Author Topic: Camp Mustache Canada - 2017  (Read 347937 times)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Camp Mustache Canada - 2017
« Reply #550 on: December 08, 2016, 03:38:37 PM »
The next release will be Feb 1... if I have the catering menu put together.

I already have a meal plan for the event, but meal prices may change depending on market etc.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #551 on: December 08, 2016, 09:17:51 PM »
@rockstache Are u thinking of coming?? Woot!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #552 on: December 09, 2016, 05:38:11 AM »
Someone's gotta convert the money.  Better the sender paying the fees than you paying the fees on that for everyone, IMO.

I think Elaine's point is that she can use USD, so she doesn't actually have to convert the cash she receives, thereby saving the fees charged by banks/PayPal for the conversion service. She just uses the agreed-upon conversion rate to decide how much of her Canadian cash to give Prospector. No money actually leaves either country.

For example, the bank earns the spread (1) when I convert my RMB to CDN, but the sending bank also charges me 3% of the total amount (2), plus the receiving bank charges me $150 fee (3) to receive and process the transfer. So I'm typically charged three times when I convert a large amount of money. Elaine is basically saving everyone fees (2) and (3). At least that's the way I understand it.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #553 on: December 09, 2016, 06:11:20 AM »
FWIW, as of last night, $50USD = $63.88 CAD using the bank rate. The cheque drawn on Bank of America went through without the teller batting an eye.

Paper cheques truly are not an issue at this end. Paypal/E-transfers may be more convenient at your end, but for me it makes no difference. I drive past our bank twice a day.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #554 on: December 09, 2016, 07:13:14 AM »
Awesome! Have several beers on me.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #555 on: December 09, 2016, 07:21:49 AM »
Awesome! Have several beers on me.

Yuppers - a 6-pack is almost exactly that. But I applied the excess to your CMC account for now.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #556 on: December 09, 2016, 07:41:46 AM »
Someone's gotta convert the money.  Better the sender paying the fees than you paying the fees on that for everyone, IMO.

I think Elaine's point is that she can use USD, so she doesn't actually have to convert the cash she receives, thereby saving the fees charged by banks/PayPal for the conversion service. She just uses the agreed-upon conversion rate to decide how much of her Canadian cash to give Prospector. No money actually leaves either country.

For example, the bank earns the spread (1) when I convert my RMB to CDN, but the sending bank also charges me 3% of the total amount (2), plus the receiving bank charges me $150 fee (3) to receive and process the transfer. So I'm typically charged three times when I convert a large amount of money. Elaine is basically saving everyone fees (2) and (3). At least that's the way I understand it.

Yep and yep :)

I just hate fees lol!

e.g. according to yesterday's exchange rate, you should have gotten $66.029 (or thereabouts since it fluctuates). Instead, you got dinged almost $3 in fees. Its no big deal in the grand scheme of things I know :) It's not much extra work for me to shift the money around. Plus, my husband pointed out last night that we get to exchange for more USD without extra fees on our end too. Don't know how much this helps since we typically wait for optimal exchange rates to exchange money and we still have a couple of years worth of US$ that we accumulated when it was at par - but I'll go with it!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #557 on: December 09, 2016, 08:02:26 AM »
To keep things clear, it is now your choice how you wish to pay.

If you got a spot in the presale, all payments can come through me except US funds e-transfers and US paypal. If you wish to do either of those, please PM Elaine. Elaine represents herself and rates and fees are between you and her.

I can accept US checks, Canadian Cheques, some US e-transfers (via Interac), and I have opened a "Personal" Paypal linked to the event and tied to the event bank account. I am not sure how well Tangerine will like the paypal being in a different name to the account, but we will see. If you pay using the Paypal, be ready for nutty fees. Elaine's is a US paypal account tied to a US bank, so should run more smoothly, but with the extra step of Elaine transferring your cash to me using Canadian banks and e-transfers.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #558 on: December 09, 2016, 08:12:42 AM »

If you got a spot in the presale, all payments can come through me except US funds e-transfers and US paypal. If you wish to do either of those, please PM Elaine. Elaine represents herself and rates and fees are between you and her.

