Author Topic: Camp Mustache Canada - 2017  (Read 347888 times)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Camp Mustache Canada - 2017
« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2016, 06:38:39 AM »
Snackster - paypal requires a commercial account or takes 3%, and charges a premium on currency conversion. That could really add up on this.

G-Dog - wanna be the first to reserve a spot at CMC 2016? I'll PM you if you are a willing guinea pig. I also wonder if email transfers are bank-specific in the US. It seems to me that you guys have multiple systems that don't all play nice with each other and that is why interac took longer to catch on down there.

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2016, 06:42:29 AM »
Are there any private rooms available? You know, for introverts (that may or may not snore)?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2016, 06:45:21 AM »
Friends who dwell south of the greatest nation on earth

I haven't seen a ton of Mustachians from Mexico on the forums.  Lady in Baja may be able to help.

For tickets, have you looked into the site CM uses?  Brown Paper Tickets, or something like that?  I'm sure they charge a fee, but they take credit cards and handle all of that stuff.  I think you'll just have to include the fact that fees will cost money too, into the ticket price.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #103 on: November 18, 2016, 06:46:11 AM »
Are there any private rooms available? You know, for introverts (that may or may not snore)?

Sadly, no - at least not that I am aware of. But you can pick roomies and I will do my best to keep you together. It is 4 to a room. (unless we get a non-divisible by 4 number of people, then there would be a room or two with less than 4 people in it)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #104 on: November 18, 2016, 06:53:14 AM »
Friends who dwell south of the greatest nation on earth

I haven't seen a ton of Mustachians from Mexico on the forums.  Lady in Baja may be able to help.

For tickets, have you looked into the site CM uses?  Brown Paper Tickets, or something like that?  I'm sure they charge a fee, but they take credit cards and handle all of that stuff.  I think you'll just have to include the fact that fees will cost money too, into the ticket price.

I have looked at a few different ticketing sites, but for the scope of this, I think a simple spreadsheet will be fine. One of the challenges with these sites that CM doesn't face is that in preselling, I am setting a select group of people who will be able to pay for the "part 2" of the tickets - most of those sites have no mechanism to do that. I can PM you details, but I think you can already see the issue with a 2-piece sale like this. I have yet to find a platform that does this elegantly. OTOH, on a group of only 50-60 attendees (which really means something like 30 sales once you include spouses) I should be able to manage a list in a simple spreadsheet.

Also, populating the spreadsheet will give me the ability to assign rooms/keep friends together which in turn simplifies the bunk assignment at the tail end. Apparently bunk assignments can get messy really fast.  I'd rather have folks do it themselves and save me the headache.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #105 on: November 18, 2016, 06:58:48 AM »
Snackster - paypal requires a commercial account or takes 3%, and charges a premium on currency conversion. That could really add up on this.

G-Dog - wanna be the first to reserve a spot at CMC 2016? I'll PM you if you are a willing guinea pig. I also wonder if email transfers are bank-specific in the US. It seems to me that you guys have multiple systems that don't all play nice with each other and that is why interac took longer to catch on down there.

Sure thing. You have my direct email too (bar house poster).
 My crappy Google search so far has only revealed that PayPal not only nails you on fees, but also on currency exchange. Others also tack on fees and/or payment processing seems excessively slow in Canada - long hold times. I have a couple of bank accounts, and can talk to each, I also have online banking, checks (cheques), as well as cold hard cash and stamps!
Could the deposits be made directly to the venue, which likely already accepts credit cards?
Could you get set up as an Amazon seller for free, and we could pay via Amazon?

Why is this so hard?

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #106 on: November 18, 2016, 07:01:01 AM »
can you tell me if email money transfers work down there - or if they work cross-border? I am vastly ignorant on this.

Interact money transfers? Probably would be tricky for USA'ians, no simple way to make it work I'd bet.

This question from their FAQ seems to indicate same:
"Currently the Interac e-Transfer service is only available to those who bank at a Canadian financial institution and have a Canadian currency account. You will not be able to deposit your Interac e-Transfer to a foreign bank account. If you have received an Interac e-Transfer and you do not have a Canadian bank account, ask your sender to cancel the transfer. Once the transfer is cancelled, the funds will be returned to the sender's account. If you are unable to contact your sender, the transfer will expire in approximately 30 days. Once the transfer expires, the sender will receive a notification to reclaim the funds."

