborah »

PJ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #925 on: February 28, 2017, 11:36:44 PM »
Not before coffee.  I'm pretty sure....

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #926 on: February 28, 2017, 11:54:22 PM »
as if it was just assumed that we would all go out and move our bodies at some speed or another first thing in the morning

I actually have a secret loathing of exercising first thing in the morning. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #927 on: March 01, 2017, 03:06:15 AM »

Yes, I've been biting my nails under the stress of that knowledge. I must say this sudden mention of a conga line feels like a sign from the universe that I should attend.

Daisy, please come and relieve me from the stress of leading a conga line. Xo Paula

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #928 on: March 01, 2017, 08:26:41 AM »
This has been a delightful conversation filled with conga lines and sloths (maybe even sloths IN a conga line?) so to veer it to slightly more serious topics - this is a heads up from your resident money launderer.

New month, new exchange rate.

For March payments, I'm going with USD38.14 for CDN$50 (Exchange rate of 0.76278263) or USD $179.25 for CDN$235 for full payment.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #929 on: March 01, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »
5 Spots Remaining

andy85

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #930 on: March 01, 2017, 09:14:14 AM »
I fall somewhere between coffee drinker and walker. Slothfulness is likely to be involved in either case. I will be cutting out at noon (at the latest) on Sunday.

I have that feeling JS described during his Seattle meetup...very excited, but also nervous/anxious due to my strong introvertedness. Three days of socializing with strangers is far beyond my comfort zone, but I will do my best! A bottle of bourbon may help.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #931 on: March 01, 2017, 09:28:45 AM »
See email.. I'm coming to CMC

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
Camp Mustache Canada - 2017
« Reply #932 on: March 01, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »
Awesome! My husband is coming, too! Are you bringing The Redhead?

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #933 on: March 01, 2017, 09:31:49 AM »
Awesome! My husband is coming, too! Are you bringing The Redhead?

We talked about it but its not really her thing.. She may go see another friend while we're out that way.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #934 on: March 01, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »

Awesome!  This is definitely the Seattle Effect.  Does that mean credit goes to the Seattle instigator, Monkey Jenga?

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #935 on: March 01, 2017, 09:51:21 AM »

Awesome!  This is definitely the Seattle Effect.  Does that mean credit goes to the Seattle instigator, Monkey Jenga?

OMG.. Thats like throwing gasoline on a flame...:)

OK, she might have SOMETHING to do with it...;)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #936 on: March 01, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »
4 spots remaining...

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #937 on: March 01, 2017, 10:39:53 AM »
I have that feeling JS described during his Seattle meetup...very excited, but also nervous/anxious due to my strong introvertedness. Three days of socializing with strangers is far beyond my comfort zone, but I will do my best! A bottle of bourbon may help.

Andy...IT'S GONNA BE OKAY. The fact that this is coming from me should be all the reassurance that you require.

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but I might as well confirm it here at CMC ground-central, that I am attending. We can hang out Andy. :)

A question I have: will there be (biting) bugs?

andy85

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #938 on: March 01, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »

Andy...IT'S GONNA BE OKAY. The fact that this is coming from me should be all the reassurance that you require.

It's been mentioned elsewhere, but I might as well confirm it here at CMC ground-central, that I am attending. We can hang out Andy. :)

A question I have: will there be (biting) bugs?
DON'T PRESSURE ME LIKE THIS! (kidding)

i'm looking forward to it overall!

avrex

• Bristles
« Reply #939 on: March 01, 2017, 10:49:24 AM »
Awesome.
Jon_Snow is coming as well!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #940 on: March 01, 2017, 11:10:20 AM »
I am 80% confident saying that mozzies will be done by the time we are doing our camp thing. The nights should be cool enough to hold them off. But then there's the whole climate change/global warming/southern Ontario dynamic.

I don't think we'll need bug juice, but I don't want to say I'm 100% sure of that. Usually anytime after October 1 you are safe from them but a few warm days could bring them out.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #941 on: March 01, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »
It's blowing my mind that people are traveling from all over for this. Loving it!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #942 on: March 01, 2017, 11:59:15 AM »
I also just received my Canada National Parks pass mentioned in another thread. It does look like I should go. I will email in the next day or two so save a spot for me.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #943 on: March 01, 2017, 12:18:20 PM »

Hot damn!  Things just got real. :D

I am attending.

Nice!

Between you and Frank, MJ did some nice recruiting.

May need to hire her to travel around, attending local Mustachian meetups to promote for Camp Mustaches.

It does look like I should go.

Yay!  :D
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

CheapskateWife

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: Hill Country, TX - Being a blueberry in the Tomato Soup
  • FIRE'd and Loving it!
« Reply #944 on: March 01, 2017, 12:24:36 PM »
I may be flying solo...but I'm coming!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #945 on: March 01, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
I may be flying solo...but I'm coming!

Are you flying or biking? Seems like a long way to go on your MS ride!

I'll check email tonight around 9:30.

Cannot Wait!

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
« Reply #946 on: March 01, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »

I am attending.

Nice!

May need to hire her to travel around, attending local Mustachian meetups to promote for Camp Mustaches.

It does look like I should go.

Yay!  :D

Holy Shit.  This is fantastic.  Now all we need is Kreigs!

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #947 on: March 01, 2017, 12:49:36 PM »

Holy Shit.  This is fantastic.  Now all we need is Kreigs!

actually...it has come to my attention that recruitment of BJ has been incomplete so far. I mean, we probably can't fit the ENTIRE forum into one camp, but we can try really hard.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #948 on: March 01, 2017, 01:05:42 PM »
I thought Kriegsy was coming?

NinetyFour

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #949 on: March 01, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »

I am attending.

Nice!

It was actually a group effort.  :)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!