Author Topic: Online Portfolio Management  (Read 3158 times)

sameoldclothes

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Online Portfolio Management
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:54:44 AM »
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this site and have looked around a lot in the forums and the blog over the past week or so.  I was wondering what the best way to track investments? Somewhere where I can see them all together. I know there are a ton of programs and sites out there. Looking for recommendations. 
Insanely inspired by all of you and hoping to get there soon!
Thanks!

MilStachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Online Portfolio Management
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 03:36:23 PM »
Sameoldclothes,
Welcome to the community.  I'm new myself, and so far it's been very educational.

I use Personal Capital.  MMM just had a blog post discussing the service.  I think it does a great job of visually representing my accounts, but sometimes it mis-classified the individual funds inside my mutual funds (classify them as US domestic instead of international, etc).  Overall, great experience though, and all of my bank and investment accounts worked.

Michread

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 08:32:16 AM »
Vanguard!  If you have all your investments with Vanguard it's easy to track.  We add in our individual stock holdings onto our personal acct. and it tracks those too.

brewer12345

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 09:20:38 AM »
I don't like any of them.  I use an excel spreadsheet.  That way  I know how it works, I can easily customize it, and I can audit the data and results with a high degree of confidence.

NumberCruncher

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »
https://www.sigfig.com/ is one too that I just started using. I liked the design better than Personal Capital, but I might end up signing up for both to see which one I like better.

sameoldclothes

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 11:00:33 AM »
Thank you all! I will look into each of them. I appreciate the advice!

lauraredcloud

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »
I just have everything in a Google drive spreadsheet, there is a finance function that automatically calculates the current share price of stocks, ETFs and mutual funds. https://support.google.com/drive/answer/54198