Author Topic: Old Stock Certificates  (Read 1605 times)

Brandonb97

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Old Stock Certificates
« on: March 13, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »
I’ve already submitted an order with a research company but it will take a month. I’m bored so I’m the meantime do you have any knowledge on these (I know one is Con Edison now and one is NASSCO). I don’t know how to compute the value.
Certs (grandfathers name, have proof of ownership and they were never cashed in):
Consolidated Gas Utilities Co. 4 shares in 1929 Delaware
Federal Industries Incorporated 200 shares in 1976 Nevada
National Steel and Shipbuilding Corporation 65 shares in 1959 California

Brandonb97

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Old Stock Certificates
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »
We've been hit by a blizzard over here and I believe the lagging internet posted this 4 times. I apologize.

K-ice

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 07:48:45 AM »
I once had a new stock certificate & had to meet with 3 banks before anyone knew what to do with it.

Good luck. I hope it’s a pleasant surprise & they are worth a big fat FIRE number today.

K-ice

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 08:04:30 AM »
https://www.gd.com/news/press-releases/1998/10/general-dynamics-acquire-nassco-370-million

It looks like NASSCO was bought out in the late 90’s for cash + debt relief. I’m not sure where that cash would be today. Maybe it’s kept somewhere like unclaimed dormant bank accounts.

If it was cash & shares your would probably still have some shares in the new company.

There must be records of what happened to all those companies, if Google doesn’t have the answer then maybe your library can help look for old news stories.

Brandonb97

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »
I saw that regarding NAASCO, I hope they aren't going to argue that they weren't' cashed in during the acquisition or an argument similar to that. Here's some photos of the certificates, from what I've read they appear to not be transferred or cashed in.

Brandonb97

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 04:03:25 PM »
attachment

Brandonb97

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 03:30:11 PM »
bump