Author Topic: VTWAX allocation incorrect in Vanguard's portfolio watch tool  (Read 1142 times)

ScottB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hello, long time reader, first time poster here.

I just purchased Vanguard's new total world admiral share fund VTWAX, and it seems like it doesn't play nice with Vanguard's portfolio watch tool.  In the international regions breakdown section under stock analysis of the portfolio watch tool, it shows up as 57% Canadian, when it should only be ~3%.  If I use the portfolio tester tool with VTWIX, the institutional version of the same fund, it shows up correctly as having 3% Canadian stock.

It seems like just a problem with the portfolio watch/tester tool, but the error now makes it more difficult to manage my portfolio.  I called Vanguard for help, but the representative wasn't that familiar with the watch/tester tool, and wasn't able to help.  He did say that he would put in a note to have someone else check into it, so maybe it will be fixed in time.

Has anyone else that's bought VTWAX noticed this issue, or even without purchasing, seen the problem with VTWAX in the tester tool?

Thanks for any help.

MustacheAndaHalf

• Walrus Stache
Re: VTWAX allocation incorrect in Vanguard's portfolio watch tool
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 09:36:16 AM »
Morningstar shows 57% for North America, so maybe they confused that with Canada somehow?
http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/summary?t=VTWAX
You might want to use Vanguard's internal messaging system to alert someone to the problem.

ScottB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: VTWAX allocation incorrect in Vanguard's portfolio watch tool
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 04:15:57 PM »
I think you're right, they must be showing all the North America portion including U.S. in the Canada section.  The percentages for other regions match VTWIX.  I did try the internal messaging system.  They told me to call, which didn't help.

Hopefully it's just an issue because it's a new fund and they'll get it straightened out soon.