Author Topic: Virgin Galactic SPCE Stock  (Read 1458 times)

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
Virgin Galactic SPCE Stock
« on: February 19, 2020, 10:26:33 AM »

Stimpy

• Bristles
Re: Virgin Galactic SPCE Stock
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 01:51:00 PM »
I'd be the fool to get some....  If I felt like cliff diving was my thing.

I personally do believe space is where we need to be aiming, but would rather push for something like colonizing the Moon/Mars/Mercury (ok, not Mercury but you get my point!).   Building on to the international space station and making it more accessible\base of operations like, would be my first priority (Space tourism isn't.  But may yield fruitful results later on, even if shareholders loose all their cash!)

aspiringnomad

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 04:28:36 PM »
Ugh...I nearly tried to roll my TSLA luck (but not funds) into this stock at just $12/share. Nearly pulled the trigger on 2,000 shares. Talked myself out of it because the conviction was just not there. It's definitely not there at this valuation, though I do think there's a decent chance this will be a successful company.

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 10:43:14 AM »
I'll keep waiting for the SpaceX IPO.

I do hope Virgin Galactic does well since my state spent $220 million to build a Spaceport for them out in the middle of the desert. Would be nice to see some income come in - albeit about 10 years later than planned.

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 09:24:17 AM »
I'll keep waiting for the SpaceX IPO.

I do hope Virgin Galactic does well since my state spent $220 million to build a Spaceport for them out in the middle of the desert. Would be nice to see some income come in - albeit about 10 years later than planned.

SpaceX isn't going to IPO until they send people to Mars.

In the meantime, their satellite internet company may spin out of SpaceX into a public company in the next year or two. That would be one to look at.

lutorm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 04:02:41 PM »
We got a thread 9 pages long about TSLA. Might as well start one about SPCE. Virgin Galactic is the only publicly traded space stock. $5 million in revenues and a $5 billion market cap. Only game in town if you want to own something space related.
Maybe not as sexy but both Boeing and Northrop Grumman are big space players and they make a buttload of money more than Virgin Galactic is likely to ever do.

lemonlyman

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 01:16:40 PM »
I'm long SPCE. For hypersonic travel. Space tourism is a fun proof of concept for that. They announced near 8,000 reservations today or $2.4 billion in potential revenue. I got in at a very lucky time not really expecting what's going on with it now so I have a very large margin of safety, but it is a very thin story right now. Very much have to execute on starting to deliver an exceptional service some time with the year to hold up.