Author Topic: TastyTrader calls for S&P 1250  (Read 1288 times)

FrugalSaver

• Pencil Stache
TastyTrader calls for S&P 1250
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:56:00 AM »
Didn’t give a time frame but sounded like over the next 1-3 years

Said there’s no amount of stimulus that will work off the k warhead supply of people that put new money in over 25,000 that won’t want to get out at a scratch should the market go there.

Just another data point to consider.

The overwhelming theme on this board has been how ridiculously overpriced the market was a month ago. Earnings will go down probably 40% or more which will make prices at Friday’s close even MORE overproced  than the market was a month ago,  when people lamented how overpriced the market was.

I share all this as data points to consider so we all consider the possibilities.

Will all the police catching this and in quarantines lead to large scale civil unrest in the big cities?  Or any number of possible outcomes that could be considered and could move markets. Progress on vaccine will have the opposite, positive effect and announcement coming soon. Maybe very soon. Whether real or not will drive a bounce.

vand

• Handlebar Stache
Re: TastyTrader calls for S&P 1250
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 12:13:05 PM »
It's not impossible, but Pundits' forecasts are 2 a penny.

99.9% of them will be wrong and the 0.1% who are right will be right because of luck, not judgement

I'm more of the view that we are in a long term secular bull market that has just paused for breath with this long overdue cyclical bear.

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
It's not impossible, but Pundits' forecasts are 2 a penny.

99.9% of them will be wrong and the 0.1% who are right will be right because of luck, not judgement

I'm more of the view that we are in a long term secular bull market that has just paused for breath with this long overdue cyclical bear.

+1

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »

Said there’s no amount of stimulus that will work off the k warhead supply of people that put new money in over 25,000 that won’t want to get out at a scratch should the market go there.

Will all the police catching this and in quarantines lead to large scale civil unrest in the big cities?

I've been thinking about a  wholesale capitulation by retail investors.

And worrying about it too as well as civil unrest in cities and their environs.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 03:19:25 PM by John Galt incarnate! »

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 03:39:18 PM »
LOL. What was this fellow/lady saying a year or two or five ago?

The zero-hedge gloom and doom types always think things will get worse. Stopped clocks and all.

-W

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 07:57:59 PM »
I figure there’s much more money tied up with billionaires, private foundations and endowments than what the retail crowd can come up with.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 08:42:54 PM »
I figure there’s much more money tied up with billionaires, private foundations and endowments than what the retail crowd can come up with.

IIRC, before this bear market  total U.S. stock-market capitalization was ~$47 trillion of which retail investors owned ~34%.

Don't quote me on this; I may be wrong.

YoungInvestor

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 09:43:35 AM »

IIRC, before this bear market  total U.S. stock-market capitalization was ~$47 trillion of which retail investors owned ~34%.

Don't quote me on this; I may be wrong.

Isn't a significant proportion of the remainder held by funds that are in turn owned by retail investors?