Author Topic: Baltimore  (Read 33769 times)

Singularity

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Baltimore
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2017, 05:47:40 PM »
I'm NE outside Baltimore and interested in meeting fellow mustashians in the greater Baltimore area.

Do we have others interested in a meetup?

twbird18

• Stubble
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2017, 11:20:15 PM »
I currently live in Rockville, but will be moving to Baltimore in the Summer/Fall (once we buy something) for DH to attend JHU so I'd be interested in meeting some people who already live in the area.

panny145

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2017, 08:11:47 PM »
Let's get this ball rolling - anyone living in Baltimore City interested in a meet up to share Mustachian ideas and progress etc.?

fpjeepy

• Stubble
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »
I'm in Annapolis, which isn't far. I'll join if anyone puts something together.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »
Anyone interested in a last minute meetup Friday January 19th during the day?

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2018, 09:19:57 AM »
Is anyone still around? From my search this is the most resent conversion for a meeting near Baltimore. Looks like you all need some ideas. There is a free event near me in Towson called Feet on the Street. Every Friday they shut down a street and have live music. Mostly cover bands but they are normally good and it is a fun environment.

More info: https://www.towsonchamber.com/feet-on-the-street/

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2018, 06:02:49 AM »
Music and mustachians? I'll be downtown Towson tonight for feet on the street. I'll be with my Texas Heeler, she is pretty easy to spot.

Hoping to connect around hiking/camping, music, and what is next after maxing out 401K and HSA.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2018, 07:59:58 AM »
We'll be in the general area soon, and want an excuse to spend some time in Baltimore. Might join you for one of these friday night parties (but not tonight)
Anyone else interested in one?

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2018, 05:41:43 AM »
Sounds good, let us know when you are in town. We would be happy to grill out at our home before hand.

Everyone is welcome.

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2018, 06:58:25 AM »
Putting in a fence this weekend and probably next.

Any interest in July 13th or 20th?

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • Michael Harry Scepaniak's blog
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 12:12:39 PM »
I plan on being at Feet on the Street this Friday evening, July 13th. I have an appt at the Apple Store at 6pm, and then will head over afterward with my girlfriend. If anyone else will be there, let's pick a spot to find each other - maybe at 7pm. Thanks.

https://www.towsonchamber.com/feet-on-the-street/

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2018, 08:15:20 PM »
We will be there Friday with our dog and the oldest lawn chairs you can imagine. Between the pizzaria and the beer table.

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2018, 05:46:14 AM »
That's great! We've never been before, so I'm not sure where the beer table is. But, Google Maps shows a Towson Pizzeria next to Fader's. I'll look around that area. For my part, I have a photo of myself on my blog (link in signature). Only difference is the facial hair will be a bit heavier and grey-er. I'll be with a petite Filipina. Looking forward to it.

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2018, 05:54:17 AM »
Feet on the street was a lot of fun! It is fantastic to connect with others on the same/similar journeys.

Planning to meet at Hunt Valley July 27 for their Friday music 7:30-9:30.

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »
We'll be there. Should be easier to find you two this time. :)

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2018, 06:03:20 PM »
Bummer, looks like it is rained out. Looking forward to seeing you next time.

lisabww

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2018, 11:28:16 AM »
Any meet ups planned? I'm in Evergreen/ Roland Park in Baltimore city. Would love to connect around FI in general and living FI with kids.
Thanks!
Lisa

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2018, 12:27:04 PM »
Woohoo! Another local. :) I'm a big fan of Evergreen.

There's nothing planned. I went backpacking with sytar7 (Sarah and Alex) the other weekend. How about the Greek Festival in Mt. Vernon the weekend of Nov 3rd? https://goannun.org/ Deborah (my S.O.) would prefer Saturday, but I'm up for any of the days - Thu, Fri, Sat, or Sun. Thoughts?

Mike....

lisabww

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2018, 08:39:47 PM »
That sounds great, Mike! I think Saturday should work for us too - especially if around noon as my daughter takes music classes at BSA on Saturdays so we will be down there!
Let's keep in touch but I have it on the calendar!