I can accept US checks, Canadian Cheques, some US e-transfers (via Interac), and I have opened a "Personal" Paypal linked to the event and tied to the event bank account. I am not sure how well Tangerine will like the paypal being in a different name to the account, but we will see. If you pay using the Paypal, be ready for nutty fees. Elaine's is a US paypal account tied to a US bank, so should run more smoothly, but with the extra step of Elaine transferring your cash to me using Canadian banks and e-transfers.

Thanks to our awesome organizer for explaining it all so clearly :)

Monkeyjenga and CherryLane: I am sending you a PM with my US Paypal info. Since we're internet strangers, I'll also send you my personal FB info so if I try to run off with your money, you can send thugs to my office!

EDIT: For exchange rate, I'd like to go with the avg exchange rate of the previous month as published by the Bank of Canada. With the daily fluctuations, it will be very disconcerting to see different numbers arriving in my US bank account. So each month, I'll publish the exchange rate I'm offering. Like Prospector said, its entirely your choice how you wish to pay - all he cares about is that the correct amount of Cdn $ arrives in his account so he can pay CMC's bills.

For December payments, I'm going with USD37.20 for CDN$50 (Exchange rate of 0.74415836).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 08:25:58 AM by elaine amj »

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #559 on: December 09, 2016, 08:17:47 AM »

Oh yeah - and I can do all things Canadian, of course.

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #560 on: December 09, 2016, 07:36:05 PM »

I'm kicking it around. I'd realllly love to!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #561 on: December 09, 2016, 07:36:45 PM »

Do it!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #562 on: December 09, 2016, 08:44:56 PM »

*joins the chant*

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!!!!!

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #563 on: December 10, 2016, 05:50:03 AM »
2 more envelopes in the mail this weekend. One from Eastern Ontario, one from Iowa.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #564 on: December 10, 2016, 07:29:53 AM »
2 more envelopes in the mail this weekend. One from Eastern Ontario, one from Iowa.

Woohoo - the tinfoil made it!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #565 on: December 10, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »
And one should be me!

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #566 on: December 10, 2016, 02:55:56 PM »
My new passport arrived in the mail today!

(The most pressing need is for a trip I'm taking in three weeks, but also necessary for CMC).

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #567 on: December 11, 2016, 11:59:52 PM »
All but 3 spots in the presale are now paid! Thanks guys! If I received your payment this weekend, check your email for a message. If you have sent cash and not gotten an email recognizing it, please email me and I'll confirm on the sprteadsheet.

jordanread

« Reply #568 on: December 15, 2016, 03:11:50 AM »
MXT is going. She was planning on attending with me, but just in case I can't get in, I may or may not bundle her in a suitcase and ship her up there. MXT will be there. Please make it worth it for her.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:21:35 AM by jordanread »

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #569 on: December 15, 2016, 03:34:10 AM »
MXT is going. She was planning on attending with me, but just in case I can't get in, I may or may not bundle her in a suitcase and ship her up there. MXT will be there. Please make it worth her for her.

Tell her that there is a hug waiting for her from me. (If she's a hugger.)

jordanread

« Reply #570 on: December 15, 2016, 04:24:26 AM »
MXT is going. She was planning on attending with me, but just in case I can't get in, I may or may not bundle her in a suitcase and ship her up there. MXT will be there. Please make it worth her for her.

Meh, she's indifferent. Hug her!! It'll be awesome. Also, there is like 10 months to go.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #571 on: December 15, 2016, 04:31:23 AM »

Meh, she's indifferent. Hug her!! It'll be awesome. Also, there is like 10 months to go.

I have faith that pbk never forgets a promised hug, just based on the little I know of her.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

pbkmaine

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #572 on: December 15, 2016, 04:32:34 AM »

I have faith that pbk never forgets a promised hug, just based on the little I know of her.

