Author Topic: What will happen to the stock market if a progressive becomes president?  (Read 12737 times)

Wintergreen78

• Pencil Stache
Re: What will happen to the stock market if a progressive becomes president?
« Reply #100 on: September 10, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »
Here's a compilation of recent, existing data:

https://tonyisola.com/2020/09/repeat-after-me-the-president-isnt-the-stock-market/

So Bill Clinton and Barack Obama were better for the stock market than Trump or either of the Bushes?

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #101 on: September 10, 2020, 04:25:10 PM »
@Full_Beard , I must admit, I am pretty impressed with the Tony Isola article you shared.

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2020, 05:20:54 AM »
Lol, well the stock market has absolutely crushed it since the election. I would categorize Biden as a moderate rather than a progressive, though.

effigy98

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2020, 08:11:14 AM »
Stocks will go thru a lost decade or two. I will be able to buy a private island with no property taxes with my bitcoin.

achvfi

• Pencil Stache
  • Health is wealth
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2020, 09:15:15 AM »
Long term its wonderful to have President who is looking forward and not backwards, taking us forward in changing world. Improving all people lives step by step.

As toxic as T**** was during his presidency its great for someone like me in accumulating phase. He got handed over a stable economy and he managed to monkey around so much, creating lots of opportunities for investing in the volatility.

But long term? its wasted opportunity and so much compounding effect with it into the future.

MoneyGoatee

• Stubble
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2020, 05:28:29 PM »
I think less about the stock market than the people in the stock market, i.e. investors.  Fewer people are investing due to multiple recessions, and the stock market needs more investors to be strong.  That's why Money Mustache and other online resources are key to bringing more people to understand this matter and participate in it -- more important than what the president does.  One disappointing thing about Trump was that he made next to no effort in educating the masses about the importance of saving for retirement via investment.  He was elected mainly due to his strength in economy, and I expected more emphasis from him in making financial literacy a top priority in education.  One big reason for the widening wealth gap is that more and more money is going to the investors, especially during bull markets, instead of to people who don't invest or invest little.  It is a bittersweet feeling for me when I buy stocks at low prices, knowing that I essentially take money from poor folk (thus widening the wealth gap some more) who just sold the same stocks I buy in order to make ends meet.

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2020, 05:43:12 PM »
^If it makes you feel better, the truly poor never had any stocks to sell you.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2021, 12:36:31 PM »
I don't think it's poor, unemployed folks who are selling right now. I think it's older, retired folks, who are living a plan of periodic selling to sustain themselves in retirement.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!