Author Topic: Thoughts on Peter Schiff and Gold?  (Read 1179 times)

MrCleanShaven

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Thoughts on Peter Schiff and Gold?
« on: March 24, 2020, 09:41:46 PM »
I was watching his live stream the other day and he seemed to make a lot of sense regarding the future of the economy and how the US dollar is going to be massively deflated and he couldn't stress enough to get our money into foreign stocks and GOLD/SILVER. Then I realized he owns a company that sells gold and silver and got to wondering if this was just an infomercial LOL.

Anyways and thoughts?

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
Re: Thoughts on Peter Schiff and Gold?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 10:01:44 PM »
Eventually he will be right

Eventually

MaaS

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 07:16:06 AM »
Is some gold a good idea? This money printing is just unprecedented. A hedge makes sense IMO.

Should we own some international stocks? Absolutely, but this has always been true. The whole "SP500 provides plenty of international exposure!" argument is ridiculous, partially for currency reasons.

Should you sell all of your US stock? No. But if you're 100% US, yeah, fix that.

wienerdog

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 07:25:48 AM »
You might go back and listen to his podcasts over time.  He is a broken record and like others have said will eventually be right.  That being said you might do some research on the Golden Butterfly threads on here.  I don't think a little hurts along with other diversification.

That being said you should have bought 1 week ago.  lol
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 07:28:39 AM by wienerdog »

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 09:21:37 PM »
He’s been pushing gold for 20 years nonstop. Sometimes he’s right but not for the reasons he says he’s right. He’s wrong way more than he’s right.

effigy98

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 01:33:29 AM »
You cannot buy gold or silver anywhere near spot price. I would say he is right this time and we are going into super mega inflation 5000 mode. Check out the prices of Nintendo switches, already starting! No animal crossing :(.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 08:16:21 AM »
He's like all the Preppers that predicted there would be a Pandemic so you better be prepared with an oversupply of toilet paper, sanitizers, dry good etc... Eventually you might be right.