Author Topic: What about Uinvest?  (Read 7199 times)

Newlog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
What about Uinvest?
« on: January 18, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »
Hello people,

I'm new here, but don't think of this message as spam. It is legitimate.

I would like to know your opinions about Uinvest, if someone of you know what it is. I've been searching somewhere to invest "small" amounts of money and I've seen the options that Uinvest theoretically gives you. It seems a very good option, but as you know, don't trust the things that seem too good.

Thanks for your time.

KingCoin

• Pencil Stache
  • Achieved FI @ 30
Re: What about Uinvest?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:36:04 PM »
So the idea is that you invest in private companies in Ukraine, all the details of which are basically unverifiable, with too-good-to-be-true return promises? Sounds at best incredibly sketchy.

This guy runs through some red flags:
http://youthfulinvestor.com/uinvest-risky-alternative-investment-hyip/

Your best investment with Uinvest is probably this awesome chocolate bar:
http://www.uinveststore.com/products/uinvest_chocolate_bar/

James

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
If you want info about a company I suggest starting with something like wikipedia, and then asking specific questions here as they come up, giving your tolerance of risk, financial goals, reason you think the option is legitimate, etc.

tooqk4u22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »
I have heard tooqivest provides far better and more consistent returns....if u are interisted I will let you know wheer to sEndd the Investible monees or yuo to maak things eesier yuo can give me yiour SSI and creidit card number and i can make the transfer. 

Guaranteed to win.

Jack

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 03:59:47 PM »
Despite the insistence that his message isn't spam, I'll bet that Newlog never posts here again on any other subject.

James

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:05:40 PM »
I have heard tooqivest provides far better and more consistent returns....if u are interisted I will let you know wheer to sEndd the Investible monees or yuo to maak things eesier yuo can give me yiour SSI and creidit card number and i can make the transfer. 

Guaranteed to win.

Can I male cash?  I don't trust internets or phones.

Newlog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 05:15:45 PM »
What a unfair people! What a closed minds. A noob enters here searching advice and you laugh at him. I would like to see you when you need advice in other fields. My god...

The first idea is that they give you a studied group of business (that now are not only in Ukraine) and you can invest on them, know the rate you will receive and at the end of the period your invest is repurchased at the same price you bought it. Of course, you can sell it some months before the due date to try to sell it higher.

Once you buy the stocks you get what it might be a legal certificate with your stock options.

Of course, you, lovely people, haven't read the part in which I told you I would like to know your opinions if you really knew what are you talking about (and I specially meant Uinvest). So if you know the same as me about Uinvest better shut up and go bother someone else.

Of course, if you have something useful to say as James or KingCoin, you are welcome if you want to share it. If not, you better stay quiet.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:18:08 PM by Newlog »

James

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 05:54:12 PM »

Me deepest apologies, but trolls are so much fun to feed.

You say they "might" be legal certificates, can you expand on that?

KingCoin

• Pencil Stache
  • Achieved FI @ 30
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 06:10:22 PM »
Hmm...starting to sound even more shilly...

In order to invest in private companies, you should be
a) a sophisticated investor
b) able to do due diligence research on said companies

By your own admission, you're not a sophisticated investor, rather, you're a "noob". Additionally, you can't do any due diligence on these companies even if you were capable of it. Instead, you have to rely on Uinvest's assurance that these companies are legit.

So you have to ask yourself, do you think it's good idea for a "noob" to send a check to Eastern Europe to an investment firm you know next to nothing about that invests your money in companies you know next to nothing about? The answer is of course no.

By the way, this is flagrantly untrue:
"you can invest on them, know the rate you will receive and at the end of the period your invest is repurchased at the same price you bought it."
You can easily and quickly lose all your money in a private equity investment. You don't know the dividend rate you receive and you don't know that anyone will want to buy your shares at any price in the future. Private equity investments, especially of this nature, are extremely risky.

Newlog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »
You say they "might" be legal certificates, can you expand on that?

