Author Topic: TIAA Recommendations?  (Read 1951 times)

scorpy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
TIAA Recommendations?
« on: March 16, 2016, 12:06:29 PM »
My company uses TIAA for its 403(b), and I am wondering if there are any good fund recommendations. My fees are very high, .060 on most of these, so am just wondering if there's a better option. I would like to switch to betterment, for some/all of my investing, but do not want to give up the tax-deffered ability of my company's plan.

Holyoak

• Bristles
Re: TIAA Recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 02:40:54 PM »
Hi Scorpy.  I moved every cent from TIAA-CREF, into my existing Vanguard funds.  Like you, I found the fee to gain ratio too high.  Very glad I did, and simply love Vanguard.  Good luck, and I hope this might apply to you.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
Re: TIAA Recommendations?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 04:06:09 PM »
My company uses TIAA for its 403(b), and I am wondering if there are any good fund recommendations. My fees are very high, .060 on most of these, so am just wondering if there's a better option. I would like to switch to betterment, for some/all of my investing, but do not want to give up the tax-deffered ability of my company's plan.

I assume you mean the expense ratio is 0.60% and not 0.06%.

What are your specific fund options? How long to you expect to stay with this company? Is there any matching?