Author Topic: What are your moonshot investments?  (Read 9291 times)

PDXTabs

• Magnum Stache
Re: What are your moonshot investments?
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
ABNB, apparently.

Today I added some MOON to my portfolio.

WoodsRun

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2021, 10:50:13 AM »
I have 15 shares of GME.
All money I'm prepared to lose.

PJC74

• Stubble
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2021, 03:13:11 PM »
Rolls Royce RYCEY  5k shares at $1.41

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2021, 05:33:10 AM »
Been in and out of alot of names of late with the sector rotations but other than my "Longs" currently in

ACB
GTBIF
MANU- Setup looks good for a re-opening play and could see it popping to 22-23 quickly
MRKR
NOK- Every week there penning another deal
OPTN
POAHY- I think Volkswagen is going to be the leader in EV's if not a major major player so think good way to play it as well as QS
PRQR
SURF
XERS

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2021, 04:24:35 AM »
RECAF trading should be interesting today. They announced overnight that their first test well found a working petroleum system.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/reconafrica-s-first-of-three-wells-confirms-a-working-petroleum-system-in-the-kavango-basin-namibia-865139500.html

J Boogie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2021, 08:32:30 AM »
Was just going to thank whoever recommended that. I bought 200 shares for fun so being up 60% on that is nice.

GreenEggs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2021, 08:48:42 AM »
Wish I'd bought BGFV.  I watched HIBB take off and should have realized BGFV would likely follow them up. 

v8rx7guy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2021, 09:58:55 AM »
RECAF trading should be interesting today. They announced overnight that their first test well found a working petroleum system.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/reconafrica-s-first-of-three-wells-confirms-a-working-petroleum-system-in-the-kavango-basin-namibia-865139500.html

Just came to post the same thing.  Thanks for shedding light on this months ago!  I got in February because of that anecdote about the geologist you know dumping in $10K.  I'm excited for this stock, as more certainty comes into play I see it as easily worth $100/sh based on the thickness they've reported.

PDXTabs

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2021, 10:03:20 AM »
ABNB, apparently.

Today I added some MOON to my portfolio.

For a literal moonshot I added some VACQ today.

That's my moonshot stack, ~1% of my portfolio.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2021, 06:05:40 AM »

Just came to post the same thing.  Thanks for shedding light on this months ago!  I got in February because of that anecdote about the geologist you know dumping in $10K.  I'm excited for this stock, as more certainty comes into play I see it as easily worth $100/sh based on the thickness they've reported.

My geologist friend ended up investing quite a bit more, as did I. My share count is just over 10,000 so a $100 SP would work for me!  My friend has about 4x my stake so he needs only $25 to get his second comma.

The past 2 days were fun but Iím a bit disappointed with the stock price action. Weíre still not at $1 billion MC, which EEENF crossed when they kinda sorta found 500 million barrels on Alaskaís North Slope.  Thatís a puddle compared to the ocean RECAF could be sitting on.

I am encouraged though by the follow-thru Friday (closing over $6 seems very positive after the late afternoon sell off) so Iím looking for more realistic valuations in the coming days and weeks. I see no reason weíre not worth $10-15 right now. But what do I know, I make beer for a living?

So letís enjoy it and look forward to bigger days.

Rdy2Fire

• Bristles
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2021, 08:54:13 AM »
I won't go into the reasoning, I'd suggest checking them out especially VGAC

VGAC
IPOE
NAKD
PLTR
YJ
SOLO
AEVA

Also check out JMIA which I got in at 8 made it to 70 and is back around 30 but it will rise again

v8rx7guy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2021, 07:05:18 PM »

My geologist friend ended up investing quite a bit more, as did I. My share count is just over 10,000 so a $100 SP would work for me!  My friend has about 4x my stake so he needs only $25 to get his second comma.

The past 2 days were fun but Iím a bit disappointed with the stock price action. Weíre still not at $1 billion MC, which EEENF crossed when they kinda sorta found 500 million barrels on Alaskaís North Slope.  Thatís a puddle compared to the ocean RECAF could be sitting on.

I am encouraged though by the follow-thru Friday (closing over $6 seems very positive after the late afternoon sell off) so Iím looking for more realistic valuations in the coming days and weeks. I see no reason weíre not worth $10-15 right now. But what do I know, I make beer for a living?

So letís enjoy it and look forward to bigger days.

Yeah, I am small potatoes with 2,000 shares @ 3.03 but I'm happy with it so far!  I too thought it would go a little higher, i predicted to a friend that it would open at $6 and be to $9 by the weekend... so I was at least in the range.  I hope to see sub $5 again during the long lull between the 2nd drill results and maybe the 2D seismic results so I can scoop up a bit more on sale.  I really like this stock!   If it can get on the NASDAQ look out!

time is money

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2021, 06:00:49 AM »
Haywood estimated valuation for RECAF based on 1 billion barrels of commercialized oil is 39$. 10 billion barrels would mean price in several hundreds $. Itís not forbidden to day dream but what if they really are sitting on 100+ billion barrels? That is share price in thousands. Thereís still chance this can go to 0. So I am just sticking with my initial 4000 shares investment as commercializing even 10% of their estimated barrels of oil would be a life changing investment for me.

https://clients.haywood.com/uploadfiles/secured_reports/RECOApr152021.pdf?inf_contact_key=f5ac6be8b46ff88b3d6a14bac93ae655680f8914173f9191b1c0223e68310bb1

BigLumox

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2021, 08:09:41 AM »
RECAF will be a fun one to watch. Im a little late to the party, but I scooped up a small stake to go along for the ride.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2021, 04:19:12 AM »
NOK and XERS are getting Jiggy

ChpBstrd

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2021, 06:53:05 AM »
Iíve lost 16% on 400 shares of Lynas Rare Earths (LYSDY).

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2021, 07:54:58 AM »
Succumbed to peer pressure
Entered limit order 100 RECAF  at 6.50 (in both Roth and taxable accounts).

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2021, 06:22:30 AM »
RECAF is the top story on CNN right now:  cnn.com

Yes it's a typical negative spin (environmental risk, big bad oil company running roughshod over locals) but it's also millions of people hearing about it for the first time.

ice_beard

• Stubble
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2021, 10:02:25 AM »
Not sure if I posted this or not...

TELL   Tellurian, an LNG company.  I'm convinced we will be using natural gas more and more and LNG is the best way to transport it.  If we are going to really electrify everything, we are going to need a lot of electricity.  Natural gas is almost everywhere and is the cleanest fossil fuel we have.  Once we realize the storage issues related to using renewables on a large scale (already happening) there is going to be a greater acceptance of either natural gas and/or nuclear.  For nuclear, I hold some uranium miners as well.  But I don't really consider them "moonshot" status.  TELL isn't all that moonshot-y either.  They are profitable as the currently stand but their ambitions are definitely moonshot-eque and the have the management to pull it off. 

https://www.retailbull.co.uk/blog/tellurian-a-potential-100-bagger-stock
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:04:02 AM by ice_beard »