True, that.

jordanread

« Reply #573 on: December 15, 2016, 04:34:51 AM »

True, that.
Honestly, it's going to be like the chest bump, minus the falling over. Good stuff. Except I don't think I'll tell her.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #574 on: December 31, 2016, 03:46:37 PM »
I need to introduce a new speaker in the morning. If I'm a little weary (late) after a night out, will you guys be Gentle? Also, two ppl submitted intros. Do you wanna hear about personal finance or real Estate?

This tablet capitalizes random words. How do I stop That?

jordanread

« Reply #575 on: December 31, 2016, 07:02:23 PM »
Android or apple tablet? Keyboard settings on an android, on an apple, I couldn't tell you. I vote for real estate, and I'll be relatively gentle.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #576 on: January 01, 2017, 04:48:26 AM »
You know you set the rules and can post the info later in the day, or even on the 2nd, right?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #577 on: January 01, 2017, 07:07:15 PM »
I set the rules, yes. I also hold myself to mediocre standard... As promised:

SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENT:

If you follow the Canada Money Forum, you know "Berubeland" as one of the more prolific posters on the realities for Landlording and property management there. Witty, smart, and to the point, Rachelle is the sort of person who you want on your side in a tenant dispute. Her understanding of both the technical side of landlord and tenant laws in Ontario, her ability to read individuals and cut through to the essence of a situation, and her own business acumen have lead her to a position as one of the better landlord advocates around - but she's not a romantic when it comes to real estate.

Her pragmatic approach to real estate investments and her ability to read past the fluff and deep into data have won her recognition in national newspapers and on local committees. Rachelle is President of Landlord Rescue Inc, and possibly the most bearish property manager south of the Arctic Circle. For the last 20 years she has managed multi residential buildings, commercial strip plazas, townhouse complexes, duplexes, houses, and lots of condos. Her hobby is busting up REIT ponzi schemes  and using her critical thinking to shed light on some common memes in the industry.

I hope you are looking forward to Rachelle Berube's presentation as much as I am - please welcome her to the forum and the camp!

Bikeguy

• Stubble
« Reply #578 on: January 01, 2017, 07:09:16 PM »
Following

Berubeland

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #579 on: January 01, 2017, 08:09:51 PM »
Hi All,

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I will answer any questions you feel need answering.

Any suggestions for topics?

jordanread

« Reply #580 on: January 01, 2017, 08:34:58 PM »
Hi All,

I'm looking forward to the weekend. I will answer any questions you feel need answering.

I do know a few people, myself included, for whom the legal specifics won't be too relevant (seeing as how I just learned where Ontario was). Seeing as how this is Camp Mustache Canada, I assume that stuff is going to be prevalent, as it should. However, I'd be very interested in the kind of approach one takes, and issues to identify that transcend borders. Almost like a list of things to stay aware of, regardless of the laws. Practices that facilitate getting to the data, approaches with tenants, and stuff like that.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. We have fun here.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #581 on: January 01, 2017, 09:01:14 PM »
Hi All,

Topic 1: How super awesome Prospector is.
Topic 2: What is the best time of year for buying and setting up a rental. We bought in late fall and will be straddling tax years, and are now worried about a late winter tenant placement. Both from a tax and tenant perspective, what is the best target date for buying/occupancy? Why?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #582 on: January 01, 2017, 10:03:43 PM »
Also, I'm curious - anyone doing a Norbert's Gambit to convert funds? I was just reading back on Elaine's cash conversions for American attendees, and wondering. Since we're headed south this spring, I tried selling the idea around here, but Momma would have none of it.

Instead we're taking a DCA approach and converting $XXX each pay from now until we head out.

In any case, if anyone does the gambit, I want all the details of how it pans out. Does this even work converting US cash this way, do you guys have any cross-border banks?

