Author Topic: Personal Capital referral - $20 Amazon GC  (Read 5770 times)

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
Personal Capital referral - $20 Amazon GC
« on: November 27, 2017, 06:57:31 AM »
If you haven't signed up for Personal Capital yet, you can use the link below to get a $20 Amazon gift card (I would get one too).

http://share.personalcapital.com/x/gV0yrM

Terms & Conditions:

Giveaway hosted by Personal Capital. A user must link at least one valid investment account (brokerage, 401k, IRA, etc). Bank, Credit or debit card, PayPal, Stash, Acorns and Coinbase accounts do not count towards the giveaway. An Amazon.com Gift Card valued at $20.00 will be awarded to each new customer who link an account and the customer who refers new customer. All awards will be electronically delivered within six weeks from registration through Amazon to customer's email provided in the registration process. The offer will apply only to the first time customer when a unique account is linked and will not be applied if the same account is linked multiple times in the same or additional accounts, or for any previous account, which was closed by the customer.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:52:25 PM by Mrbeardedbigbucks »

jc4

• Stubble
Re: Personal Capital referral - $20 Amazon GC
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 07:26:07 AM »
How did you get the referral link? I already have a PC account, but would also like to make referrals.

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 07:37:09 AM »
They sent me an email. Maybe check your spam/junk mail folder?

I'm fairly new to Personal Capital. I signed up about two months ago, so not sure if that made a difference.

UnlimitedOne

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 09:54:19 AM »
I'm not a new member and got the invite on Thursday. 

ETA:  Look in your Notifications at the top right (flag symbol). I found the note among the other notifications from them. You might have to scroll down a bit.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:58:02 AM by UnlimitedOne »

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 05:09:01 PM »
Just wanted to say thank you to the people who used my referral link for Personal Capital.  Much appreciated. Hopefully you got your 20 bucks and are liking Personal Capital.

von

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 04:55:25 AM »
Looks like Personal Capital extended their referral program through the month of April. Here's the link if you want a $20 Amazon gift card:

http://share.personalcapital.com/x/qK2Bcw

Bill_

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 05:01:01 PM »
How soon do you get the $20 gift card?  I know one person who signed up with my referral code this morning and I have not received the $20 yet....I happen to know the person who signed up did not receive it yet either.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 06:36:32 PM »
It takes up to 6 weeks to get the card, but I've seen most of them come around 2 weeks after sign up.

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 07:38:46 PM »
How soon do you get the $20 gift card?  I know one person who signed up with my referral code this morning and I have not received the $20 yet....I happen to know the person who signed up did not receive it yet either.

It usually takes a couple of weeks. You'll get an email with an Amazon gift card code.

JSMustachian

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 02:40:16 PM »
I signed up. Thank you for the $20 gift card once it comes.

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 06:29:11 AM »
I signed up. Thank you for the $20 gift card once it comes.

No problem, thank you!

There's only a couple days left for this promotion. Looks like it's over at the end of April.

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 03:51:31 PM »
Looks like this promotion is back on through the month of June.

Here's the new link:

JSMustachian

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2018, 10:55:34 AM »
It's been 7 weeks so far and no referral bonus. Oh well!

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 06:49:58 AM »
It's been 7 weeks so far and no referral bonus. Oh well!

Did you link a brokerage account to Personal Capital? I believe you won't get the referral bonus if you're just linking a bank account. I got my gift cert within a week or so. Maybe try again with a different email address.

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 04:54:07 AM »
$20 too cheap to give a profit seeking entity access to my financial data and mrket financial products to me.  Thanks for thinking of us though.

From their privacy policy:

We may use certain third party service providers to help us provide you with some of the services mentioned in this Privacy & Security Statement. In doing so, we may provide your data (including your Personal Information) to those third party service providers, each of whom are required under contract with us to safeguard the Personal Information and to use it only to provide services to us. Per our contracts, only after these providers have removed all Personal Information may some of them be contractually allowed to rent, sell or otherwise make commercial use of the data.

I think Personal Capital is a valuable tool to keep track of your spending and investments. I would recommend people sign up even without a $20 incentive.

I use both Personal Capital & Mint as well as a brokerage firm, local bank account, many credit cards and my mortgage company, all of them are profit seeking entities with my financial data. I really haven't seen in increase in anyone trying to sell me anything other than companies trying to convince me to refinance my mortgage.

But I do understand people are privacy sensitive these days so thanks for the input.

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 04:17:03 AM »
Looks like this promotion is back on through the month of June.

Here's the new link:

Thanks to everyone who signed up. This promotion is still going. For the person that sent me a PM, you should get your gift card code within a week or so as long as you linked a brokerage account and have never signed up for personal capital in the past.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 02:16:29 PM »
I'll post the same offer I did in an older thread:  PM me for a referral, and if it goes through I'll send you an extra $10 via Paypal (include your email address)

And don't you guys dare try to undercut me with a $9.99 offer.  50/50 split is fair!

Mrbeardedbigbucks

• Stubble
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 04:30:00 AM »
I'll post the same offer I did in an older thread:  PM me for a referral, and if it goes through I'll send you an extra $10 via Paypal (include your email address)

And don't you guys dare try to undercut me with a $9.99 offer.  50/50 split is fair!

Looks like my post is officially hijacked. I'm too busy enjoying retirement to deal with paypal. Go see the dragoncar for a better offer.

I do appreciate everyone who did sign up with the link. Looks like the offer is still going. I actually just did a free financial review with a representative at Personal Capital. He was a smart guy but didn't tell me anything too surprising. The one thing I was surprised about was no sales pitch at the end. I thought for sure he might try to sell me some managed money product but it never came. If you do sign up for personal capital, I would recommend the financial review. It was worthwhile having as second set of eyes on our financial situation. Other than that, the Personal Capital app is still great for tracking your spending if you need something like that.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2018, 06:37:55 PM »

Looks like my post is officially hijacked. I'm too busy enjoying retirement to deal with paypal. Go see the dragoncar for a better offer.

I do appreciate everyone who did sign up with the link. Looks like the offer is still going. I actually just did a free financial review with a representative at Personal Capital. He was a smart guy but didn't tell me anything too surprising. The one thing I was surprised about was no sales pitch at the end. I thought for sure he might try to sell me some managed money product but it never came. If you do sign up for personal capital, I would recommend the financial review. It was worthwhile having as second set of eyes on our financial situation. Other than that, the Personal Capital app is still great for tracking your spending if you need something like that.

Lol, there were already multiple other threads on this topic and you think you can come and post your referral link months later and claim monopoly on PC Referrals?  I’d hijack every thread if I wasn’t on the no fly list

Only two people have taken me up on my offer but they both got paid

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!