They send you a paper that it's supposed to be a legal certificate conforming you have those stocks.
An example: http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335/afdi2/erti.jpg
Of course, I'm not able to tell if this is completely legal or not. They send them 90 days after your purchase (for free), but if you want them you can pay some cash to get them at the moment you want it. The point is to not send the certificates if you are willing to sell your stocks before 90 days.

Hmm...starting to sound even more shilly...

In order to invest in private companies, you should be
a) a sophisticated investor
b) able to do due diligence research on said companies

The main idea is that the research is done by them, and they only charge you from your benefits (your monthly rate).

Instead, you have to rely on Uinvest's assurance that these companies are legit.

The fact that at least one source of his income might be that these companies are legit gives me confidence.

So you have to ask yourself, do you think it's good idea for a "noob" to send a check to Eastern Europe to an investment firm you know next to nothing about that invests your money in companies you know next to nothing about? The answer is of course no.

My first answer would be no. But after researching a little the answer is somewhat blurry. Now the answer is more like you can try with a few money and let's see.
But hey! Look at this community of investors, let's see if someone have experience with Uinvest before investing on it so as to not lose not even that small invest for the try.

You can easily and quickly lose all your money in a private equity investment. You don't know the dividend rate you receive and you don't know that anyone will want to buy your shares at any price in the future. Private equity investments, especially of this nature, are extremely risky.

Your stocks are repurchased by Uinvest itself. Not by another person. Although you have the possibility to sell it before the due date (when Uinvest buys it). So you can win some extra cash if you are able to sell it before.

Another fact that gives me confidence is that they have a forum with 33000 registered users and 8000 active users. They all might be bots or paid person, who knows... But if you use Occam's Razor. They are no whining or crazy about some kind of fraud. Of course you can say that all this is just a falsehood. But again, Occam's Razor.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:31:59 PM by Newlog »

Newlog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 09:15:17 PM »
This guy runs through some red flags:
http://youthfulinvestor.com/uinvest-risky-alternative-investment-hyip/

From this blog post I've clarified many things.

• A lot of people speaks about the poor trust Uinvest gives, but nobody across all the internet have said that has lost money or that they have not complied with the rates.
  • Uinvest might be a scam that given some point will disappear with all your invested money at that moment.

So, let me rephrase it.
Wouldn't it be worth to invest in a company (Uinvest) knowing that your return rate will be constant at something high as 7-17% knowing that at some point you will lose your last investment?

So now that you know the risk, you can handle it. For example, not reinvesting until the moment you have earned the enough money to invest without having losses if the company disappears. You will only be at risk in the first investment.

So if I invest $20, I only reinvest once I have earned $100, so I invest another $20 and now if the company disappears with my money I have a surplus of $80 ($100 - $20 [I had initially] - $20 [I got robbed]).

Why to bother with this? Because I have a fixed income with great rates.
If you know about something with such rates and that "monthly security" with a smaller risk... Feel free to enlighten me.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:18:18 PM by Newlog »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 09:20:48 PM »
You seem to have convinced yourself it's the greatest investing opportunity since buying shares in that sliced bread company.

Best of luck to you.

Locking thread now.  If anyone else is legitimately interested in this company, feel free to start a new thread (and link back to this one).  Otherwise I see no reason for Newlog to continue shilling, or to have others continue piling on.  If you have anything else to contribute elsewhere, Newlog, feel free to do so.

As always, anyone can feel free to PM me with questions/concerns.

Cheers!
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

MMM

• Administrator
  • Stubble
    • Mr. Money Mustache
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 07:23:33 AM »
Although this is an old, locked thread, I thought I'd post this update:

On October 13th, I got a contact email from an entity claiming to be the "Uinvest Legal Department" asking me to take this thread down. It contained some vague legalese and sounded a bit threatening to me.

Of course we won't be taking it down, but I think it's important that any future readers of the thread know of actions like this, pursuant to our policy on legal threats and takedown notices: http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/forum-information-faqs/this-forum's-policy-on-takedown-requests-and-legal-threats/