For those who may benefit, here is our keynote speaker's take on the trick of moving money by buying ETFs: http://canadiancouchpotato.com/2013/12/03/norberts-gambit-the-complete-guide/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:09:44 PM by Prospector »

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #583 on: January 02, 2017, 01:03:09 AM »
Also, I'm curious - anyone doing a Norbert's Gambit to convert funds? I was just reading back on Elaine's cash conversions for American attendees, and wondering. Since we're headed south this spring, I tried selling the idea around here, but Momma would have none of it.

I did this once. To convert CAD to USD, using Questrade. It worked, but hassle and not sure if I would do it again.
I was doing it with funds for house down payment, it was on order of $50,000 or something, so it was worth it for me to try and get best exchange rate.

It worked as it should have, BUT, the whole time I was nervous that I would mess something up. And then later I ended up with USD in a Canadian brokerage and found the only convenient way I had to get that back to a US bank was by wire transfer, which had all kinds of fees involved.

So in practice, I did get an exchange rate very close to spot
BUT I took several days trying to decide how to do it, and the day to day variance in the exchange rate might have swamped any gains

Berubeland

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #584 on: January 02, 2017, 08:39:28 AM »
Topic 1: How super awesome Prospector is.

Prospector is a very special person. It's hard to quantify how super awesome he is, but I'll try. A normal person like myself would only possess 10 or 20 units of super awesome. Super awesome is variable, and differs depending which direction you are looking and even your perspective. For instance, if I'm performing an eviction the tenant would see only -1 units of super awesome and the landlord might give me a score of 99 super awesome units. My husband usually thinks I'm at least 50 super awesome units, but if I ask him to do the dishes it immediately decreases.

Back to Prospector now, he possesses a grahams number of super awesome units https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number. In fact I have no idea how he can even fit all those super awesome units in his body. It may even break the laws of physics, but the gravitational pull of the super awesome units just keep it all contained in one person. But I won't lie, the stresses involved may one day cause a super awesome super nova and where Prospector used to be...just a super awesome crater or even a super awesome black hole or even a super awesome non-planet.

He's that super awesome ;-) the only person with a greater amount of super awesome is my son, who possesses infinity super super super super awesome units.

Topic 2: What is the best time of year for buying and setting up a rental. We bought in late fall and will be straddling tax years, and are now worried about a late winter tenant placement. Both from a tax and tenant perspective, what is the best target date for buying/occupancy? Why?

The best time of year to set up your rental varies according to the "season" in Toronto that season is from June to September. It also depends on what type of rental you have, with smaller less expensive apartments appealing to more mobile/transient renters. The facts are that no matter when you buy your rental you need to try to rent it and that can be challenging.

For instance I listed a 4 bedroom house in North Oshawa December 19th and I just rented it for January 1st because the people had a fire in their house. I was not expecting that, generally these properties linger on through the winter but thee owner will get to rerent it for September 1 because that is the best rental month of the year. I took an 8 month lease on it....

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #585 on: January 02, 2017, 08:49:46 AM »
Questions:
1. When should you handle all property management yourself and when should you hire a property management company?
2. What is an acceptable fee range for a property management company?
3. What are the skills and characteristics of a successful real estate investor / mogul?
4. Residential vs. commercial real estate.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #586 on: January 02, 2017, 09:05:35 AM »
I may disagree with your ranking of Prospero quiiite so highly on the super awesome scale, but I appreciate your thorough analysis.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #587 on: January 02, 2017, 11:34:14 AM »
Because I am super-awesome (no matter what Jenga says), I have two announcements:

1. Room rates for ppl with primates and games in their names have just gone up by 500%.
2. A second speaker announcement:

SPEAKER ANNOUNCEMENT #3 - Opening Speaker

Our opening speaker has spent most of her career working in nonprofit jobs, directly coaching low-income folks to overcome perceived barriers to their success. Her program has captured the imagination of individuals in the northwest featuring her as a speaker at financial conferences and on blogs and podcasts. Applying principals of frugality and budgeting has seen her experiment with a wide variety of lifestyles including living in a geodesic dome made of political yard signs, on a tree platform,  as a full-time live-in social worker, surrounded by thieving monkeys in the national forest of Karnataka, India, and in a broken-down RV at a hippie commune. She's exceptionally experienced at non-traditional ways to accomplish living, traveling, saving, and giving to charity with limited means thanks to earning less than $15,000 annually most years of her working life. She now teaches personal finance classes to young adults, transforming the wisdom of Ziggy Stardust into lessons about credit & budgeting.

