Author Topic: Peter Navarro says 'there's a special place in hell' for Justin Trudeau  (Read 3961 times)

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
"There's a special place in hell for any foreign leader that engages in bad faith diplomacy with President Donald J. Trump and then tries to stab him in the back on the way out the door," Navarro said on "Fox News Sunday."

He continued, "And that's what bad faith Justin Trudeau did with that stunt press conference. That's what weak, dishonest Justin Trudeau did, and that comes right from Air Force One."

So, when should I really start to worry about this trade war stuff?

Peter Navarro says 'there's a special place in hell' for Justin Trudeau

dang1

• Bristles
a whole lot of folks in US feel the same thing about Trump, lol

Kalergie

• Stubble
It's never paid to bet against America. We come through things, but its not always a smooth ride. Warren Buffett

Everything will be fine.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
It's never paid to bet against America. We come through things, but its not always a smooth ride. Warren Buffett

Everything will be fine.

Harley Davidson disagrees.

YoungInvestor

• Bristles

Everything will be fine.

Funny how this forum losses its mind with survivorship bias when it comes to fund returns but not long-term returns.

It will never pay to bet against America until it does. With the political forces around, it doesn't look too hot right now.

Kalergie

• Stubble

Everything will be fine.

Harley Davidson disagrees.
I don't buy single stocks. I don't read tabloids.

i_have_so_much_to_learn

• Stubble
  • started a chatroom: https://discord.gg/agSSAhXzYD

Kalergie

• Stubble
Your asset allocation should represent your appetite for risk. If you're 65 years old and ready to retire, your asset allocation should look different to someone who's 25 years old who is ready to make good dough for another 40 years.

In other words, none of the news should bother anyone as long as their asset allocation is appropriate. It has been that way forever and it will be that way forever. Anything else is market timing or gambling.
If you are 65 and hold 100% Harley Davidson and Maple syrup stocks right now. Yeah, I suggest you change that.

But everyone is entitled to do what ever they want to do with THEIR money.

matchewed

• Magnum Stache
I think it is wise to fear and panic. After all the sky is falling. That is totally the rational thing to do.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
Your asset allocation should represent your appetite for risk. If you're 65 years old and ready to retire, your asset allocation should look different to someone who's 25 years old who is ready to make good dough for another 40 years.

In other words, none of the news should bother anyone as long as their asset allocation is appropriate. It has been that way forever and it will be that way forever.

Nothing that is going on is changing my appetite for equities. That does not however mean that it doesn't effect my expectations for the future. That is, your strategy may be the same whether you live in the 1930s or the 1990s, but the outcome (at least in the short term) will be different.

Kalergie

• Stubble

In other words, none of the news should bother anyone as long as their asset allocation is appropriate. It has been that way forever and it will be that way forever.

Nothing that is going on is changing my appetite for equities. That does not however mean that it doesn't effect my expectations for the future. That is, your strategy may be the same whether you live in the 1930s or the 1990s, but the outcome (at least in the short term) will be different.
True, but I have no idea what's coming and can't really affect the future either. The worst thing is to jump in and out the market based on daily news.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
There is some good news with respect to Trump's trade war foolishness:

1. If there is a systematic weakness in equities there will be enough pressure on them to start a recession and better now than later.
2. It will strengthen trade and political relationships around the world excluding the US, which I think is good on balance.
3. The pain will be felt by Trump supporters and US businesses pretty quickly and should provide some negative feedback in the short term and limit the depth of the insanity.

I'd far rather not have to go through all this foolishness, but since that doesn't seem to be an option I do think there are some positives if you are willing to look beyond the short term pain.

DreamFIRE

• Handlebar Stache

Everything will be fine.

Yeah, I'm not panicking, yet. My stash is down only 1.7% from my all time high, which keeps me on FIRE target for next year.  If it continues to go down further, then I'll be more concerned, but it's where things stand next spring that will matter most.

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
Yes, everybody please panic.  I could use a nice sale on stocks.