Author Topic: Tool/site with performance of every S&P 500 stock, sorted?  (Read 981 times)

MustacheAndaHalf

• Walrus Stache
Tool/site with performance of every S&P 500 stock, sorted?
« on: January 26, 2018, 06:27:40 AM »
I'd like to run an experiment with momentum which requires tracking the 1 year and 1 month performance of hundreds of stocks.  This experiment isn't an investment: it's a tiny fraction of my portfolio, run as an experiment to see what happens.  But I'm having trouble finding a good place to gather the information. 

I initially tried using Google spreadsheets.  But I can only lookup 52 week and 4 week history for mutual funds - not individual stocks.  Since Google spreadsheets doesn't provide enough support for individual stock performance, I can't use it. 

I then tried about ten different free Android phone apps.  None of them allowed selecting 12 month performance and 1 month performance.  Importing hundreds of stocks by hand would not be practical, either.

So that leaves me wondering how to achieve both of the goals I mentioned above: 
1. Import hundreds of stocks for inclusion in the experiment
2. Show data on their 12 month and 4 month performance
3. Process the performance data and sort it to determine highest "momentum" (which is the experiment)

Maybe I need to use an online website to gather data, and then Google sheets to run both the subtraction and sorting?  Any ideas where to gather data, and if I can also get it sorted by performance?