Doing all this while pumping out an e-zine, podcasts, and blog is no small feat!

We are pleased to announce MONSTERMONSTER (AKA Ms. Ziggy Stardust) as our kickoff speaker for Friday afternoon at CampMustache Canada!

Berubeland

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #588 on: January 02, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »
Questions:
1. When should you handle all property management yourself and when should you hire a property management company?

It depends on a lot of different reasons but the most crucial question really is Do you really want to be a landlord? Are you suited to doing the things landlord do? To be honest any owner with a willingness to learn and a decent amount of time and some common sense can do the job. In some cases, they can do better than I can because they have one property and I have many to deal with.

They don't have the expertise or experience any property manager would have, but ultimately it's not the manager's property so you have more self interest.

Overtime, I've noticed that I do have a lot of skill I take for granted. Some of my owners have hired me for one rental and one year of property management and then set out on their own with my blessing.

However... if you are out of the country or too far away, it's just irresponsible not to have someone who can take care of issues. I have also noticed I add a lot of issue when dealing with condo corps. When it starts to leak for some reason they like to find a reason to charge the owner. I had one recently threaten to charge an owner back because of negligence because the tenant didn't report "fast enough" one rudely worded email later and that was the last I heard about charging the owner back.

2. What is an acceptable fee range for a property management company?

It depends on the service they offer. 5-10% is standard and really it depends what you need.

3. What are the skills and characteristics of a successful real estate investor / mogul?

It really depends. I would say being financially prudent is an asset and this is common characteristic. Generally the best real estate investors have an affinity and an edge of some kind. Some people excel at low income properties, others have an eye for deals, others buy for appreciation.

One of my favorite investors was a terrible manager but he was an excellent business man. He bought this one property with three buildings on it. He severed the lots and sold one building for what he had paid for the whole lot. Then he sold off this one parcel with a convenience store on it and kept this strip mall type plaza with 6 stores and 6 apartments above it. But he had 3 run down empty apartments that were vacant in there and an empty store. I got them filled up for him.

Real Estate is a long term retirement plan more than it is a get 20 properties quick and roll in the dough plan. I laugh whenever someone tells me real estate is passive income. It's more of a side gig, you won't get approved for mortgages unless you have income.

4. Residential vs. commercial real estate.

Residential is easy to get into, and you can get some appreciation. There are plenty of tenants.

Commercial generally has higher barriers to entry and appreciation is based on increased income. Tenants tend to be fewer and farther between and you may have some very long vacancy gaps. Property taxes are much higher. Once you have a tenant... they may stay for 20 years or more and as a landlord you have the rules on your side upon renewal of the lease. Commercial tenancies are complex.

jordanread

« Reply #589 on: January 03, 2017, 07:10:46 AM »
Holy shit! M2 is coming too? This is going to be awesome.

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #590 on: January 03, 2017, 02:47:27 PM »
I ordered my free Canadian national parks pass posted somehwere on these forums.

This makes it more likely that I will be visiting Canada this year and CMC as well.

Now I just need to follow through with a 2017 FIRE to make it all happen.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #591 on: January 06, 2017, 02:29:05 PM »
I ordered my free Canadian national parks pass posted somehwere on these forums.

This makes it more likely that I will be visiting Canada this year and CMC as well.

Now I just need to follow through with a 2017 FIRE to make it all happen.

What I don't unnerstand about the free parks pass... if its free admission, why do people need to get a pass? Like wouldn't it be cheaper to just shake everyone's hand as they go through th egate instead of printing/mailing out thousands of passes?

