Author Topic: Vanguard flagship client  (Read 1450 times)

Recliner

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Vanguard flagship client
« on: February 15, 2020, 11:32:35 AM »
I'm going to be passing the $1 M mark with my vanguard portfolio soon and am interested in hearing anyone else's experience with the benefits vanguard gives at that level.

MustacheAndaHalf

• Walrus Stache
Re: Vanguard flagship client
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 07:17:44 PM »
Vanguard's fee chart used to show lower and lower prices for buying non-Vanguard ETFs and stocks.  I think it ranged from $7/trade to $2/trade.  Last year, Vanguard changed those to $0/trade for everyone.

Using the Flagship customer service line might involve less waiting, and they assign a Flagship representative to your account.  But I've probably read more books on investing than most financial advisers, so I haven't asked them for advice.
https://investor.vanguard.com/investing/benefits/flagship

keyvaluepair

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 08:02:33 AM »
Flagship gives you access to a few more closed funds. I don't really make use of these funds since I am happy with my 3 fund portfolio. At Flagship Select, you get a free advisor, but I haven't used them. As the previous poster said, the dedicated 1-800 is sometimes useful.

PhysicianOnFIRE

• Bristles
    • Physician On FIRE
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 08:03:50 AM »
I've been a flagship member for years and never really took advantage of the benefits other than probably getting quicker customer service the few times I've had a reason to call.

Note that they may not automatically upgrade you the day your portfolio hits $1M. You may have to reach out and ask for it.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!