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #107 on: November 18, 2016, 07:10:53 AM »
Why is this so hard?

A lot to reasons, but primarily liability and cost, in three distinct ways:
1) Fraud risk.  Both the idea of a hacked account (someone paying for something using someone else's account/info/etc.), and the idea of someone paying legitimately, but disputing it.  Getting hit with fraud costs them money, adding barriers to stop it costs money and resources, and they could be liable if it's not handled correctly.

2) Government requirements.  Post war on drugs, lots of banking requirements around tracking money to stop money laundering; post 9-11, same thing, but to stop terrorism.  Staying compliant with this costs money, and being incompliant risks liability.

3) Security.  When dealing with people's financial data (CC info, bank accounts), keeping it secure costs money and resources, and exposes them to liability if they don't handle it correctly.

Any of those three things can make the payment entity liable for various issues and pushes their costs up.  Thus they need to charge enough to not only cover all normal business operations (customer service, IT, etc.) but also deal with these issues, exacerbated due to the potential amount of money being dealt with regularly.

Thus there's very few players, and they're somewhat expensive.  Honestly, it's interesting that they don't cost more, with more hoops.

Anyways, hope that helps explain.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2016, 07:18:42 AM »
At this point my best solution is to find a volunteer stateside who can act as a collection point for American banking. That volunteer could send me a single "gift" via paypal of all monies collected from US attendees. This will dodge paypal fees. once we have our beds filled, the volunteer would go silent until we were ready to accept payment in full.

I am guessing that the American volunteer would be familiar with american banking and could find a way to get timestamped reservations into some sort of a holding account.

Paper cheques are my last resort. They would work well and could be deposited with a simple cell phone app. The issue with them is that if I get a call for 65 beds, and the last 7 come in the same mail packet, how do I (fairly) judge who gets the last spot?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:37:18 AM by Prospector »

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2016, 07:26:39 AM »
Why is this so hard?

A lot to reasons, but primarily liability and cost, in three distinct ways:
1) Fraud risk.  Both the idea of a hacked account (someone paying for something using someone else's account/info/etc.), and the idea of someone paying legitimately, but disputing it.  Getting hit with fraud costs them money, adding barriers to stop it costs money and resources, and they could be liable if it's not handled correctly.

2) Government requirements.  Post war on drugs, lots of banking requirements around tracking money to stop money laundering; post 9-11, same thing, but to stop terrorism.  Staying compliant with this costs money, and being incompliant risks liability.

3) Security.  When dealing with people's financial data (CC info, bank accounts), keeping it secure costs money and resources, and exposes them to liability if they don't handle it correctly.

Any of those three things can make the payment entity liable for various issues and pushes their costs up.  Thus they need to charge enough to not only cover all normal business operations (customer service, IT, etc.) but also deal with these issues, exacerbated due to the potential amount of money being dealt with regularly.

Thus there's very few players, and they're somewhat expensive.  Honestly, it's interesting that they don't cost more, with more hoops.

Anyways, hope that helps explain.  :)

I wasn't actually expecting an answer ;), but thanks.

I guess I just feel like it's stupid hard because no authority cares to make it more straightforward - no reward for them as we remain on the hook no matter what. Couple with US financial security efforts for individuals (confidentiality, fraud, privacy, security - all of it) being an absolute fucking joke - yeah, bite me! But then there's money laundering, terrorism, other fraud ......

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2016, 07:46:57 AM »
Because I've never sent a Nigerian prince cash... how much does it cost to do a WU money transfer? Are they expensive? I know they work internationally*

*see Nigerian Prince comment

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2016, 08:04:14 AM »

Sadly, no - at least not that I am aware of. But you can pick roomies and I will do my best to keep you together. It is 4 to a room. (unless we get a non-divisible by 4 number of people, then there would be a room or two with less than 4 people in it)

I would sign up to share in the Introverts Who May or May Not Snore room! 

Prospector - I was just about to suggest a second organizer in the U.S. who could collect the American deposits then transfer to you. 

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2016, 08:06:03 AM »
Thanks Okits! - Great Minds etc.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #113 on: November 18, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »
can you tell me if email money transfers work down there - or if they work cross-border? I am vastly ignorant on this.

Interact money transfers? Probably would be tricky for USA'ians, no simple way to make it work I'd bet.

