Author Topic: deleted  (Read 3566 times)

henders

deleted
« on: June 25, 2015, 01:42:38 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:26:37 PM by henders »

barbaz

• Stubble
Re: Portfolio rebalancing spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »
The problem is that it's not clear where that "Funds to transfer" money is coming from. Every time you buy stocks, your total is increasing which changes the target values.

Instead, you should have a "cash" row that shows your available un-invested money and has a target of 0%. Then, when you buy a stock you reduce your cash amount accordingly. This way, the total and the target values remain constant.

SuperSecretName

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:18:15 PM »
make the cash cell dynamic.

also stocks 5-9 you need to liquidate, so they should have negative numbers in the funds to transfer column.

barbaz

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 02:06:53 AM »
Making the cash cell dynamic would not work, because it would let your cash vanish when the stock prices grow.

Also, there is now way the sheet can know what you actually paid for your stocks (including fees etc).

I have inserted a cash row. Target value is now a % of total cash / target %.
Target value must remain percentage of total sum, it's just that the total sum should include cash (and all stock values).

scojo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 02:01:36 PM »
I made a copy and edited it towards what I think you are trying to accomplish

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qu8EJytI262nnqKMflQjS9ATjAoeRnsZq4UsOmjoI3s/edit?usp=sharing

of course, I could be way off.

cakie

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 05:58:18 PM »
I found this thread a couple of weeks ago, and used it to do up my own rebalancing spreadsheet. It's a bit different to the others. I like the fact that it can auto update ETF prices with googlefinance :)

Thought I would share in case anyone finds it useful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_TmuvAVE8nnzAqhexihaBz6eIsEaE12mISbfjX8HuX8/edit?usp=sharing