Author Topic: 10/1/2016 - Colorado Springs, CO  (Read 2402 times)

jordanread

10/1/2016 - Colorado Springs, CO
« on: September 12, 2016, 09:04:57 AM »
It's official. On October 1 (Saturday), any Mustachians in the Colorado Springs area are cordially invited for a good time at Memorial Park. Kid friendly event, as there are multiple playgrounds, and I'll be bringing a slackline. I have a smoker that does low & slow quite well, and I can bring it over if people want to make a day of it (4-5 hour cooks). It's a dog friendly event as well, but I'd suggest bringing a long line. The particular time is still up in the air a bit, but feel free to comment here and let me know if you can make it, what time would be best, and we'll go from there. I also used the Frugal FIRE calendar to create an event. You can RSVP there as well. I'm guessing we will be more around the lake, and I can head over early and grab a pavilion if we have enough people. Lots of fun stuff to do here.

patchyfacialhair

• Handlebar Stache
Re: 10/1/2016 - Colorado Springs, CO
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
What time are you thinking? I'd love to stop by and meet some folks but I also need to make a trip up to Greeley sometime that day, so too late in the day may not work.

jordanread

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 06:25:24 AM »
All right. I went over to the park and scoped out some spots last night. I don't know how many people we've got coming, so I won't head over super early and grab the pavilion. But there is a plethora of picnic tables over there. I was also going to wait to see the response before I made any other plans, but screw it. I've got a pork shoulder that is 2 hours away from being put on the smoker. I will pull it, and bring it over. I don't do BBQ sauce, so feel free to bring that, or bread for sandwiches, or veggies, or fruit, or whatever. It's not required by any means, and you are all welcome to hangout, eat the food, whatever. The pork will be smoked over mesquite, with an adobo/allepo rub. More savory than spicy, and I've had no issues with anyone thinking it's too hot.

I'm going to be over there between 12:30 and 1:00 (I'm shooting for 12:30), and we'll just hang out until we get bored or have elsewhere to be. I'll be wearing a headwrap of some kind and a Hawaiian shirt, but the easiest way to spot me will be by looking for the slackline (or some guy trying to setup the slackline). It's a red line, and it will be pretty close to the playground on the SW side of the park. I've attached a picture outlining the general area I'm planning. There is parking all along that section. If it's too crowded, we can always move, and I'll update this post if we decide to take a jaunt. South of the boathouse, North of the big playground. I know some people were thinking about bringing their kids, so I will do my best to make sure that the if they run to the playground, they can still be supervised.

See you all tomorrow. It's going to be fun!!

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 05:08:36 PM »
I'll be there with the family (wife and 6 year old). Need me to bring paper plates/flatware?

jordanread

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 06:28:10 PM »
Yeah sure. I'm probably going to bring a picnic kit, but it's only 4 placements.

patchyfacialhair

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
I'll bring some carrots and hummus.

jordanread

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 06:52:39 PM »
Yum.

jordanread

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 12:16:31 PM »
I was going to bike over, but can't think of a good way to carry a pitcher of tea. Heading over in a few minutes. See you all there.

jordanread

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 12:39:30 PM »
Location found!
Dropped Pin

https://goo.gl/maps/v2F1r2YLDCK2