Author Topic: Thoughts on the FirstData IPO?  (Read 2365 times)

GGNoob

• Pencil Stache
Thoughts on the FirstData IPO?
« on: October 02, 2015, 08:33:17 AM »
The FirstData IPO is now available at Loyal3. Anyone getting in on this? What are your thoughts?

https://ipo.loyal3.com/firstdata

imbros

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Thoughts on the FirstData IPO?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 12:39:13 PM »
I am considering it, but only with my play money. Their balance sheet is not impressive but there might be that initial pop.

GGNoob

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 12:47:42 PM »
Looks like it's no longer available. Up for less than 24 hours. Glad I put my money in right away! I signed up right away figuring I can do my research later and withdraw my reservation if I change my mind.

randommadness

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
I'm addicted to my Loyal3 IPOs so I threw some play money in there. Purely speculative though.

NorCal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 01:09:11 PM »
I formerly worked for a First Data competitor.  I would not recommend the company as a long term investment.  First Data has been losing money for years and the PE guys are just looking for an excuse to offload a money loser. 

They're a commodity player in a specialized market.  They have no pricing power and only exist because they under-price compared to other players in the market.

GGNoob

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 01:16:19 PM »
I formerly worked for a First Data competitor.  I would not recommend the company as a long term investment.  First Data has been losing money for years and the PE guys are just looking for an excuse to offload a money loser. 

They're a commodity player in a specialized market.  They have no pricing power and only exist because they under-price compared to other players in the market.

Well, all of my long term investments are index funds. The only reason I'd do the IPO is to hope for a first day pop to make a few dollars.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!