Author Topic: Camping / Hiking meetup at Kentucky - Red River Gorge 9/21-9/23 2018  (Read 2873 times)

startbyservingothers

• Stubble
    • A Full Year
The official large / official events that I see offered from time to time seem amazing.  However, I am typically too far away, cheap, and/or 'focused' on saving priorities to attend.  I suspect this applies to some other folks as well.

I would think a pretty substantial cross-section of the MMM population would enjoy an Outdoor event like this. - Based on proximity to varying degrees of course.

So here's what I have in mind:  A weekend camp out, with some optional hiking and casual discussions.  I have a national park nearby that has some fairly affordable camping options which I am investigating the specifics of currently.  There are also many cabins and things of that nature nearby.  Plan a short hike to a popular landmark, as well as something more for advanced hikers.  Both would be optional based on skill level.  Also a fair bit of downtime / camp fire time, etc.

This may well become a yearly or seasonal event.  -  We are open to ideas for future regional events.   What is your favorite place to go camping and hiking?

Dates are 9/22-9/23.   

Links:
http://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/natural-bridge/
http://www.redrivergorge.com/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 12:49:34 PM by startbyservingothers »

startbyservingothers

• Stubble
    • A Full Year
Tentatively scheduled for 9/21-9/23.   Can you make it?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:42:10 AM by startbyservingothers »

startbyservingothers

• Stubble
    • A Full Year
Potential Future Post.

chacunsatasse

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Camping / Hiking meetup at Red River Gorge, Kentucky or Elsewhere?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 11:59:47 PM »
Hello there my fellow Kentuck-stachian! I'm currently living away from our lovely state at the moment, but I will be returning in July, and would love to organize something. I was hoping to find some fellow 'Tuck-stachians and low and behold, your post was on the first page. Anyway, I would be very interested in participating in, contributing to, assisting in the planning of such a camping event. Best, CST

Dee18

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 05:45:36 AM »
I am also living in another state now, but visit frequently as I still have family there. I have fond memories of Natural Bridge state park and the Red River Gorge.  I would love to meet others there some weekend in the fall. 

startbyservingothers

• Stubble
    • A Full Year
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 07:02:36 AM »
Glad to see some replies.  Looks like scheduling a while out was a good decision since folks don't always look here frequently.

startbyservingothers

• Stubble
    • A Full Year
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 08:01:36 AM »
Just a reminder to either set the thread to notify you of replies,  or to send me some contact info such as your Email address (Or text if you prefer) so that you know about the meetup.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:06:27 AM by startbyservingothers »

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
Re: Camping / Hiking meetup at Kentucky - Red River Gorge 9/21-9/23 2018
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 10:12:06 PM »
Just realized that we have something on that weekend, so sadly I won't be able to make it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!