Evergreen is great - wonderful neighbors and close to sooo much (especially since the Birds have come out - there are always a few nearby!)

Just a question - are there any meet ups or groups meeting in the area around FI or FIRE? I can't find anything on Meetup and I'm not on Facebook (I know, I know....) - so if y'all are aware of any meetings, please let me know!
Thanks,
Lisa

Able was I ERE

• Stubble
    • FIREhub.eu
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2018, 10:26:54 PM »

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2018, 05:29:55 AM »
That sounds great, Mike! I think Saturday should work for us too - especially if around noon as my daughter takes music classes at BSA on Saturdays so we will be down there!

Evergreen is great - wonderful neighbors and close to sooo much (especially since the Birds have come out - there are always a few nearby!)

Just a question - are there any meet ups or groups meeting in the area around FI or FIRE? I can't find anything on Meetup and I'm not on Facebook (I know, I know....) - so if y'all are aware of any meetings, please let me know!
Thanks,
Lisa

Awesome! Noon on Sat, Nov 3rd. I'll private message you with specifics.

I don't know of any Baltimore FIRE meetups, but maybe this could be the start of one. :)

Able was I ERE

• Stubble
    • FIREhub.eu
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2018, 05:53:50 AM »
Also, there is a ChooseFI Facebook group in Baltimore that has 150 members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChooseFIBaltimore/   

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2018, 06:32:05 AM »
Also, there is a ChooseFI Facebook group in Baltimore that has 150 members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChooseFIBaltimore/

Thanks! I sent a request to join.

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2018, 03:09:20 PM »

Hi Lisa! Thanks for reaching out!!!

Saturday works for us, see you soon.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2019, 08:34:23 PM »
Hi all.  I hope people are still interested in meeting up.  I'm more this summer and would love to meet more people.

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2019, 08:29:01 AM »
Great to hear from you! I sent a pm with my email. We need to get another meet up on the books. When are you moving to the area? There's is a free outdoor music event near me May 24th but hopefully we can get something planned for before then.

Have a great day and welcome to Baltimore!

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2019, 06:18:25 PM »
Great to hear from you! I sent a pm with my email. We need to get another meet up on the books. When are you moving to the area? There's is a free outdoor music event near me May 24th but hopefully we can get something planned for before then.

Have a great day and welcome to Baltimore!
Thanks Sytar, I PM'ed you.  I won't in Baltimore till after May but hopefully we can meet up over the summer.

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2019, 11:53:41 AM »
I won't in Baltimore till after May but hopefully we can meet up over the summer.

An early welcome to you! Sarah & Alex (sytar7), Lisa & family (lisabww), and Deborah & I have been getting together on a fairly regular basis for several months now. In fact, we've made plans to picnic at the tulips on May 4th - https://www.sherwoodgardens.org/ Even if you can't make that, we'll get you invited to something after.

There's also a ChooseFI Facebook group for Baltimore that meets in-person every month. I've been 3 times and Lisa went once. Not quite mustachian, but close enough. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChooseFIGreaterBaltimore/

Feel free to message me, if you'd like. I'd be curious to know where in Bmore you'll be living. Thanks.

FInotRE

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2019, 07:11:50 PM »
My wife and I live in Baltimore City and would be interested in a meetup.  Perhaps as the weather begins to get warmer we could plan a meetup at a park.  We are game for anything, though.  As far as ideas/complaints/praises, I would be interested to know if anyone has any suggestions for good biking areas.  I do not find Baltimore to be a very bike friendly city and wonder if anyone knows of any good routes/paths/trails.  Thanks for starting the thread.

I just wanted to say that I'm from Baltimore and this thread makes me miss it! MJT, if you are looking for a good bike trail for recreational riding, try the Gwynns Falls Trail. It starts in Washington Village and runs all the way out to Baltimore County. The Jones Falls Trail is another good option if you are looking for routes north/south through the central arteries of the City.