This question from their FAQ seems to indicate same:
"Currently the Interac e-Transfer service is only available to those who bank at a Canadian financial institution and have a Canadian currency account. You will not be able to deposit your Interac e-Transfer to a foreign bank account. If you have received an Interac e-Transfer and you do not have a Canadian bank account, ask your sender to cancel the transfer. Once the transfer is cancelled, the funds will be returned to the sender's account. If you are unable to contact your sender, the transfer will expire in approximately 30 days. Once the transfer expires, the sender will receive a notification to reclaim the funds."

PayPal also has an email money transfer, which is tricky to decipher fees on.

From their website:

Free money transfer.
It’s free to send money to friends or family in Canada using your PayPal balance or bank account. When you use a credit card or a Visa Debit card, there is a flat fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction. You can also send money online internationally for a small fee.

So its free to send money, except that there might be a fee if your account draws from a CC. If you have a balance in your PP account, I guess it is free. But that's all on the sender's side, so the event would not be affected by it.

On my end though...

That’s a small price to pay for accepting all forms of payments from over 192 million customers worldwide. There are no hidden fees. You don’t pay anything until you get paid for your sale. The more you sell, the less you pay.

Sales within Canada:2.2% to 2.9% + $0.30 CAD per transaction
Sales to the US:2.7% to 3.7% transaction fee + fixed fee (based on currency received)*

Since the total budget on this is about $12,000 (=60*200), we would be looking at paypal fees in the order of $400-$500. I think we can be smarter than that. If we get a US Mustachian, they can mail me one cheque/money order/traveller's cheque/bank draft with all the American fees on it and we can deposit it for free. Easy peasy.

RamonaQ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #114 on: November 18, 2016, 08:36:54 AM »
Hmm, this is only about 3.5 hours from Detroit, which would be totally driveable.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2016, 08:40:23 AM »
Just do paypal.  It's easiest.

You can set, when making the payment, to make sure the recipient receives $XXX in whatever currency amount you want, and for you to pay the fees.

So I could select "Prospector, receive $X (ticket cost) CAD, I pay fees" and it'd calculate the USD cost off of that, and you'd receive the full CAD amount.

Cannot Wait!

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
« Reply #116 on: November 18, 2016, 08:54:24 AM »
And it comes with a bed pan and catheter!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #117 on: November 18, 2016, 09:04:06 AM »
Hmm, this is only about 3.5 hours from Detroit, which would be totally driveable.

TOTALLY! And you can hitch a ride with G-Dog since its on his way!! Carpooling FTW!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #118 on: November 18, 2016, 09:12:30 AM »
So far south!  Should be tropical in October (well, tropical by Ottawa standards).  Good excuse to visit with DD before and after, no way I'm doing that drive all at once!  But tentatively* I am in. 

*Only problem is if my house is slow to sell and I have house stuff that weekend.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2016, 09:25:29 AM »

TOTALLY! And you can hitch a ride with G-Dog since its on her his way!! Carpooling FTW!

FTFY

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2016, 09:49:02 AM »

TOTALLY! And you can hitch a ride with G-Dog since its on her his way!! Carpooling FTW!

FTFY

Sorry about that. Related: Main reason for holding this event... to reduce the number of gender reversals I have on here.

rockstache

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2016, 09:53:51 AM »
I doubt I can go, but it sounds SO cool. I just want to follow along.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2016, 09:54:55 AM »

FTFY

Sorry about that. Related: Main reason for holding this event... to reduce the number of gender reversals I have on here.

I am in no way offended - just wish my employers had paid me on that scale! I've purposefully posted, particularly, early on, as gender neutral as possible. Interesting to see some folks posts and assumptions and biases exposed. 

Cherry Lane

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Handlebar Stache
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2016, 11:12:01 AM »
I'm very interested in this.  Flights from DCA to YTO are currently running 250 USD for that weekend.  I'm not particularly keen on the alternate 9-hour drive or 18-hour megabus ride.

tardis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2016, 11:55:53 AM »

You can set, when making the payment, to make sure the recipient receives $XXX in whatever currency amount you want, and for you to pay the fees.

So I could select "Prospector, receive $X (ticket cost) CAD, I pay fees" and it'd calculate the USD cost off of that, and you'd receive the full CAD amount.

