Author Topic: Vanguard 2 factor authentication and Mint or Personal Capital  (Read 5280 times)

Swat

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I am in the process of setting up 2FA for several of my financial sites for additional security but am running into problems as other services I use (namely Mint and Personal Capital) try and access that information which results in multiple notifications as well as other problems. Has anyone experienced similar issues and found a good way to get the benefit of the extra security via 2 factor authentication on sites like Vanguard yet also the convenience of viewing all your accounts in a service like Mint or Personal Capital?

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
Re: Vanguard 2 factor authentication and Mint or Personal Capital
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:18:37 PM »
I had to give up on Personal Capital because I couldn't get it to work properly syncing with 2-step authentication. It would take forever and only work occasionally. I went back and forth with their customer tech support people and never resolved the issue. As nice as it is to see everything in one place, I decided that online security was more important. If anyone can figure this out I'd be willing to give it one more go, but I feel like I've wasted enough of my life already trying to get it to work.

Heckler

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:18:29 PM »
I gave up on Mint. I prefer the two factor security.

LPD

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 11:30:29 AM »
My wife's name was on one of our Vanguard accounts, so I gave her view only access to that account and my other accounts. Since she has no interest in really getting on there to do anything (and I gave her view only access), I set up a fake username and password for her that does not have 2FA for me to use on Mint. This worked well.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:32:47 AM by LPD »