Author Topic: Anyone use Fundrise?  (Read 3424 times)

haggard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Anyone use Fundrise?
« on: May 29, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »
Found this and a few other of these crowdfunding types for real estate.  I was curious if anyone as started to use them with smaller amounts of money?

grandep

• Stubble
Re: Anyone use Fundrise?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 01:35:51 PM »
Fundrise has been discussed quite a bit on this forum and a quick search will yield some good discussion. Crowdfunded real estate has been a little sketchy in the past so a lot of folks around here are skeptical, but Fundrise has (apparently) solved a lot of those concerns. Still it hasn't really been around long enough for anyone to say whether or not their projected returns match reality.

The Real Estate Crowdfunding Review (https://www.therealestatecrowdfundingreview.com/) has a lot of information you should read before you decide to invest.

Nate79

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 11:23:09 PM »
Yes, I started with a small modest investment a few months ago and adding some every month to test the waters. Their short track record is why I'm only adding small amount in the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HAPPYINAZ

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:13:29 AM »
I haven't yet put money in Fundrise, but I have had some in PeerStreet and have really liked their platform.  Getting between 7-10% (averaging 8%), but lately seems many of the loans are at 7%.  There are still some loans available that are 8.5% but not as many.  And those tend to fill with automated orders, which I use, but there are so many automated orders that often it doesn't make it to me before the loan fills. 
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:49:11 PM by HAPPYINAZ »

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 09:47:03 AM »
I have about 10% in fundrise. For about the past 2 years. I was in one of the first waves of the platform.

The returns have been in the 8-9% range. I was doing auto reinvest, but I didn't like the funds they were auto-reinvesting in. So now I'm just planning on holding my current position and using the dividends to invest elsewhere.

It hasn't been a bad investment, but I wouldn't say this is some hidden gem either.

Mighty-Dollar

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 08:41:48 PM »
Found this and a few other of these crowdfunding types for real estate.  I was curious if anyone as started to use them with smaller amounts of money?
It's still a non-traded REIT. Where to begin? http://investingadvicewatchdog.com/non-traded-reits.html Aside from that, non-traded REITS are like trying to reinvent the wheel. The wheel ALREADY works just fine... It's called publicly traded real estate stocks and index funds like VNQ.

arizonawildcats

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 10:20:23 PM »
It's still a non-traded REIT. Where to begin? http://investingadvicewatchdog.com/non-traded-reits.html Aside from that, non-traded REITS are like trying to reinvent the wheel. The wheel ALREADY works just fine... It's called publicly traded real estate stocks and index funds like VNQ.
I own both VNQ and Fundrise.   According to Portfolio Visualizer, VNQ had a maximum drawdown of 68.3% between February 2007 and February 2009.   The correlation with the stock market was higher than I expected.   I remember picking up VNQ shares just north of $20 per share during that time.   

There is risk with both VNQ and Fundrise.   I do believe Fundrise (Private REIT) is less correlated to the overall stock market.   That’s why I choose to invest in both for diversification purposes.   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 10:21:59 PM by arizonawildcats »

haggard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 08:19:31 PM »
Thanks for the help guys!  I might look a little closer in too that VNQ as well