+1. Simpler=better in situations like this, even if it costs a little more.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2016, 12:08:51 PM »
Think I've found the easiest way - and it looks like it will be using Seattle's template...

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2016, 12:29:21 PM »
Seeing the FB talk on CM (Seattle) - I have created a closed FB group for this event that ticket buyers only will be invited to join. It is not a requirement that you join the group. If you buy a ticket, there will be a radio button asking if you would like to be added to the FB group. If you tick "yes" I will add you using a) the name you buy the ticket under, or b) the email you use to buy the ticket.

If I can't find you, I will send an email explaining that I can't find you. FB is not a strength.

Right now its just me and Momma in the FB group. It is lonely. To be clear though - I intend to announce every minute fucking detail OMG Prospector would you shut up already!! all the important things here.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:34:09 PM by Prospector »

Cannot Wait!

• Handlebar Stache
  • FIREd 2016 @ 49
« Reply #127 on: November 18, 2016, 01:11:15 PM »
Did I miss something?   Can you buy tickets yet?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
Reservations aren't live yet. I'll post here when it happens. (According to the ticketing site that happens on average in one day, nine hours, and 2 minutes.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:56:06 PM by Prospector »

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #129 on: November 18, 2016, 02:35:36 PM »
I'm very interested in this.  Flights from DCA to YTO are currently running 250 USD for that weekend.  I'm not particularly keen on the alternate 9-hour drive or 18-hour megabus ride.

If you fly in, try to arrange with others to form a carpool.

There is a transit connection from each Toronto airport to Union Station (downtown Toronto)

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/maps.aspx#

From Union Station you would catch the Lakeshore West (GO) train to Aldershot Station. As the event approaches we will organize a carpool between Aldershot GO station and the venue. Alternatively, if folks are flying in at about the same time, carpooling from Pearson may be more convenient than going south to make a trip west.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:03:54 PM by Prospector »

snacky

• Senior Mustachian
  • Forum Dignitary
« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2016, 04:44:58 PM »
Fun fact: The Hamilton airport often has cheaper flights than the Toronto airport, and is near there.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2016, 04:48:30 PM »
Read the latest posts on the CM2016 thread (yes, last year's) in the meetup section for several reasons from several people why Facebook isn't ideal.

CM only added Facebook this last year (the 3rd year) and it was never required to sign up for the event.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #132 on: November 18, 2016, 05:04:12 PM »
Read the latest posts on the CM2016 thread (yes, last year's) in the meetup section for several reasons from several people why Facebook isn't ideal.

CM only added Facebook this last year (the 3rd year) and it was never required to sign up for the event.

Totally agree. But it is a thing people seem to like. Personally I am ambivalent. I'll set up the group but only rarely stop by.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #133 on: November 18, 2016, 05:30:10 PM »

Totally agree. But it is a thing people seem to like. Personally I am ambivalent. I'll set up the group but only rarely stop by.

Did you read the posts? Some like it, yes, others are ambivalent, like you or I, and others actively dislike it (people who don't have FB, people who want privacy, etc.).  Excluding the latter group is a bummer, IMO.  :)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #134 on: November 18, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »
I just read the last 3 or 4 posts. Missed the negative feedback.

Jschange

« Reply #135 on: November 18, 2016, 08:21:28 PM »
Dear Mr. Nigerian Prince Prospector

I am wanting to come to this camp. What is the fee and to where do I email money transfer it?

I am also an introvert who snores, if you're putting us all together.

lostamonkey

• Bristles
« Reply #136 on: November 18, 2016, 08:52:23 PM »
This sounds like a lot of fun. And the price is pretty good for 3 days with food. Unfortunately I can't commit so far ahead of time but if they are tickets available last minute then I might decide to make the trip.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2016, 09:04:06 PM »

FTFY

I am in no way offended - just wish my employers had paid me on that scale! I've purposefully posted, particularly, early on, as gender neutral as possible. Interesting to see some folks posts and assumptions and biases exposed.

Join the club - I tried for gender-neutral posts early on as well, and got a lot of mid-identifications.  Even though the polls show we are about 50/50, there are a lot of assumptions.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2016, 09:09:14 PM »
Teach the Americans curling.

Film your efforts.

For... Science. Yes.

If we do this I will bring my shoes, slider and broom.  Anyone got a push stick?  It is too soon for outdoor ice, but is there a local club that would let us have an hour on the ice?

