Author Topic: Optum HSA funds  (Read 1744 times)

goldgrasshopper

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Optum HSA funds
« on: September 27, 2016, 04:51:17 PM »
I've never invested with Optum, does anybody else have experience using them? Any recommendations on Optum HSA funds? I'm thinking about maxing out on the S&P 500 Index (VFIAX).

Need2Save

• Bristles
Re: Optum HSA funds
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 07:18:18 PM »
Hi.  We have Optum for my current employer HSA.  I also put everything into Vanguard S&P 500. It was the most attractive index fund to me at the time and I haven't changed it. 

I'm not crazy about their website.  Very clunky but luckily I don't have to go there very often.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you!

PhysicianOnFIRE

• Bristles
    • Physician On FIRE
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:12:20 PM »
My employer is transitioning us from Wells Fargo to Optum. I'm excited to have access to low cost Vanguard funds. VFIAX is a good option if you don't need the money in the near-term.

FIreDrill

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 10:24:27 PM »
I have an HSA through my employer via Optum.  I use it strictly as another tax sheltered investment account and 100% of it is invested in VFIAX.  If you plan on using the account for medical expenses I wouldn't invest it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 09:07:13 AM »
I use a slightly more conservative mix (something approximating the permanent portfolio) for my HSA. I might need a big chunk of that money soon, so it's 30% SP 500, 30% Vanguard Wellington, and 15% some or other commodity, and the rest in cash. Big slug of cash.