Author Topic: Not one thread dedicated to growth stocks???  (Read 1287 times)

MMMdude

• Bristles
Not one thread dedicated to growth stocks???
« on: October 10, 2020, 09:16:02 PM »
Am I missing a thread on here that discusses some growth stock ideas?  Very disappointed.  I guess you are all index investors on here.  Noone wants to hear about past and future multi baggers???  I see the TSLA thread but beyond that nothing.  Wow

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
Re: Not one thread dedicated to growth stocks???
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 09:46:19 PM »
Yes, this is basically an offshoot of the bogleheads forum, as investing forums go. If you're looking to discuss that sort of thing there are probably better places.

-W

ChpBstrd

• Walrus Stache
  • Location: A poor and backward Southern state known as minimum wage country
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 03:08:25 PM »
I see more concern being expressed about high valuations than I see enthusiasm about the next hot stock. This could be because when you buy an index fund nowadays, a big % of that allocation goes to growth stocks. An S&P 500 ETF is mostly a growth fund. So what you’re seeing is a board full of growth investors- just passive ones without much to talk about other than the occasional bubble concern.

Stock picking is a nasty habit and faddish behavior that is discouraged here, so you might not see so much talk about individual companies. I almost wish there was more such talk so we could balance the macro picture, which tends toward doom, with the company-specific picture, which involves plausible plans to make huge amounts of money.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 03:25:14 PM »
I guess you are all index investors on here.

Yup, basically. Very Jack Bogle/J. L. Collins-esque around here.

hodedofome

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 12:27:02 PM »
Am I missing a thread on here that discusses some growth stock ideas?  Very disappointed.  I guess you are all index investors on here.  Noone wants to hear about past and future multi baggers???  I see the TSLA thread but beyond that nothing.  Wow

There are a few threads. Look at the tech investment ones, and a few growth stock ones as well.

Retire-Canada

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 07:34:00 AM »
We mostly use two investments strategies around here:

1. Buy and hold index funds.

2. "I don't normally time the market, but I am going to time the market this time is different." investing.