Author Topic: OptionsHouse, Scottrade, other?  (Read 2378 times)

Stachsquatch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
OptionsHouse, Scottrade, other?
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to buy stock. OptionsHouse seems to have the lowest fee, but I hear many people swear by Scottrade or other websites. Any info about these services would be appreciated, thanks!

apk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: OptionsHouse, Scottrade, other?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 06:00:10 PM »
Surprisingly, I have found the best deals with the big banks (Bank of America, Wells Fargo). At Bank of America, if you have more than $50,000 in your MerrillEdge account, you get 30 free trades a month. A similar deal is to be had at Wells Fargo.

The trading system is not as advanced as some other places, but you save a lot of money on commissions. This also lets you do different things with your money, such as buying a small amount of stock every month to dollar cost average (not as feasible if you're paying $7 on each transaction).

Khan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »
Wow Stachsquatch, I may have to look into that.

Also apk, most places charge between 7$ and 10$ a trade, TDAmeritrade has commission free deals on ~100 something ETF's.

gecko10x

• Bristles
    • SawyerPF
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 07:54:56 PM »
Scottrade is quite good, although the website and reporting/monitoring tools could be better. I just switched to Schwab for the commission free ETFs though.