I know this is a very old post but if you want to join a community of FI pursuer, please see link https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChooseFIGreaterBaltimore/

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2019, 02:59:28 PM »
I know this is a very old post but if you want to join a community of FI pursuer, please see link https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChooseFIGreaterBaltimore/

Yup! A good option for in-person and in-Baltimore. I was just at their July meetup today. It was a good group.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2019, 11:17:20 PM »
Anyone around late July?

May follow up with the FB group, but try to avoid those

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2019, 11:20:59 AM »
Anyone around late July?

You mean the next 7-8 days? I've got some availability on Saturday (daytime), Sunday, and Monday. If interested, please message me. Thanks.

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2019, 05:36:58 PM »
We're meeting for a coffee and chat tomorrow (Sunday July 28th) at 10AM at Baltimore Coffee and Tea Company in Timonium. If you happen to see this last minute and want to join us, please do, or message me to help find us.

gabkev

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2020, 04:33:19 PM »
Anyone planning a 2020 meetup?

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2020, 06:35:39 PM »
Sure! Some of us attend a regular (monthly?) Bogleheads meetup near Towson. Others attend a monthly ChooseFI meetup down in Elkridge. Some of us get together every few weeks for (board) gaming and general hanging-out. As for the Mustachians you see here posting recently in the thread, I can't say we have anything "formal" planned (partially because winter isn't the best season). But, we could try for something, even if it's just people at my house. Shoot me a PM, if you'd like. It would help to know where you're located, what your interests are, and if you have kids to accommodate. Thanks!

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2020, 09:28:27 PM »
Sure! Some of us attend a regular (monthly?) Bogleheads meetup near Towson. Others attend a monthly ChooseFI meetup down in Elkridge. Some of us get together every few weeks for (board) gaming and general hanging-out. As for the Mustachians you see here posting recently in the thread, I can't say we have anything "formal" planned (partially because winter isn't the best season). But, we could try for something, even if it's just people at my house. Shoot me a PM, if you'd like. It would help to know where you're located, what your interests are, and if you have kids to accommodate. Thanks!
OH, I'd love to go to a bogelheads meetup. Mike, I'll PM you.

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2020, 02:49:33 PM »
OH, I'd love to go to a bogelheads meetup. Mike, I'll PM you.

Hey, Ginger. It's Sarah & Alex that attend Bogleheads. You should reach out to them for more info.

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2022, 04:50:13 PM »
Looking to revive this thread and regroup with Baltimore/Baltimore county folks (or anyone who is willing to make the trek).

Spring is here and summer is around the corner fill out the survey if you are interested in meeting up.
https://forms.gle/a5PeCcVwdhRHnar99

I'll leave the survey up for a month and see who is interested. Would love to make more local friends!

sytar7

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2022, 07:45:48 PM »
Thanks to those that participated! I'll be sending out a get to know you email in the next few days.

Looking forward to expanding the folks I know in Baltimore.

afuera

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2022, 12:08:05 PM »
Hello!  My family and I just moved to Baltimore after a decade living in TX.  Looks like we missed the get to know you email that @sytar7 sent out a couple months back but we would love to be included in any upcoming meetups.   We had great time meeting people at the Houston mustachian meetups and even formed a book club with forum members for a couple years.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2022, 09:36:51 AM »
Hello!  My family and I just moved to Baltimore after a decade living in TX.  Looks like we missed the get to know you email that @sytar7 sent out a couple months back but we would love to be included in any upcoming meetups.   We had great time meeting people at the Houston mustachian meetups and even formed a book club with forum members for a couple years.
Book club?  Now that sounds fun.

LKS89gs

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2024, 02:14:42 PM »
I recently relocated to the Baltimore area (about an hour outside of the city, but would consider making the trek to hang out with some Mustachians..)

Posting here in case it helps revive interest in a local meetup... !

mikescepaniak

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2024, 05:51:14 PM »
Nice. Send me a PM. We've got a small frugal crew you could join in with.

Another option is the Choose FI Greater Baltimore group.

I recently relocated to the Baltimore area (about an hour outside of the city, but would consider making the trek to hang out with some Mustachians..)

Posting here in case it helps revive interest in a local meetup... !