Author Topic: Where is Jason from Dividend Mantra these days?  (Read 5099 times)

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
Where is Jason from Dividend Mantra these days?
« on: September 21, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »
His last post was September 8th...did I miss a memo about why he's not posting every couple of days lately?

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
Re: Where is Jason from Dividend Mantra these days?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »
I figured he just got busy with other things. I've noticed bloggers will usually take a break since they have lives outside of writing.

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 02:54:10 PM »
Yes, that's true. But they often announce it before taking the hiatus. I'm worried about him!

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 02:58:39 PM »
That has never been my experience and I follow a lot of blogs. It is usually a post upon their return explaining the absence.

grettman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »
I too was wondering why he hasn't posted.  I am not a DGI kind of person by I like his writing.  He is the type to tell people what is going on.

patrickza

• Pencil Stache
    • I live on a boat
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »
He's been tweeting (@JasonFieber) so I'm sure he's just fine. I also enjoy his writing, though I would never pick stocks like he does!

hops

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 07:40:27 AM »
Earlier this month he encouraged his Mantra Twitter followers to start following his new personal account, where he recently tweeted that he'll provide an update about upcoming changes at Dividend Mantra shortly:

https://twitter.com/JasonFieber

It'll be a shame for readers if he sold out and the quality of the blog declines, but he's also posting articles elsewhere at a fast clip.

zoltani

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 03:34:10 PM »
While I enjoy reading his blog, it was getting annoying with all of the ads. Wouldn't be surprise if he tried to further monetize it by selling out. At this point that is speculation. If it is true more power to him, but I will stop reading.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »
While I enjoy reading his blog, it was getting annoying with all of the ads. Wouldn't be surprise if he tried to further monetize it by selling out. At this point that is speculation. If it is true more power to him, but I will stop reading.

It's like you're psychic.

http://www.dividendmantra.com/2015/09/an-exciting-new-beginning/

grettman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 08:07:14 AM »
Reading through the comments of his latest post (the post that he announced his partnership) he said he would still report his financial statistics.  So it will be interesting to see if he reports this partnership transaction in his data.  I think it would be ill-advised to do so but if he doesn't that would be a significantly (and in a negative way) deviation from his formula for success.

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 08:17:57 AM »
Well, here's what he says in the post:

However, because of the nature of this partnership, there are some financial arrangements involved. Because of that, I will no longer be able to post my monthly budgets, recapping my income and expenses for the prior month. It’s a shame, and it’s a decision I didn’t take lightly. But there’s another party involved here and it’s only right to keep their numbers private.

He could still post his dividend income and personal expenses I supposed (and leave the blog and online income out of it), but it sounds like he's not going to? I enjoyed seeing those posts where he would talk about how little he lived on and show the amortization of his girlfriend's engagement ring ($200 a month.)..very charming.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!