Author Topic: Vanguard site down when I need to roll over 401k!  (Read 986 times)

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
Vanguard site down when I need to roll over 401k!
« on: November 03, 2018, 10:52:50 AM »
Waaaaah! I finally got the checks for moving my 401k from my old plan to my new plan with vanguard. I even paid an extra $25 to get the checks sent to me as quickly as possible because I hate being out of the market. I go to the vanguard website to fill out the forms required to send the checks on to them and find that the site is down this weekend for maintenance. No!!!!!

Additionally annoying is that I can make it to FedEx or wherever to ship on the weekend but the weekday is impossible. Why me?

Gripe gripe gripe

use2betrix

• Magnum Stache
Re: Vanguard site down when I need to roll over 401k!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 12:46:52 PM »
You shouldn’t need any forms on vanguards website to mail your check to them. I literally did exactly what you are doing just last month.

My old 401k provider mailed me my check. I turned around and mailed it directly to vanguard. Vanguard put it into my rollerovef IRA acct, into a money market. I then used that money to invest into vanguard funds within that account.

Again - there were no forms I needed to fill out.

The exception being if this is your first time possibly.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
Re: Vanguard site down when I need to roll over 401k!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 02:22:58 PM »
I’m moving funds from one 401k plan to another 401k plan, and I have three different flavors of money. I can see how they would want some paperwork to go along with to keep it all straight.

I’ll be a big girl and wait until Monday.
Still though, why does everything have to be down? That seems extreme for a system like vanguard’s.