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2016, 09:12:46 PM »
Can you tell I'm in?  Lower bunk please, for my aged knees and hip joints.  Introvert room please (ladies only, I am old fashioned).  I don't think I snore, but Missy is quiet on that topic.  Be glad I am not bringing her, she snores.

How many bottles of low-carb homemade Bailey's should I bring?  Or one low-carb and one regular?  And wine?  We need to know the menu so we can plan accordingly?

I don't do the Book of Faces, so please keep being nicely detailed here.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:32:48 PM by RetiredAt63 »

tardis

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2016, 09:46:02 PM »
Want to be roomies R63?

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2016, 05:46:13 AM »
Sounds good. Do we both get lower bunks, plan to whisper to each other after lights out, and fall asleep 3 seconds after we go to bed?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #142 on: November 19, 2016, 06:30:51 AM »
Find two more like minded individuals, and we'll have the lady's lounge. Bring scentsy candles and tasteful decor accents.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #143 on: November 19, 2016, 07:04:13 AM »
I'll gladly room with Retired@63and Tardi - if they'll have me!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #144 on: November 19, 2016, 07:15:19 AM »

And G-Dog makes 3!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #145 on: November 19, 2016, 07:19:08 AM »

And G-Dog makes 3!

Maybe we can get MJ to commit!

I may snore, I will be covered in dog hair (from my two dogs) - it may be just like having Missy with you!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #146 on: November 19, 2016, 07:22:04 AM »
Find two more like minded individuals, and we'll have the lady's lounge. Bring scentsy candles and tasteful decor accents.

No scentsy candles for me.  If the leaves are turning we can have little bouquets of red and orange maple leaves.  Are the rooms large enough we can bring a camp chair for quiet introvert retreat time?

Hmm, thinking about quiet introvert retreat time - I am bringing my spinning wheel and spindle.  When stressed, spin.  Get into the zen moment.  Of course spinning when not stressed is also good.  Also bringing knitting.  And maybe my demo spindle and fibre?

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #147 on: November 19, 2016, 07:25:31 AM »

No scentsy candles for me.  If the leaves are turning we can have little bouquets of red and orange maple leaves.  Are the rooms large enough we can bring a camp chair for quiet introvert retreat time?

Hmm, thinking about quiet introvert retreat time - I am bringing my spinning wheel and spindle.  When stressed, spin.  Get into the zen moment.  Of course spinning when not stressed is also good.  Also bringing knitting.  And maybe my demo spindle and fibre?

Will need a spinning demo! I used to do a lot of crafts, but that all fell away as work became more consuming and other hobbies (sports) took their place. Can be kind of pricy though. I know there are boxes with partially finished projects .... Somewhere.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #148 on: November 19, 2016, 07:40:53 AM »

And G-Dog makes 3!

Maybe we can get MJ to commit!

I may snore, I will be covered in dog hair (from my two dogs) - it may be just like having Missy with you!

There is our decor theme - dog pictures.  Cat pictures are welcome too.  And then we can bore MJ talking about our pets.  ;-)

Spinning demos, sure.  When we show kids we have them spin a yarn and then make them bracelets from it - fun times.  How many bracelets will be made/worn by the end of camp?

Hey Prospector, I don't know what kinds of activities you have planned, but maybe some crafty breakout sessions?  I can talk/demo spinning, dyeing (the colour kind, not the dead kind) and toe up socks on magic loop with Fleegle heel.  Or they can just be casual happenings.  I just need a heads-up to bring extra fiber if this is going to be a thing. 

I know the 2 (wonderful) meetups I have been to, there was relatively little money talk, so much other stuff to talk about.  Of course the point of Mustachianism is to behave well with money so you can have the life you want and need, not what society tells you that you should want and need.  So maybe we tend to do a bit more thinking about what we want out of our lives? and then enjoy talking about it with like-minded people? Can you tell from this rambling that I haven't had my coffee yet?

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #149 on: November 19, 2016, 08:18:05 AM »
Ticketing update... no update. The Ticketing website lists our event as "pending approval"

Since I'm at the barnhouse this weekend, I couldn't really act on anything even if tickets were released. Expect to see prebooking open up on Monday at some point. 

G-dog, you are still my Guinea pig. As soon as the site opens up, I'll ping you to be the first customer.