And be careful, the pass ONLY gets free admission. You will still have to pay for camping and other activities. We had some friends talking about boating through the Trent Canal on their free pass, and we pointed out that the admission to the canal is covered (its always been free), but not locking fees.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #592 on: January 06, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »
I agree. From what I can figure out, I will likely only get limited use out of mine. Locally, we have a national historic site (but my teens are rather old for this) and a national park (where we do like to go hiking/biking/canoeing) about an hour away. I've looked into other National Parks in the areas I expect to travel but unfortunately, none of them will really work out for my travel plans for 2017. We are camping - but will be going to Ontario Provincial Parks and our camping permits will give us access to all other parks during our trip anyway.

I was mostly hoping for extra hiking, etc but none are really located where I plan to be. I should have been smarter and planned a big road trip out east. Or even to Ottawa/Montreal.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #593 on: January 06, 2017, 04:13:30 PM »
What I don't unnerstand about the free parks pass... if its free admission, why do people need to get a pass? Like wouldn't it be cheaper to just shake everyone's hand as they go through th egate instead of printing/mailing out thousands of passes?

Awareness.  They could advertise it as free, or they could add the tiny "cost" to people of taking the time to sign up for it, wait to receive it, etc.

That makes people value it more, and having a "pass" makes it seem exclusive, versus anyone who can just show up.

The printing and mailing is essentially a marketing cost to get people to actually GO to the parks.

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #594 on: January 06, 2017, 06:23:56 PM »

Awareness.  They could advertise it as free, or they could add the tiny "cost" to people of taking the time to sign up for it, wait to receive it, etc.

That makes people value it more, and having a "pass" makes it seem exclusive, versus anyone who can just show up.

The printing and mailing is essentially a marketing cost to get people to actually GO to the parks.

And it gave me something spiffy to put in DH's Christmas stocking!

ElleFiji

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #595 on: January 06, 2017, 08:39:45 PM »
They pay the cost to send out the passes, and get your contact information for ever and ever.

lucy16076

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #596 on: January 11, 2017, 04:25:13 AM »
Did I read that the next tickets will go on sale Feb 1st?  Will there be a link here on this forum?
This is the first I'm hearing about MMM coming home to CANADA!! So exciting! Hope I don't miss it!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #597 on: January 11, 2017, 04:40:47 AM »
Did I read that the next tickets will go on sale Feb 1st?  Will there be a link here on this forum?
This is the first I'm hearing about MMM coming home to CANADA!! So exciting! Hope I don't miss it!
MMM will not be there, as I understand it, as CMC is scheduled during the week of FINCon, which he attends.

He does annually travel back to Canada to visit family, and sometimes does a meetup, I believe.

If he does the same as the presale, Prospector will be posting instructions on ordering the next batch of tickets in the first post of this thread (and a countdown to when that will be a few days before, so just watch this thread). :)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #598 on: January 11, 2017, 05:50:04 AM »
MMM will not be there, as I understand it, as CMC is scheduled during the week of FINCon, which he attends.

He does annually travel back to Canada to visit family, and sometimes does a meetup, I believe.

If he does the same as the presale, Prospector will be posting instructions on ordering the next batch of tickets in the first post of this thread (and a countdown to when that will be a few days before, so just watch this thread). :)

All true, and well said - don't count on Feb 1 though - still working with the venue on food pricing. Maybe first half of February. Keep watching this space and I'll announce here.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #599 on: January 13, 2017, 11:47:53 AM »
Just heard back from venue and have 2 important news tidbits...

1. I got a menu and THE MEATBALL PARTY IS ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!!
2. We can send our deposit anytime.

Since all these wonderful people sent in their deposits we are ready. Thanks to everyone who participated in the pre-sale to make securing the venue possible!!

As soon as I nail down the menu and send in our deposit, I will be able to allocate schwag* and equipment budgets easily, and we will be ready for an early February sale of the remaining bunks.

*Schwag budget will be small. I have heard your cries, Oh mustachians, and know that a minimalist/frugal crowd does not have much need of "stuff".