Author Topic: Small Business Health Insurance Help needed  (Read 2404 times)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
Small Business Health Insurance Help needed
« on: January 27, 2014, 07:43:11 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I own a small business owner in Wisconsin and here is a chart of my problem:

UNITED HEALTHCARE - MEDICAL
TOTAL PREMIUM      EMPLOYEE PORTION      Company PORTION
              1,930.66                    1,675.67                       254.99
                          -                                         -   
                          -                                   -                         190.21
                250.90                       125.45                       125.45
                          -                                   -                            72.48
                321.70                       160.85                       160.85

2,503.26                     1,961.97                        803.98

The highest number at the top is ME! and my family . I am 49, wife 45 and 4 kids 14,13,9,8. Fortunately everyone is and has been healthy. I am probably the least but by no means an ongoing condition blah blah blah. Anyhow this as you can see is killing me weekly and I am looking for ways to decrease this. The company is a shell of what it use to be however is still profitable and while I want to be good to my employees I cant afford 24k a year in health insurance.

*** the reason its more than stated is because we have Dental on top of this but that outweighs what i would pay with 6 in our family.

Any ideas? where to start etc..

My business is 22 years and we have made changes raising deductibles etc.. but i need to look at other options, agents outside the box.

Thanks in advance,
DB

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:46:29 AM by soccerluvof4 »

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
Re: Small Business Health Insurance Help needed
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »
Knaak,

Thank you! I will start with what you gave me and see what i can come up with for numbers. Our Income is from soley the business and I have been on this thread for 3-4 weeks and am rapidly trying to bring that down and cut expenses. I am bringing it down to test what we can live on. This way i am working both directions. As you know being a business owner you can always take a bonus or? if need be. Easier for me this way.

Thanks!!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!